Name Reclaim: Update & Delay

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 11, 2023.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Good morning (afternoon, evening, night), everyone. Good news and bad news.

The bad news is that today's Name Reclaim has been cancelled and delayed until a later date. An error in our query meant we were renaming characters that should not have been renamed.

The good news is that we were able to catch the issue before any worlds were back online. We are currently reverting all changes made today, so no character renames will have occurred.

We now expect to perform the Name Reclaim on or before our next Game Update, which is currently scheduled for June 1. We will confirm the new date as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your understanding and for your vigilance in raising the issue this morning.

Update: We expect to perform the name reclaim on June 1, 2023.
    • Like x 33
  2. zNot Loyal Player

All good, it happens.
    • Like x 3
  3. DezFTW Active Player

Good to know
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea thanks guys.
    • Like x 1
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

All good, things happen. Thanks for the update. I'm honestly surprised you guys had even decided to do a name reclaim. I hope you guys find the issue.
    • Like x 2
  6. CanaryGrimes New Player

7. Brit Loyal Player

Well crap.

I took the day off of work today in order to stay home rapidly refreshing. lol.

Oh well. I'm still thrilled that they're doing the event again, and if we have to wait a little longer, that just means I've got more time to thick up cool names.
    • Like x 4
  8. KillahBags Level 30

I think you guys should implement a system anyway . Like only allow a name creation or name change once per 15 minutes or something like that, So you don't have all these people spamming names for profit
    • Like x 1
  9. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

No really….

You do understand that people took days off from work to participate in this name reclaim. I’m sorry Mepps, I understand you are just a messenger. But this BS is unacceptable. How does this even happen? You now are moving the name reclaim date? I took your companies information and made plans.

I don’t understand how this company cannot follow through. This was announced way in advance. And still was not prepared properly? Terrible on all accounts.

The very LEAST you can do is now have this reclaim on a WEEKEND. So everyone might be able to participate.

The ball was DROPPED on this one. Yes I’m pissed. So if you feel like trolling me go ahead. But this is terrible.

Am I entitled? Nope. Just extremely frustrated with this company.
    • Like x 7
  10. Stag Active Player

try to prevent people from using bots to snatch names
    • Like x 3
  11. Static_- New Player

Imagine, took the day of for y’all to respond last minute saying this…
    • Like x 5
  12. Brit Loyal Player

Name Claiming at character creation is how they claim hundreds of names on free accounts for the name-sellers profits.

The rename tokens, the ones that cost money and pay to Dimensional Ink, those are only going on players who are paying money in order to rename an existing character. As in, for players actually playing the game.

If your desire is to avoid name-selling, then a better response would be to do the exact opposite of what you are asking for.

"Names freed up from the purge can NOT be claimed by NEW characters, and can ONLY be claimed via Rename Tokens, for a period of, say, 7 days."

Then the people who profit would be Dimensional Ink, instead of the spammers.

Though honestly, I just want to see the Name Purges be a regular thing, so I'm throwing as much money as I can at it to be clear where my support lays.
    • Like x 11
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Man it’s just a game no reason to get upset
    • Like x 5
  14. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

That is great news for your company. Not us. I’ve spoken my mind on the Gotham section. It won’t change anything, but let’s just say this BS is unacceptable. People took your information as solid. And took personal days off of work. Boy did we get burned. Thanks
    • Like x 2
  15. Limey Committed Player

If you literally took time off from work because you wanted to claim character names in a video game, and are now emotional because you can't do that today... maybe you should review your priorities in life.

It's a video game. It's purpose is entertainment. If you are not entertained, you're definitely not putting much thought into how you live you life or spend your time.

P.S. If you don't understand software databases, the jist is that they COULD fix the issue and make it happen today, but downtime would be extended to 12-15 hours in an ideal world, closer to 24+ hours if they have difficulty narrowing down the issue with the script they're running.
    • Like x 11
  16. Eve YouTuber

Glad you caught it on time! It happens.
    • Like x 4
  17. BigSlasha New Player

lol i took the day off work and acted sick just for this wish we couldve gotten this response idk a week earlier or something but its cool
    • Like x 1
  18. Sentiency Well-Known Player

I mean, what exactly do you want them to do? They caught something before release and notified us. I took the day off too, but things happen.
    • Like x 5
  19. Magician Dedicated Player

To be fair, the initial post said on or around May 11th. It wasn't a guarantee. Take things at face value
    • Like x 3
  20. MrK Active Player

Small tip for the quary
    UPDATE Players
    SET PlayerName = 'Example', logindate = '10-05-2023'

Keep on rocking!
    • Like x 4