Hop in the Blue Dome Bubble…sigh

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Essential Exobyte, May 9, 2023.

1. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Seriously, how hard is it to simply move over to a corner and protect yourself from a huge damage hit. It’s not like you can stand their and get all the pew pew on some immune bosses.

Imo I’d make that an instant 1-shot mechanic and see if ppl get the message. But after Roe and Lazy Blast, I suppose ppl just can’t understand simple things.

Thoughts?
    • Like x 4
  2. Dilios Well-Known Player

I got this feat with a random bunch of villains. I asked via chat: "dome feat?", and it worked! Haha
    • Like x 1
  3. Dev72 Dedicated Player

It is a one shot in elite, and it is just one bubble.

Hint.

When rocket says, "Feel the inertia" ....start looking for the dome. It is also normally the first mechanic and then after each reflect phase depending on the burn. No reason to miss it unless a hard stun is applied or are caught in a middle of a pick-up(primarily due to people breaking out and/or hitting the reflect). The tank also should be popping immunity for the group on those phases to include the cog phases.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Always remember, mechanics are very important. So important we made a sweeping change to make sure that they cannot be ignored. Mechanics in older content are what teach our new/bad players to be good players.....once they are good players they can THEN ignore mechanics whenever possible in new content.

It's the gamer 'circle of life'.
    • Like x 4
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Oh, is that why "we" made those changes? Interesting. Seems like there is some disagreement about that, though. Some say those changes were made to prevent content from glitching and breaking due to excessive DPS. Some say - it was to stop low level players' experience ruined by overgeared ones. Some claim the purpose was making players spend more time in EEG content, which used to be quickly steamrolled for feats and styles, then deserted by EG players. Some seem to think it was a personal attack on them and meant to gatekeep them from obtaining every feat in the game. While the people who actually made those changes said, that it was because they "strongly believe experience will be more fun for everyone if the content plays somewhat similar to how it was designed".

But no - probably only your preferred explanation is true, because if everyone in the EG isn't a great player and isn't religiously following every mechanic prompt it means the stat clamp is a failure and needs to be removed, so that you're able to queue and complete raids with your 8 accounts again and play this MMO as a solo game... Because THAT's the kind of experience a multi-player game should be catering to.

I thought you were done arguing about the clamp. Yet you to continue passive-aggressively allude to it at every opportunity, even if it has no connection to the topic at hand...
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Boy you are absolutely NO fun. Guy can't even bust balls around here anymore.;) And while those other things are also true, many of the people around here seem to think that 'learning how to play' was a big part of it....as supposedly, lack of learning in old content was the reason we have 'bad' players in EG content. I personally never believed that, but many did....maybe do still. Go back to 2 years ago when the rose colored glasses were firmly in place and have a read.

But thank god none of those things happen anymore. Whew. BTW. Ended up disbanding the alert like 3x so far because Major Force just stops doing things after one of the 'lunge' rounds. Over DPSing him I guess. Hmmm...maybe because we are already running 'no heal' runs in Elite? Yep...'excessive dps' is a bad thing....we'd NEVER demand that...right? I'm sure no one who's been trapped behind by skipped adds when the more experienced and probably more geared players blow past them....are having their experience 'ruined'. I'm sure they will be able to get those 'easy' mechanic feats when no one is following mechanics anymore...you know....when they have been 'abandoned' by most of the playerbase?

BTW. The whole theme of the OP's post is the fact that people won't go into a dopey bubble for fear they'd drop 1/2 a rotation. You know....that 'excessive DPS' stuff? 'Some say'....that's all this game is anymore. DPSUniverseOnline.....'Some' are probably correct too.

And don't worry for me. I can still complete 8 man raids...not all of them for sure, but enough to claim my 8 omni boxes if I want them. But I appreciate your concern, thanks. And I never said clamp was a failure (didn't even say 'clamp' really....you did), or it should be removed. Not sure where you got that from. I actually said that people would learn mechanics in EEG....then CHOOSE to skip them in EG. If anything it was calling the clamp a success....it's just our players are 'bad'....mechanics wise.
    • Like x 4
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Maybe they should. I don't play Elite, but in event and regular, I haven't seen anyone go down to Lazy Blast in a while.
    • Like x 1
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

Why let observable truths get in the way of subjective perceptions? :p
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think they made it so the lazy blast was not a 1 shot in reg as it was at launch. Might depend a bit on your healer of course, but I also hadn't seen a lazy blast death in a long time and in general at least 1/2 the group ignores the lunge. Elite I believe it still 1 shots, but haven't run that in a while.
    • Like x 1
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes, it was changed to no longer be a one shot in reg. Only way to die from it is because of lazy healer or if healer is KO
    • Like x 1
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

My issue with the dome in The Terrorium is that, after all the fixes were done, now when i run the raid fornthe first time each day during the first dome phase, the dome is invisible and i have to rely on watching where the rest of the team goes. Sometimes works out well and sometimes it doesnt lol
    After that first phase, no issues at all. I can run it 10 times without any problem at all. Its just that first phase during the first run.
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Hmm... So what I'm reading is that I need to be a bit lazier about healing, right before Lazy Blast, so folks will remember to pull in close. Got it. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It very much is a one shot in elite
    • Like x 2
  14. Vikaluka Level 30

If it's not oneshot then i dont see reasons to follow the mechanics, unless feat runs of course.
    • Like x 1
  15. inferno Loyal Player

Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. It's not easy to overlook; it's big and prominent....if it's rendering.
  16. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Always expect the worst with randoms, you still get people with enough CR to queue in regular versions rushing in ahead of the tank.

I agree with it making it a one shot as it affects the player individually and not the whole team. On the other hand, surprised that they didn't remove Perpetua's eye beam being a one shot back when that episode was the newest since it affected other players as well.
    • Like x 1
  17. Emoney Dedicated Player

As a superspeed character, it probably isn't an issue at all.

As a flight character, let me tell ya, it's hectic. I jog at half the speed. I've learned to rely on Rockets que for the phase right before it as it was mentioned above, but even then I've ran into issues such as...

The dome not rendering
    Players, pets, or npcs in my way
    Bad luck of being positioned at the opposite side of the dome.

The first two, nothing I can do. The last one, I've learned to try and stay in the middle as much as I can. However, in elite, the breakout mechanic can be quite deadly, so if everyone is bunched up in the middle I try to keep distance, and it's usually in that scenario I find my bad luck of the dome popping up opposite of my position. I've also learned to jog about ten feet, jump and roll in the air to try and make up the distance and land in the dome. Even with that technique though, I can be blocked by other players or their flying pets.

Honestly, imo, there should be about 10 to 15 more seconds added before the blast goes off, so everyone can get to the dome in time. The issue isn't really the mechanic, it's how long we have to get into the dome. I can't count how many times I, or teammates die literally inches away from the dome, and it can be very frustrating.
    • Like x 2
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

10 or 15 is a lot of time and would absolutly trivialize the mechanic of the dome phase. I think even 5 more seconds would be too much.
  19. Emoney Dedicated Player

How is it trivializing it? It would still force players to stop and shield themselves, or they die. But at least it wouldn't penalize players for the points I mentioned....or for those that have 3 to 4 seconds longer reaction time. I've got 12 years experience on a flight character, in fact, ALL 17 of my characters are flight...but even for me I find this quite challenging. Losing one of my lives inches outside the dome isn't fair at all. And infuriating if I'm stunned just as the phase comes up. As flight, I am allowed absolutely no delay in reaction time, any of the things I mentioned above will lead to an unfair death. I would definitely like 10 more seconds, but even 5 would help.
    • Like x 1
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes...but like i said, 10-15 more seconds on top of what we have, is a lot and the risk of dieing from it would be minimal. Because...well...youll have a lot of time to just walk into the dome. And were talking about End Game Elite content. If it were for reg that extra time would be fine (if it was a 1shot in reg too).

Not to mention that during those 10-15seconds the bosses dont take any damage, making the fight longer for no reason.