New to DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mags, May 4, 2023.

1. Mags New Player

Was a 6 year veteran of City of Heroes and am about to play this game for the first time would like some friends to add me for when the game is done downloading because I don't know anything about this game but am very interested in what it has to offer.
    • Like x 4
  2. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Welcome! Have you had a chance to play yet?
    • Like x 2
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Welcome to DCUO!
    • Like x 2
  4. Eve YouTuber

Welcome to DCUO!!!!!! Don't hestiate to ask if you have any questions or need help!
    • Like x 3
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

ha! we got you!! hah ha! no going back now!!! ( gleefully rubs hands ) welcome to DCUO, youngling. . .
    • Like x 2
  7. KidKretz Committed Player

just sit back and enjoy the story and the leveling 1-30.

after that, that's when you want to start learning more because it becomes a whole different game after that :)

cheers n goodluck!!!
    • Like x 3
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes, the abrupt change from leveling to 30 -- which is essentially one long tutorial in getting familiar with the game -- to the larger game is one that many people are entirely thrown by. After you get to 30 you'll really want to find a good, friendly, sane, league so you'll have a relatively steady supply of friends to advise you and do raids and alerts with you.

I'm not present in the game so much these days, for a long list of medical reasons -- plus, frankly, after 11-plus years, I'm more than a bit jaded -- but I'm on the US PC/PS server, with my primary character being "MsTickle Fate" (I'm a guy, to be clear; my character is female). Feel free to send me a mail with your in-game name, and Friend me, and if I have time and physical capacity, I'd be happy to answer a reasonable number of questions and give advice. I love to give advice. :)

Also mention if you have any particular times and/or days you tend to play most regularly.

And using a microphone tends to make conversation much easier than typing, Just please use push-to-talk so everyone doesn't have to listen to you chewing snacks and whatever background noise might be present. ;-)

Hmm, looks like you might not be on US PC/PS, which is also, by the way, far and away where the largest population is, but oh well. There's no cross-play between PC/PS and XBox and Switch, alas.
    • Like x 1
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Welcome to DCUO.

Roll Ryuko is my ingame name (Villain)
    • Like x 3
  10. Mags New Player

Logging on tonight for the first time.
    • Like x 7
  11. Dene Devoted Player

woohoo - I still remember that day.. choosing my first name, powers etc etc lol
    • Like x 4
  12. Random Mind Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hey, Welcome in! I'm a COH vet myself (7yrs). Take your time and enjoy the leveling storyline.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Hey again!

How was your first time experience? I hope you enjoyed it

Are you on the hero side or villain side?
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxystar #Perception

For their own sake I hope it's hero, if not I'd start again on a hero before going too far, or you're destined to join the desert that is the villain side.
    • Like x 6
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I agree, hero population is by far greater. I'm only as successful on the villain side because I'm in such a great league Justice Girls Dark. It's sad the villain side is disadvantaged due to an original view of game play intent versus what the reality of game play is now.
    • Like x 5
  17. Dilios Well-Known Player

Welcome to DCUO, Mags! =]

When I play as my villain, I see the world in purple. =[

I love the unique songs and outfits on the villainous side, but it really is more lonely.
    • Like x 1
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

No regrets, and I'd do it again if I could do it over again!! Bwhahaha!
    • Like x 2
  19. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

0 regrets rather be on the less populated side then have more fail runs on the hero side
    • Like x 1
  20. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Why not do both and experience the whole story? I mean we should be encouraging people to create villains so there is a bigger villain population and not trying to make a bad situation worse. Plus, having a villain on your roster does have its benefits as there is some iconic gear only available for villains, like the Flash boots, unless you want to shell out some bucks on the broker.