Base Off: Lofty Ambitions Competition!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Achikah, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Achikah All About That Base

Let's goooooo!
    Got you all written down on the tour list, sir. Looking forward to touring around. =D

As for the rest of you- ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT FOR SUBMISSIONS! Get those entries in if ya got 'um!
    • Like x 2
  2. Achikah All About That Base

Last day for entries!

(Aka... we're almost there.)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Achikah All About That Base

Alright everyone, Base Off: Lofty Ambitions submissions have come to a close! We got 13 entries for this one and I'm SUPER stoked to see what you've brought to the table.

All entries will be initially toured on Sunday, May 14th at 8pm PST over on my Twitch channel, with the VOD of the stream dropping the Monday after on Youtube. After a few days of thorough judging, winners will be announced in a video on Friday the 19th.

Looking forward to seeing all the entries, as well as all you base enthusiasts who can make it. Catch ya there!
    • Like x 2
  4. TeeVolt Well-Known Player

I tried to get a base together but ran out of time! Sadly, I am super slow at decorating and my job is crazy busy atm so I only got it half finished.

However, I am super excited to see the base-off stream and check out all the incredible bases!!!
    Good luck to all the entries!
    • Like x 4
  5. Eve YouTuber

WE ARE ALMOST THERE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  6. Achikah All About That Base

Hey, no worries at all! I'm a super slow decorator myself, so I completely understand.

Even though you couldn't make the deadline, you took inspiration from the contest which is awesome and I'd definitely love to see it whenever it's completed. And hey, there's always gonna be more Base Offs, some of which should have an open theme, so you should have another chance to enter. =)

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Cant rush creativity:)
    • Like x 5
  8. Achikah All About That Base

Man, I have gotta say, this was an absolutely FABULOUS round of Base Off entries. Every base was filled with detail or used amazing colors and combos to be spectacular. The amount of detail in the stories and lore you painted with your bases/homes was seriously awe-inspiring. Thank you so much for all the work you put in. Now, it seems like I got some work ahead of me, haha!

VODs should both be up shortly- they're exported, just working on the thumbs and timestamps. Expect them in the new few hours.
    As for the winners, you can expect an announcement video to be posted this Friday, the 19th on YouTube, which I'll promptly post to this very thread.

Again, thank you so much to all the amazingly talented contestants, the wonderful livestream and VOD viewers, and all the donors, supporters, and base enthusiasts who make this possible. You guys let me do what I love doing while consistently inspiring with your creativity, and it'll never stop being awesome. Thank you.
    • Like x 4
  9. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

That was GREAT! AWESOME! WOW! Sorry, just have no words.:oops:
    My favorite base: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1820320214?t=0h4m56s
    This Oblivion Bar looks amazing. A lot of details and incredible atmosphere.
    Also, I saw a lot of hidden rooms, so... let me show you one more;)
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. Achikah All About That Base

VODs are finally live for those that missed the stream!

US Server

EU Server
    • Like x 5
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

As always, all the bases amaze the imagination ... but Psycho Tech surprised me the most, I didn’t even suspect that outside the lava window, you can also place base items ...
    And of course, special thanks to our magnificent Achikah for organizing "Base off" and for holding the stream (despite the fatigue ;)...
    • Like x 5
  12. Eve YouTuber

Lots of great bases in th is base off, Achi you're literally the Queen of Decor and I am so proud of you for how you run these events - with such dedication and hard work. And you give every base tour the respected time it deserves and let it shine through your commentary. You're literally the best. :)

- As for Amazoonian Retreat, It's actually Amazonian but I can't use that word xD
    • Like x 4
  13. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Why thank you :D
    • Like x 2
  14. Achikah All About That Base

Ya, man! Fr0st knocked it out of the park with that one. I loved the demo tapes at the edge of the stage- it's so accurate! haha!!

And Ahhhhhhh!! I can't believe I missed it! That's so cool!!
    I'm sorry for overlooking it. I'll definitely make sure to show it off once I showcase it properly on the channel, as well as when I go back through for judging these next few days.

Thank you so much for entering, and I really had a blast checking out your base.
    A magician never reveals their secrets, or in this case, a fairly demonic madman. XD
    And thank you, that's very kind. Decompressing with some awesome bases was just the thing I needed after a long week. It's me who should be thanking you all, the entries were absolutely fantastic this Base Off. Truly.
    Also, I couldn't stop laughing at your Johnny Quick scene this morning- so good! Hahaha!
    Aw, thanks Z. That's really amazing to hear and I appreciate it a whole lot.

And aw maaaaan, haha! I hate when that happens and defintiely feel your pain. But hey! It does kinda have a 'zoo' quality to it, even if the momma phoenix is away from the nest. ;P

It was really fun seeing how far the base had come too since my last visit- the back room alone was such an epic glow up, same with the wall recolors and front room touch ups. Really awesome work, and fantastic base. Thank you for entering! =D
    • Like x 3
  15. Achikah All About That Base

The results are in! Here are your winners for Base Off: Lofty Ambitions!

A HUGE thank you to all the wonderful contestants and their fantastic bases, and congratulations to all the winners! Like I always say and write, I never know what to expect with Base Off, but every time I'm left in complete awe at the bases you've created as well as the overwhelming support and enthusiasm from everyone. I couldn't ask for a better community to be apart of.

Again, thank you to all the contestants, livestream participants, supporters, and donors who make this whole thing possible. I'll be reaching out to each of the winners about their prizes this weekend and shipping everything off ASAP over the next week.

Stay tuned for the next installment of Base Off coming this Friday!
    • Like x 6
  16. TeeVolt Well-Known Player

I'll say it again. I am truly impressed with the creative abilities and attention to detail by ALL of these decorators. Especially to the ones that redesign the floor plan and are able to create rooms, hallways, pathways, corridors, etc that lead you through their base. Hidden rooms, doors to open, etc. Sometimes I can't even tell what base type it is and don't know where I am inside the base!

I don't really see the space that way, my bases end up being a bit more of an open floor plan so I think that's why I find that stuff even more impressive!

Plus such creative use of the base items to tell a story! Always a joy to see!

Decorating has become my favorite part of this game. Thanks all for continuing to inspire!!!
    • Like x 5
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

I decided to revise the "Lady-in-Waiting"

I love housing but this how i feel when working on it.
    [IMG]
    Its mentally taxxing, but in a satisfying way. When it all starts coming togather.
    • Like x 3
  18. Achikah All About That Base

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!!

Hearing this from both of you makes me so happy! T_T Getting people to decorate for the first time, to pick it back up after a long hiatus, or give veterans something to tinker with was really the main goal with Base Off- just get people creating. I'm so stoked to see what you guys come up with, and if you need any help- furniture farming, ideas/brainstorming, or even just sharing Works In Progress- myself, as well as the Base Crafter, are always willing to help!

Keep me in the loop because I definitely want to see what you guys are working on. =D
    (Also that Gary gif absolutely killed me XD!)
    • Like x 5