Downtime Server Downtime - May 11, 2023 - Name Reclaim

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random Mind Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

See...

This is why I kinda wished they would give a specific time as to when it starts, as opposed to "up to 6" after reset.

Now, it's first come first serve for the guys who sit at the game trying to log on every five minutes for the entire afternoon.

There probably should be an official "It starts at 4pm est".
  3. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Exowav, is that you?
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It sure would be nice if we had a working census so we could check out names we're interested in beforehand. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have next to no interest in getting names, however I will likely just poke my head in on my laptop every 20 odd min or so, and see if the servers are up. If they are, I might even 'try' to get some name(I've got 2 I'd shoot for if I have a chance)....That and I'd guess they will have a twitter or forum announcement when the servers are up. Any more dedication than that?...well, I guess I'm not the target for this event.

I do suppose people could take the day off though. What's losing 1 day of pay in the grand scheme of things when you can snag an 'OG' name like "Chair", "Shoelaces", or "No2Pencil"? Think of the clout! Can't put a price on that.
    • Like x 2
  6. ZROD New Player

exowav is who i am how you gunna defeat me you got knocked out on braniac ship
    • Like x 2
  7. myandria Item Storage

I choose popcorn.. yeah.. popcorn..

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  8. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

9. Random Mind Dedicated Player

That's not popcorn though... that's a giant eating sheep.
  10. myandria Item Storage

LOL! Since it is an older cartoon, I can see how someone would see it that way! :D:D
    • Like x 2
  11. Starbrand Dedicated Player

So much potential for trolling in this name changing farkas...
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

did they grab alts on your account? they said you had to log into your account not each and every character on it. if your account is active they shouldnt have removed any thats BS if what im hearing is true
    • Like x 1
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I logged in on every single one of my alts just to make sure. It's not that difficult to load up a character, then go back to the Character Select Screen. And players have had AT MINIMUM a month's warning to go ahead and log into the game on all their characters. So what's actually BS is people that grabbed desirable names to make characters that have nothing to do with those names, then have been allowed to sit on those names since the last Name Reclaim, whilst never playing the game! *Drops Mic*
    • Like x 2
  14. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I'm back after a very long haitus. I only just found out. Based on "characters on accounts that haven't logged in" I thought I would be safe, but it looks like it applies to individual toons that haven't been opened.

From https://players.dcuniverseonline.com ...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Since, as of this posting, the server is still down, NO ONE has grabbed anything. Your Troll Fu is weak. :p
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

im just stating what ive heard. you can look up names and peoples are being changed. and devs said long into account not characters. dont care what issues you two are spouting off about.
    • Like x 1
  17. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

What if all your characters got wiped along with the names. Imagine.
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I've had a lot going on irl, haven't been on the game in five years or more. I was super super active both here in the forums, on discord, and more.

I had a dream about selling an original orbital illegally and getting my membership paid for life. The next day someone from my old league was on Discord and reached out to me. I took it as a sign and logged back in. I've spent googobs of time trying to get my main characters back up to speed, reconnecting with my leaguemates, and sorting my horrible inventory state with all the changes over the years, with all the obsolete crafting items especially. I thought I was safe because I logged in. I haven't had a chance to spend it on every single toon yet.

If I had realized that I had to log in and out of every single character, then yes, it's simple to physically do, you are correct in that part. But "characters on accounts that haven't logged in" is in grammar a "misplaced modifier" that is really biting me here.
    • Like x 4
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The name reclaim is account-specific, not character specific. You must have logged in on one of your characters to preserve all of your characters.
    • Like x 6
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Today's maintenance has been delayed. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/name-reclaim-update-delay.327909/

• Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.