Memberships

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jords21, May 12, 2023.

1. Jords21 Well-Known Player

With every episode free to play why not have the benefits to free membership without paying a single thing but still have to have option to buy marketplace cash
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

C'mon man... They've got to make SOME money on this game, right?

Many people ONLY spend money on membership, using the DBC/Loyalty and 'extra' goodies. Is your thought that now that they are getting the same stuff for free they'd go spend that $15 on other things monthly? The best way to recoup the lost of whatever they lose from membership is to ADD something else for those same users to go buy. Which would likely be something we'd ALL need to buy as well. No thanks to adding MORE stuff to spend money on.

Leave membership as an option to get a bit 'extra' every month for those that want to spend the money. Those who choose NOT to spend the money just don't get those extras. Better to have it as an option vs having something we'd all likely get roped into spending money on.
    • Like x 7
  3. Jords21 Well-Known Player

What I’m saying is making memberships free and buying marketplace cash still a option spending money on both is a ridiculous amount of money
  4. myandria Item Storage

Umm...

Hmm...

No thank you.

I dont buy much marketplace cash BECAUSE of the membership fee that I pay. It is a "choice" to purchase marketplace cash on top of a membership, not a requirement. Also, paying for the membership gives you access to both the free/premium level log in rewards AND the membership level log in rewards, as well as the monthly membership perks. If the devs made the game truly free they would have to take away the log in rewards; they will not give a free game, a free membership AND free log in rewards. Something will have to go.

It seems to me you want this game to run like a JRPG free game runs; no membership, free to download but you have to buy everything in order to progress in the game. Again, no thanks; I'm good.:D
    • Like x 3
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I actually don’t understand what you’re asking for … you want them to do away with the monthly membership totally, and have those benefits applied to. Everyone ?
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

You always have the option to buy marketplace cash?
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey....after memberships....maybe they should just make MP cash free....right? Or how about they pay us for playing? I've often thought of DC as my 2nd 'job'....shouldn't I get paid for all my time in game?

Oh....no. That would be a silly idea. Let's just forget the whole thing.
    • Like x 1
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

How about "Nope"?
  9. inferno Loyal Player

I've been on a continuous annual legendary membership since 2011; and I also purchased a minimum of $200 in MC every year and maximizing it's worth through sales. Last year I spent zero on MC cash...there just wasn't anything for me to buy. I stopped my subscription on April. And if they put anything of interest in the Market; I'll buy MC. I feel that this is the best option for me. This was my choice and I intend to go back in the future and it will be on an annual basis again.

I don't think the request to give all membership perks for free is reasonable. Daybreak is a company that has employees and they need salaries to live on.

Every player has the choice to either support the game through membership or buying MC. Or not buy anything at all.
    • Like x 1
  10. Limey Committed Player

You mean you haven't realized buying a year sub is $10 a month, and then they give you $5 in market cash, and $5 in replay badges a month, making all other sub benefits "free" from a value perspective?

I mean you obviously don't understand how operating a successful capitalist business works, I just want to make sure you don't understand the concepts of intrinsic/extrinsic value as well.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah I went to this model 2 years ago....around the time cash cap came off and the grind seemed to step up with the vault/stabilizer/daily grant changes. Assuming I wanted something or needed something I'd get $100 worth of MPC...likely the 15K bundle that's still in the PS store. As it stands I've got about 3K of the 15 I bought 2.5 years ago...so I doubt that will happen soon.

A sale that netted out to AROUND $100 a year MIGHT have swayed me back, but as it stands $100 is less than $120 or $15 a month...and I find there is less stuff for me I WANT to spend money on. There is nothing I feel I HAVE to spend money on anymore. Nothing in this game is mandatory...so I'll let it slide on by.

But yes....I get there is a reason for some to have membership, and making those things 'free' will help anyone in the long run when the game shuts down.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Sorry Reinheld is right, if I didn't have to pay for membership any more I definitely wouldn't be spending $10-15 every month I'd be spending it only as/when required.

Also the membership is more cost effective than buying the items at normal price. I can pay as little as $10 a month and obtain $25 worth of artifact seals.

I'm not quite sure you've really thought this through because ditching the membership in favor of then spending that full $25 if I needed them would have to be the silliest idea I've heard in a while :D
    • Like x 3
  13. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

And don't forget the 10% discount on marketplace items when you're subbed. Not only do you get free MP money, but you also spend 10% less of it.
  14. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, membership is the best deal it's been in all my time here if not just ever. It actively saves you money from buying other stuff. Need stabilisers, seals, styles, gear, etc? Between the Daily Rewards and the vendor, Doctor Fate has got your back! You get so much that was previously only in the MarketPlace and Loyalty Vendor without spending a single extra dime!
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok....now I KNOW you are not Proxy. Who are you and what have you done with him?:eek:
    • Like x 5
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't pay for membership and I only spend money if I absolutely have to.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Which is not often.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I can neither confirm nor deny knowing his whereabouts.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

[IMG]

What's going on here?! I'm scared now!
  20. Proxystar #Perception

There is no need to be scared I have been replaced by an autonomous artificial... I mean there is nothing to see here.
    • Like x 3