Wonderverse Catalysts and why aren't they account bound?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, May 3, 2023.

1. BƖack Dedicated Player

On my main i am working to upgrade ''Shattered Wise Helm'' for 50 point feat. I had around 500 source marks on my alt so i converted them into Empyrean Aether currency to purchase one of these items: Diluted Stygian Water, Concenrated Stygian Water and Potent Stygian Water, which the last one cost 975 Empyrean Aether's.

I bought the one for 975 Empyrean Aether's and it turned that it is not account bound. Why? I don't understand why these items aren't account bound? This is stupid really.
  2. BƖack Dedicated Player

Can u make these items account bound? @Devs
  3. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Unfortunately most old episode catalysts are like that. BOP, Wonderverse,Chaos Gotham, Metal PI and P2. I would love to see that changed for all episodes, make them tradeable, and make the older content catalysts Purchasable!
    • Like x 1
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, "Cannot Trade" drives me crazy sometimes. IMHO, everything that's "cannot trade" should be changed to at least account bound except for some obvious special stuff.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Good luck with the request, but the same question could be posed to you. Why? Why would you spend 500SM on an item that doesn't say 'account bound' or worse says 'cannot trade'?

I personally agree, they should be account bound, as the more recent components are, but many other OP cats are not account bound and some others are fully tradeable, so we've obviously seen they can go any which way. Why not just spend a second looking at the item before purchase?
    • Like x 3
  6. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I made the mistake of not reading the BOP Ivy pheromone before buying it on an alt, because I assumed it was like recent episodes. THANKFULLY, it was the 50 SM one lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah. I'm not saying I've never done it, although maybe not with OP parts...or fat fingered buying something 2x I couldn't use (I'm looking at you 2nd Cyborg ally).

Heck, just this last Anniversary event I was buying items for eventual sale and bought 2 or 3 of a conduit back or something before realizing they were 'cannot trade'.
  8. BƖack Dedicated Player

You answered that question yourself.

Because there is no info... it just says ''cannot trade'' which means u cannot trade it to other players. It doesn't says anything about account bound, there is no any info. There should be info something like ''cannot be account bound''
  9. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

The info is consistent accross all the in game items.

Cannot Trade has always meant you can't move it period. No shared bank, no broker, no mailing, no trading.

Account Bound means no broker, no mail and no trading but you can move it via the shared bank accross your toons.

The absence of these designations usually means you can do any of the above movements with it.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Cannot trade means it cannot be given/traded to anyone....account or otherwise. Sold to a vendor maybe, unless it says 'cannot sell'. Opened gear is 'cannot trade'...also doesn't say 'account bound'....can you put that in the shared bank? Would you buy yellow vendor gear on an alt an expect to share it with your main? I suppose the wording could be better like 'Cannot trade, even to yourself via the shared bank', but that seems a bit wordy.;)

And I'm not trying to be insulting. I get the confusion, but 'cannot trade' means the toon you buy it on or get the drop for, is the toon that is stuck with it. This is true across the board if not since the beginning of the game, for a looooong time now.

Here's an alternative that might work. Assuming the alt has the final catalysts, the rest of the components are relatively cheap and can be picked up off the broker, why not just pop the feat on the alt that already has the cats? The helm is easy enough to get free by knocking out Athena, rather than wasting the 500 source marks you spent already or spending another 500 on your main. even if you did a few levels on your main, the bulk of the components are consumed at level 30, so you should have them (gen seeds and sparks) or needed to get them anyway. And those CAN be traded. Even if you really wanted the style for your main, if you pop the feat on your 2nd toon, purchase it on your main, then the catalysts would at least be 1/2 price to 're-buy'.
  11. BƖack Dedicated Player

In my opinion items should be better described than now, a specific info, believe me or not it really mislead people.

I couldn't figure it out that if it doesn't say ''account bound'' and it says ''cannot trade'' means you cannot trade it ''at all'' - even put it into shared bank. How could i know that? Once again specific infor described in the item is missing.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's not missing...you just misunderstood what is there. It happens. And yes, I'd guess if someone were new they might make the same mistake....once. Again, have you ever purchased a piece of yellow vendor gear on an alt to give to your main? It also says 'cannot trade'. I'd guess you have not done this because you know you cannot give that item to your main.

'Cannot trade' means cannot trade...to anyone. It's the most restrictive description next to 'cannot trade, cannot sell' which means you also cannot sell for cash to a vendor.

COULD they make a longer description like 'cannot trade AT ALL...including your shared bank', sure....but why? The operative term is there already 'cannot trade'. Should they also make 'Account bound' now 'Account bound to toons on only YOUR account via the shared bank'....because everyone DOES have accounts....so someone might think they could trade it to someone else to use on their account....right? Doesn't say 'cannot trade' so we must be able to trade it... right?

Maybe they will make them account bound. There is merit in thinking they might, but I doubt they will change the description...it's fine the way it is.
    • Like x 1
  13. BƖack Dedicated Player

I just thought that if the OP items from the previous episode ''The Sins of Black Adam'' which is: Faustian Bargain, Votive Offering, Isis Eternal Penitence, are tradable i mean you can put them in shared bank this applies to all OP items in the game.

I didn't even really read the describtion buying Potent Stygian Water, simply think that if there's nothing about account bound u can put it into shared bank and just bought it.
    • Like x 1
  14. Korlick Loyal Player

And thats on you. The info is there, if you dont read, whos fauly is it?
    Dont get me wrong...i feel you, been there too. Happened to me a few times while buying seasonal stuff. Bought thing without checking if it was tradeable or not. My bad.
    • Like x 2
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

What they could do is make it to need a confirmation when buying things that are not tradeable. Like what they did with secondary role gear.
    People where buying without reading the description and cried about their own mistake so the Devs added the confirmation warning.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Understood...and I get it. I've done similar mistakes, but they are my mistakes. The words to indicate what the restrictions are (or lack of restriction in the case of Votives), work fine...but yes, must be read to work.

I'd guess even if it said 'cannot trade - even via the shared bank to yourself'....if you didn't read it...same outcome. Sucks to be out the marks via a mistake, but past lobbying to have the older OP stuff changed to account bound (which is a good request), it's on you. Hopefully it's a rough, but effective, lesson.

Good luck with the request to make them account bound. Maybe it will work out.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I kind of wish they would add a 'no confirmations' option in the settings....set off by default for new players...but able to be turned on for vets. Yes, I want to open that box I opened...yes I want to salvage/donate that piece I selected...yes...even it if's modded...yes I want to buy that thing I clicked 'buy' on. I get some people want the extra security of a 'are you sure' prompt, but for the most part it's just another thing where we hit yes another button in an already button mashy game. It makes sense in the MP, where real world money is at stake by a mis-click, but in game....let us opt out. When I goof up and get the wrong thing...welp...that's on me.
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

I mean…STOP signs only work some of the time…amiright?
    • Like x 2