Name Reclaim: Update & Delay

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 11, 2023.

1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

wait. so, you're telling me I killed my family for nothing? not cool, Daybreak.
    • Like x 4
  2. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

It's hardly Daybreak's fault that you didn't have the foresight to insure them first.
    • Like x 3
  3. myandria Item Storage

I humbly disagree. Moving the date up would present the same problem; not taking the time to ensure the system will work without fail. The devs not only need time to find and fix the error, but also enough time to test and ensure that there are no other "hidden" errors that they may come across. We don't need another delay because of another error that was found at the last minute.

In my opinion, this delay may help those who took time off for this past name reclaim to schedule another day off within an acceptable time frame. So, putting in for time off for June 1st between now and Monday would give them a better chance of getting that day off and planning for it.

At this point, what's done is done; time to move forward and plan for the rescheduled name reclaim date. The milk has been spilled and it's being cleaned up right now. Time to make a vodka and lemon spritzer with the lemons we got this week; CHEERS!

I shall repeat myself here: the dev's timeframe will never be the same as the player's timeframe.
    • Like x 3
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Wow, this one made me laugh hard ... good one.

To be fair, it is my day job as IT Quality to find these kinds of things. I was an Issue Tracker mod for a few years and from back then, I know they have at least a couple of people like me as part of their dev group. Just like me in my day job, I'm sure they do their best, catch a lot of things, and a lot of things still make their way through. What's amazing is that literally within minutes of my posting the issue on the forums they were able to see it and react. I don't know how Mepps is able to be on top of it like that. Seriously, amazing.

EDIT: I feel myself taking credit "I found it," but in this case you were faulting them for finding it late and, instead, should be praising them for reacting quickly and appropriately.
    • Like x 7
  5. xGMZen Well-Known Player

I suggest, for long term support (and not just for the one time payments paid by name hogs) invest changes for your new players. if you adjust the name reclaim for one name change per 15 minutes, the money would go further than the money that hates new players. they hate new players because they hate cooperating with them. this will defeat the purpose of cooperation. if new players aren't given the opportunity to reclaim their own names, then the event would be for naut. thanks for postponing the event, it really was the right thing to do.
  6. Siramez Well-Known Player

Yall just overreacting:

kekw
    • Like x 1
  7. Dev72 Dedicated Player

To be honest, and not defending anyone here...there are more things in life to be concerned with than a name reclaim date being moved and the possibility of the name of choice no longer being available, as if there were a great chance it would have been to begin with. Glad I do not put much value in names on a game....OG or otherwise.

Stuff happens.
    • Like x 3
  8. Royy New Player

Where do i go to suggest ideas? Not used forums in ages and dont see a content suggestion area haha
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Look in the Developer Discussion section for the appropriate thread. If you don't see one then post in General Gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  10. Royy New Player

Cheers mate appreciate it :)
  11. Revolastion Active Player

thanks for the update
  12. Max Six Level 30

Dude... dude I love ya but reading a wall of unformatted text like that is just hard
  13. Max Six Level 30

You can prep things and they still don't go as planned, I'd guess you're wrong, but what the hey ;)
  14. Max Six Level 30

Well no bro, I mean at least they're not gonna hassle you no more. Always look on the bright side of life! :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

well, yeah, but I need a sammich & the washing's already starting to pile up. . .
  16. Max Six Level 30

People have the right to do what they want with their sick days and vaction days, but is anybody really waiting for some popular name to drop that might be competed for and wanted by many? Aren't you a populist sheep at that stage? Expand, use that imagination, don't go for the popular - you are not Batman or Iron Man or Super[califragilisticexpialidociousman or whatever] language has lots of words [as far as I can tell it's mainly made up of them ;) ] use them your way, or don't; I guess it's up to you.

I get that it can be a little frustrating not to get your'perfect' name for your character but hey -LIFE. Just think, vary, adapt... you can come up with something worthy.

Max Six [Fire] / The Qabalist [Sorcery] / The Hatemonger (v) [Electricity] / Gavrael [Fire] / Colonel England [Gadgets] / Incompetent Man [Earth] / Doc Prophet [Celestial] / Ipsissimiss (v) [Sorcery] / John Shokk (v) [Electricity] / CoolHand Luke [Ice] / Super Badger [Nature]
    Kruge [Quantum] / Corporal Scorn [Munitions] / Maxx One [Mental] / Rigour [Rage] / Project Bushido [Munitions] / Strategist Six [Mental] / Huntaway [Nature] / Taiman Tide [Water] / varIAnt5107 (v) [Mental]
    (varIAnt5107 is meant to sond like a 'script kiddie' name)
  17. Max Six Level 30

I guess they were good for something after all, comisserations on your loss!

p.s. Are you good? I mean the feds don't suspect nothin' right?
    • Like x 1
  18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm in England. we ain't got any police. I'm good.
    • Like x 4
  19. Rainy New Player

I vote for june 1st please.
  20. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

No Thank You.

If they want to make it right to the people they let down, they need to do it on a SATURDAY.