Name Reclaim: Update & Delay

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 11, 2023.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Would that prevent someone from grabbing the names up in less than 15 min increments? No. It would just make it easier to get a name out of a 'parked' status once grabbed. Which again, if someone were grabbing and hoarding names, they'd just have to abide by those things (level of activity or level of advancement) to make sure they couldn't have the name ganked later.

I'm not sure how name selling/transferring work in other games, but if you can make an unlimited amount of accounts...you have unlimited amount of attempts to grab the names. What happens after doesn't matter for what I was responding to.
    • Like x 1
  2. Random Mind Dedicated Player

[IMG]

That is Hilarious!! :D:D
    • Like x 3
  3. BigSlasha New Player

i aint readin allat lil bro lmao
    • Like x 3
  4. SmokeyBear Active Player

yes we are all working on the same idea. World of Warcraft has a great system, no system is prefect. yet its better
    • Like x 1
  5. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

I'm personally not mad about the delay, even though the reclaim was something I was very excited for. There's no right or wrong way to feel in this particular instance. Everyone has different sentiments, and for me, the name is what makes my character. My version of a good name may not be what someone else thinks is a good name. Also, if you haven't noticed, a lot of people aren't just mad about the reclaim. It's just one of the many underlying issues with this game that added to people's anger.
    • Like x 1
  6. xGMZen Well-Known Player

I agree 100%. Only no exeptions. you must be level 30 to keep the name. that will free up the names the hoarders intend to sell, they need to find something else to bargain with, rather than take from "the n00bs"
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There is some downtime time required to undo the name changes that were done already.
    • Like x 10
  8. Ratchet_Rich New Player

Had an entire month to test this and still fumbled. Nice that you waited till the last minute as well. Bought a membership just for this
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Your membership will be active in 21 days still. Right?
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't play WoW, so I couldn't say if t's better or worse. Just saying, there is no real way to limit what names you can get, other than your own timing/effort. I wouldn't object to a system as you suggest, but I'd say the hoarders would adapt anyway.

Honestly I think the purge should be an annual, unannounced event. Happens at some point around EOY, but not at a set day/time as part of regular maintenance. Could still be a year login window...maybe 2 years...or maybe a level requirement AND activity....but it should be an account restriction, not toon(the activity anyway). People DO have alts or bank toons that they might shelf for a year or more, but might be active players who are contributing to the game.

I've got a bank toon with an name something like 'asdfasdfasdfa' who's level 5. Not that I really care if that name would change, but yeah....I don't think I'm selling it at any point either.

BTW....WTS name 'asdfasdfasdfa'....1 Bil in game! Get yours today!;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For context, we did not wait to the last minute to test the process. We did fail to catch an issue in our testing, until the last minute this morning.

While it may have been possible to revert these changes, correct the logic, run new queries, and then run a new name reclaim while we were offline today, we would have been looking at being offline the entire day before we even get to further testing or identifying further issues.

While frustrating, the safer course is to revert, come back up, and move forward at a later date.
    • Like x 21
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

I'm more annoyed by the name change token I purchased that's sitting in my inventory for the past few weeks and now until an uncertain time in the future. I could have used that cash for a month membership instead in hindsight. Oh well I guess. That and like others posted, so many updates lately getting delayed.
    • Like x 1
  13. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

The only reason I'm bummed is it's more time lost in the game. The Name change wasn't going too affect much for me other than downtime, I play on the US server in the UK which means downtime happens around 2pm... So it's more the inconvenience of not getting to play for longer. Finding out that delay is something that could mean losing more game time further down the line as well is a downer, I'll survive...

Plus side, kudos for catching it BEFORE it caused more harm than good
    • Like x 1
  14. Skoll Well-Known Player

Yes, Episode 45 had a smooth launch, if you don’t count the non stop crashing in the open world being reported, even still today after they’ve added a hotfix, the Raid visuals having to be changed, Parasite in the Alert being able to be force-glitched and not attack, Major Force being force-glitched into a corner, certain raid feats not being able to be completed and added the numerical UI to desaad boss fight as it would bug out and not show a symbol sometimes. You know, if you just looked at the 6 out of 8 Hotfixes that have been performed within a 2 week timespan, they will explain it better than me. But yeah, smooth launch. If “well there was no game breaking bugs!” Is the highlight, then that’s just tragic.

Eye of Gemini, still delayed regardless.

Yeah, they didn’t actually give a release date for Static, but I don’t believe a Static ally has been intended to stay on test for 5 weeks currently and probably until June, 2 months after a Static Shock episode has been released. Seems like a delay that they don’t have to announce as they never gave a release date, conveniently.

I would also rather delays than things getting released in unintended states, but this many delays in just 1 month? People are expected to be annoyed. If my department delayed 4 projects at work within a month, I would be fired.
    • Like x 2
  15. ZORELDA New Player

16. MrK Active Player

If you only understand that a quary is created in a program using exactly this kind of string i just typed.
    You probably would not even bothered to reply.
    • Like x 1
  17. xGMZen Well-Known Player

maybe add some symbols to apply in character creation, to increase the odds of a successful creation rather than a depressing improvised name with numbers. Example: Gr33D *improvised name, very sad*.
  18. Starburst Active Player

I'd rather yall just do exactly that and run the new reclaim while we were offline today, imagine we wait until June for yall to find another issue the morning of and delay it again
    • Like x 3
  19. MISS IDEAL New Player

well, is looks like I should've read the thread thoroughly cause my questions were already answered, My apologies.
  20. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

People would be even more outraged at the fact they missed a day to do their dailies.
    • Like x 3
  21. xGMZen Well-Known Player

thats the practical way of doing things. I know you guys can do it!