EoG changes binned then?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, May 3, 2023.

1. SilkyPawz Bunny

Hello Mepps,

I really do hope you reconsider and take a look at certain feats, as mentioned by several people, and going forward to be more forgiving if you make feats that have a speed feat or kill boss in xx amount of seconds or a DPS burn check, this based on not all powers are balanced even looking at the census and what the top powers are.

There is a lot to consider there really is and I hope when doing the EOG balance that all these factors are taken into consideration.

Proma's Anguish Elite: This feat even when it was relevant wasn't being done without a certain powerset and EOG you can go to youtube and search for the feat, I myself just last week saw a twitch streamer trying to get proma's anguish after 2 hours of trying they were unable to get this feat and that due to no one in the group using EOG at all.

FGSE Omega Beam: This feat when the content was relevant there were several groups that where all Nature and everyone was using EOG otherwise no one was getting this feat, to this day people still struggle for hours trying to get this feat, I know this because I have gone and helped several people get this feat, this feat is a Burn/DPS check.

When you have people that are mostly Gadgets Powerset or Now Ice Might and everyone one of those people have EOG either on their loadout or tac swap it, it's something that really needs to be taken into account.

There are several other feats as mentioned by others, I am just asking to please take the time and look into it before certain changes are made.

Thank you
    • Like x 4
  2. Stranger Well-Known Player

Bro is right about proma feat. Its not possible without eog stack. *mic drop*
    • Like x 4
  3. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I just wanted to say: I keep seeing this topic and every single time, my brain reads the title as "EoG changes binned when?" :oops:
    • Like x 2
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Everyone's acting like people actually do feats these days. I'm here to tell you with stats revamp people don't do feats anymore. if you understand how heavy the stats revamp clamp is you wouldn't even touch a feats or die trying. if you're doing a feat just to feel the success of completing your feet then that's a different story. but if you're doing feats to gain stats you can totally forget about that with stats revamp. cuz 980 skill points -70% revamp clamp is actually 294 skill points. Who cares about what feats you won't be able to get without EOG your base stats are all clamped 70% with this revamp
    • Like x 1
  5. Miserable Dedicated Player

Yeah, it's definitely a min/max of many factors, and it's hard to precisely quantify the contribution of each of those factors.

There's no doubt EOG provides a significant boost to a group's damage, more so the more DPS's you have using it. And it can certainly be a difference maker in those burn check feats. But so many things can be a difference maker. Being elec/gadgets over more mid powers, having 200 arts, using DKS/Pstone, having the best/maxed allies, etc. You need more or less all of those things in combination to give yourself the best shot.

I'd be curious to see what the limit is for what certain groups could accomplish as we start un-min/maxing their setups. Without EOG? Without elec/gadgets? Without DKS? Without a buff troll swapping 9 arts? I have no doubt that the best groups could have replicated many of their accomplishments without certain things, like EOG. They just would have had to put in that much more effort, been that much more perfect, maybe get a little more creative. But there would definitely be a limit to how much you could take away.

I wonder what the concern for these feats would look like in the hypothetical world where EOG didn't exist but the feats were scaled exactly as they are now. I kind of feel that the concern is sparked more by the change of going from EOG to no EOG than it is by the absence of EOG itself, if that makes sense. Not that there is no cause for concern based on the latter, and if the concern is valid, they should adjust those feats.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not saying you are wrong, but I think the 'gotta have them all' mentality is well ingrained in this game....benefit or not. Whether is makes a noticeable difference +/- 100 SP once you are past say...400 or 500...it doesn't matter for many.

Then of course there are the pencil measuring contests, "Oh...you got 790 SP? That's cute....I got 790.25....scrub" So OBVIOUSLY, you need to get that last .25 of an SP by relentlessly trying and re-trying some feat. A-Dur.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Someone is salty…

I still do feats. I still try to get more stats. Why? Because nothing has changed in EG.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I believe if the EOG never existed...or existed in it's 'post change' form, we'd have seen some of the most difficult feats having gotten a review when they were current...assuming they would have been unattainable potentially...at least for the great majority of groups that DID have EOG spamming to help get them done.

Unfortunately as many of these are now behind us, they will likely never get a look. They are pretty good about making adjustments where warranted in 'current' content, but not so much in the rear-view...save sweeping adjustments like a power getting a buff, or arti, or (as in the EEG stuff) everyone getting a blanket change.

It will be interesting to see how it goes at any rate.
    • Like x 2
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

People do feats all the time. Are you playing the same game as everyone else?
    • Like x 2
  10. Mr.W Committed Player

Again friend, I'm not saying certain feats shouldn't be challenging but what I'm saying & as Proxy beautifully illustrated is there are feats in the game that practically impossible without the current functionality of the EOG.

Proxy, myself, & others, are simply saying to sift through the feats & make sure they are still attainable after the changes.
    • Like x 2
  11. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Don't call me friend, stranger. I hear what you're saying, but you're all overreacting. The only feat that is probably impossible without EoG is Proma's Anguish Elite. And it likely won't be by the next DLC.

If you guys spent as much time as you do worrying about trivial things and writing documentaries on your feelings about them... and used that time PLAYING THE GAME... you would probably have them all already.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  13. Mr.W Committed Player

1st time I've heard someone feeling insulted being called friend lol.

Well fellow dc hero/villain lol there are a few feats that should be looked at. It's not overreacting in saying sift through the difficult feats to make sure they are still feasible/attainable after the changes are made. This also saves the dev team time by not having to go back for outliners, saves complaints/threads, & gives more time on the back end for additional content to be created.

You're reacting like proxy, myself, & others are saying don't change anything on EOG b/c reasons which is completely opposite of our request lol

I do wish you a wonderful day fellow dcuo player :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm neither your comrade or associate in the department of suck. Don't call me fellow either.

The 50 members of this little team have better things to do than spend weeks "sifting" through every piece of content to minimize your anxiety about "what might be". Grow some balls. Let them know if something is completely out of wack. This hasn't even been implemented yet.
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

Awww, you're so emotional friend lol. Your response shows you're a troll with no added value to your statements. But, you're so emotional making assumptions based off your own overreactions while trying to point that hypocritical finger at others. I'm not a bad player by any strectch but what I'm saying is the truth. The the dev team should review the feats that were (unattainable or unfeasible) without EOG current functionality. The keywords here is (unattainable or unfeasible), not every feat in the game.

It is completely backwards & unproductive for any company to make a change before seeing the majority of impacts both good & bad then wait for the headache of several complaints before correcting something that could've been done at the start.

Seeing my conversation with you is fruitless, I will agree to disagree & neglect to reply any further with you here.

I do wish you a wonderful day though friend :)
    • Like x 2
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Look... Mr. L. If you want to sit here and talk about my feelings... I'm currently bleeding between both my butt cheeks. The chafe is real. Some of us have bigger things to worry about than some silly feat that may or may not be possible until the next DLC. Run along now and stop bothering the authorities with your "issues". Don't forget to "git gud" on your way out.
    • Like x 1
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

we got that feat with out EOG took a few tries but its more about separating her properly than players relying on EOG
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They have to rebalance EoG before rebalancing supercharges otherwise supercharges would be rebalanced around a broken artifact.
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This is great for easy content ideas when EoG changes happen to show the complainers
    • omega level pardon check
    • promo's anguish check
    [IMG]

I hope players realize damage checks existed before EoG was a thing :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  20. zNot Loyal Player

I feel like its just a last ditch attempt to overcomplicate the EoG nerf and try to prevent or delay it further and to confuse the devs.