Name Reclaim: Update & Delay

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 11, 2023.

1. Starburst Active Player

Probably, but maybe a double rewards or some gifts would help. It stings waiting for a month for the reclaim just to get an oops and almost one more month on top of it lol
    • Like x 4
  2. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Not sure about using the word frustration.

I’m just done taking anything this company posts seriously. A good reputation is hard to keep and very easy to lose. This companies track record on dropping the ball is starting to become a routine. And that is a sign of unorganized expectations. This will be my last post on the subject. Keep the “gifts” for the downtime. I just want to trust this company.

Mepps, this whole situation sucks. And I am one of the games Biggest fans.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They could have gifted us marks for the loss of day.
    • Like x 2
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

What you said makes no sense to me.

I'm guessing what happened was something like this
    Code:
    SELECT u.userid, t.toonid, MAX(u.logindate) lastlogin
    FROM users u
    INNER JOIN toons t ON t.userid = u.userid
    GROUP BY u.userid, u.toonid
    HAVING MAX(u.logindate) < CAST('5/11/2022' AS DATE)
    Which would yield a per-toon last login.

Instead of something like this
    Code:
    SELECT u.userid,t.toonid,u.lastlogin
    FROM
    (
    SELECT u.userid, MAX(u.logindate) lastlogin
    FROM users u
    GROUP BY userid
    )u
    INNER JOIN toon t ON t.userid = u.userid
    WHERE CAST(lastlogin AS DATE) < CAST('5/11/2022' AS DATE)
    Which would yield toons, but with the user last login.
    • Like x 4
  5. Ratchet_Rich New Player

I bought my membership April 27th, you tell me
  6. xGMZen Well-Known Player

No rush! :)
  7. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

What am I missing? Is there no backup that could be reloaded instead?
    • Like x 2
  8. MrK Active Player

Indeed was on my phone wasen't feeling to type the whole thing haha
    • Like x 1
  9. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

I have an good idea take care that the game works well and start care about real problems and dont waste time we pay for play ...

the games lags at every corner ...50 or even more % of gamers use an (build) witch brings there weapon based chars to an speed and score of damage witch is just rediciouls so how about take vare about balance this game before u care about silly names

one more thing.....i dont need an diffrend name for my char if they look in the core all the same...if u really wanna do something give us an creator were we can change body size face details and such stuff this game feels like it is 100 years old
    • Like x 2
  10. Rainnifer Committed Player

That's a good question. You'd think there would be a backup of all the data BEFORE doing something like this, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Really interesting.
    • Like x 1
  11. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

The crashing that is being exasperated by players all cramming the same phase for 30-50 players + RSK, Trinket Pets and 3 Henchmen per player to be rendered. Has yet to occur for me in phases with 15-20 people. And a big plus in my book, that the game instantly shutsdown to report the bug, rather than my ps5 shutting off completely.

Certain things not working in the Instances always happens when things hit Live. Something with the code being different. I definetaly recall a Dev (I think it was Batuba) mentioning they had 3 failsafes to get Supes into the fight with Amazo in BoP, yet it was still a 50/50 shot.

I don't care about Eye of Gemini either way, I fail to see the issue with it being delayed if it needs further testing.

I don't usually keep an eye on Ally Test Threads, but I do recall Death Metal Batman, Superman and especially Krypto being on there for ages before we got him Live. As something that potentially costs a minor fortune to level, I'd really prefer them staying on Test for a year, if that's what it takes to get their effects "just right", so they won't need adjusting once they hit Live.
  12. ZORELDA New Player

• Like x 3
  13. HunchoF New Player

I honestly think , the Name Reclaim cancellation should not happen only cause , you guys can go back and fix the names that were messed up.And continue with the name reclaim itself, if doing that will lengthen the maintenance time then that’s okay I’m fine with that. But a lot of people were highly planning on this day especially it being almost a month in advancedI only have an issue cause this gives the very inactive players more time to come back and log onto a character and log out and never get on that character for another 5-9 years .
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Bummer. Should have waited to sub till today I guess...
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

Backups take as much time to restore as they take to create. And then you have to check that it's restored correctly. It's not an instant process.
    • Like x 3
  16. ZORELDA New Player

Understand things can go wrong when doing a big update, such as name reclaim. What upsets me is for many years DC picks reset day. Why? Mon- Wed not much happening in game. You shut down on reset day. And then after three to four hr's later , You mess up and change the date? Didn't developers work on this? Now we wait another four hr's for you developers to fix your mistakes? On reset day? why always a Thursday? It isn't fair to take that time away from players that have work schedules. Now I will be leaving for the day , And couldn't get my event done. Hopefully when I return Sunday my armory won't be messed up again. Ive lost 3 SP during one of these blunders and never after several tickets did they get returned. Fix one thing break another. And its always on reset day? Makes no sense , and it isn't fair to players. Nobody ever actually fixes anything. putting tickets in does nothing but send you to forums for deaf ears. It's getting old now. It is basically pay to play , And if your toon breaks "OH WELL"
    • Like x 2
  17. Ghazzawi New Player

Approximately how long will this take ? Any guesstimation works, so i can atleast plan my day around that instead of waiting here aimlessly, thanks in advance
    • Like x 1
  18. Designated Well-Known Player

kkkkkkkkkkkk, as expected...
    • Like x 2
  19. Rainnifer Committed Player

It could still be faster to use than having to go back and repair damages, but yeah I can understand why they wouldn't go for it. Nothing is set in stone when it comes to technology, situations like these are an unfortunate and bad time for everyone involved even if it's no ones fault.
    • Like x 1
  20. arielflores New Player

Unacceptable, considering it's not the first time you've done this name reclaim event, I think the least you guys can do is give us at least 1 name change token as compensation. It denotes how unprofessional the company is, announcing an event in advance on all communication channels and canceling it the same day because you are not prepared to make the changes that you announced without taking into account that there are people who planned their day for this event.
    • Like x 3