2023 Name Reclaim

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, May 5, 2023.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Is the date still next Thursday May 23rd?

I took the day off work to try and get a few names! I really hope the date is still the 11th.

Will the name reclaim happen when the servers pop up In that date?
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

May 23rd???? I thought it was May 11??
  3. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

You are correct. My phone got me. I meant 11th
    • Like x 1
  4. Random Mind Dedicated Player

What names are you going for, so I know which ones to take? Just kidding.... Best of luck to any and all trying to get the names that have long evaded them but I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of broken hearts next Thursday. It kinda feels like a Name Time Capsule, you are hoping for the Exotic reward, aka... the name you want , but instead you have to settle for the Common reward, aka... the name you already have.
    • Like x 2
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It happens. ;)

Skynet is taking over. That was it's first move. ;)
    • Like x 2
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I can't wait. I really have my heart set on "xXx11BatmanOG11xXx"....
    • Like x 3
  7. DezFTW Active Player

Do we have to purchase anything?
  8. Dene Devoted Player

Name change token - if you want to change a character's name or you can create toons as you go along - that will not cost
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Too late. I already have that name.

You will have to settle for "xXx11BatmanOG11xXx2". ;) ;)
    • Like x 3
  10. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Just for the record!

My mains toon name is xBATMANx

So I’m as OG of a Batman toon you can get :)

Also, thank you for the effort you put in your YouTube videos. I am a follower on YouTube and appreciate the info. Thanks Again
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Pretty much as close to Batman as you can get in DCUO.
    Congrats. :)

You're welcome. Thanks for your support. :)
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I wonder how many 'prohibited' names that are out there (as in prohibited BUT were scooped up before they were added to the list) will vanish completely as they get pulled off dead toons and then can't be snagged by someone now.

Good luck to anyone who took the day off though. Hope you can get 1 you are trying for at least before the hoarders get them all.
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Lots of names with Avengers.... Marvel... Spawn will be gone after this. :(

Although last time we got a name reclaim it was much easier to get a good name.... at least for a while. ;)
    So even if we don't get the names we want... we might still be able to get a good name.

Heck when you want names like.... El Chupacabra. and the character with that name is level 4 with 6 SP..... I get it if some people find that a bit frustrating. ;)

Hopefully people will get the name that they want?? We shall see. ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope you're able to get "El Chupacabra." ;)
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I was just using that name as an example.
    I already have the name El Chupacabra. ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Except perhaps for names using characters that don't display above the toon's head, like '¬Batman¬'.
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Hmmm... The original unoriginal - that's quite the feat of irony. :)
  18. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

TBH, I'm mostly just hoping they give out some free name respec tokens so I can hold onto them and see if I can get a better name for one of my toons that's been bugging me (in this case nothing to do with a name being taken, just the filter being a PITA for a reason that still confuses me, resulting in a very mangled name that was all I could get to go through). I think of my characters' names more like their "usernames" and not necessarily their actual "canon" names except for the couple I got lucky on like Atomikit. So I've never really cared that much about an "imperfect" or not "clean" name as long as it's roughly close enough, makes sense if I tell you what it means, and is available. Having to turn Guardian Angel into GAng3l, though..... that one bugs me. IDK if it's because of the DC character Guardian, but that would be weird considering the other names I have and the fact I've seen several characters with that word in their names, so I'm not really sure. I wish they'd publicise some kind of list of blocked words to help us figure out what's causing a name to be "invalid" instead of trying a million things. It can be quite confusing sometimes.....
    • Like x 1
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

As I found out with "Amethyst" and "Obsidian." The name "Amethyst Obsidian" is invalid. As is any name that has either of those as separate words, like "Amethyst Sparkle" or "Captain Obsidian". However, "AmethystObsidian" (note the lack of a space) is fine.

As a separate word, invalid. As part of another word, valid.
    • Like x 1
  20. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Wow, that's very bizarre o_O

I tried the same sorta stuff and various shortenings/misspellings/shorthands but GAng3l was the only one to work for some strange reason. Sounds like a terrible FNAF OC! :p
    • Like x 1