Why am i being downbalanced everywhere i go?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jayk0b, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I'll say it again, the issue isn't the clamp, it's the imbalanced outliers in dated content that remain perpetually unfixed despite being raised.

I doubt anyone would even complain about the clamp if feats were made more reasonable when they dropped in to clamped content and were properly considered under the context of the system rather than it just being "assumed" they're still reasonable obtainable while just entirely changing the rules of play.
    • Like x 4
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Problem is, there haven't been many (if any that I can remember) threads defining and identifying those outliers. When it comes to threads about disliking the clamp, it's always tended to be the same old song and dance of generalized complaints and dissatisfaction.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dene Devoted Player

There was/is one or two but most would prefer to create/add to threads like this that will achieve nothing :(

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...al-stat-clamp-omnibus-outliers-thread.324505/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-quest-in-search-of-an-outlier-videos.324501/
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I think this whole post is BS and this is a created account.
    this has been in game for a long time now and they just now notice it

SURE!

yea I don't buy it
    • Like x 2
  5. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

The game is less fun now because of the clamp--the OP knows it, I know it, every honest player knows it. A major incentive of leveling up used to be the ability to run earlier content in a kind of 'God Mode.' It was a blast to go back into that content that was once challenging and gauge your progression. But, the pro-clampers can't have any fun unless they know others aren't. Its kinda sick, really, but here we are.
    • Like x 8
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

last i checked games were fun because you chose to play them..

huh guess I was mistaken.

there is not a pro clamp crowd
    there is a playerbase that understands why its there and adapts to the game they are given

and then there is a playerbase that say they want a lot of things
    that are forever changing arguments on why they think this games designers and every single others games designers are wrong

because here's the kicker.
    with out any game design work, or actual knowledge of how theses systems work or why they are there
    or
    simply not caring about anyone but them selves..

Think they know better than everyone else, even when those reasons are given by the game creators and have been give many times

* no im not saing im a game creator for DC for any idiot response that could follow on that line of thought*
    • Like x 3
  7. Lost Connection Active Player

Once everyone relieves themselves of the mentality that CR is the end all be all form of "progression" beyond what it really is....I think the clamp would be more accepted. There really isn't a need to remove the clamp, beyond what can be identified as some self gratification to be able to one shot and blow through things while leaving their friends in awe, with them saying "I want to be just like you", leaving that player carried to end game levels not knowing a single thing of how certain mechanics work.

There are specific examples of this occurring that has affected the carried as much as non-carried endgame players when running end game content. That is why the clamp exists.
    • Like x 3
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

lol... It's hilariously naive to think that players, who enjoy the clamped content and understand the need for such measures are responsible for implementing and maintaining the clamp. The devs took your god mode away, take it up with them. Except - of course - they won't even discuss it with you, so you lash out at fellow players instead. Grow up.

And the whole "gauging your progression" point is obvious BS. Once you one-shot the bosses, there is no more "progression".
  9. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If it’s just the sense of being powerful even if you don’t get anything in return, you could just go obliterate things in Gotham and metropolis. Lots of things to kill and feel OP
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So you only play EG and you choose to not get gear or SP anymore because you feel it loses value in an area you don’t play. So I’m the areas you do play you are choosing to not get stronger because you don’t feel stronger in content you choose to not play.

Umm.. ok. Makes perfect sense
    • Like x 2
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

The thing what makes a challenge fun... is overcoming the challenge... (and being made stronger for it)

I don't need the relative same challenge over and over again... to be made weaker than I would be naturally.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Don’t think you actually get the point lol. So pretty ironic you used that image. But then again, that’s really all you do.

You first like “the thing that makes a challenge fun is overcoming the challenge”.
    You aren’t trying to overcome the challenge. You want to be able to wait a few dlcs until there is no challenge. So as a result the “(and being made stronger for it)” line than becomes mute because you didn’t actually overcome any challenge.

And then you next line “I don't need the relative same challenge over and over again... to be made weaker than I would be naturally” is also not true either which has already been proven time and time over. Deny it all you want but content is never harder than when it was relevant (IE actually natural). You could however overcome said challenges and improve.

And if you just want to mindlessly kill things and still feel OP then there are still zones you can do that in.
    • Like x 1
  14. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Blowing through things while leaving your friends in awe has been and always will be the hallmark of any successful mmorpg. Story-wise, since this is a Super Hero MMO, it makes even less sense to not have that ability here.
  15. Lost Connection Active Player

No, not really. Any successful mmorpg has a mechanic element that isn't supposed to be negated by simply blowing through it without any sense of understanding how the mechanics work...or simply bypassing them by blowing through it. Further, story canon has always provided that heros and villians have limitations.
    • Like x 1
  16. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Without the clamp that only worked if your friends were easily impressed morons. Now you can still blow through things if you have the skills and it actually can be impressive.

It's an MMO where you fight superpowered opponents. Story-wise it would make no sense if a super villain wiped the floor with you over and over in EG, then died from a single tap if you fought him in an earlier episode. You're really struggling to make arguments.
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yep, like my favourite... gorillas on the beach outside Little Bohemia PD, with an end-game level character. Now, it's not really exciting, but it sure is relaxing. And they say the dumbest things. :p
    • Like x 2
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

[IMG]

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiE-Zqn1tT-AhXml2oFHfA2BD0QFnoECAwQAQ&url=https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/gamification-work-8-player-types-dominique-mangiatordi-&usg=AOvVaw3wxLqFH8YnKIe_dCd4VgPg

https://www.interaction-design.org/literature/article/bartle-s-player-types-for-gamification

Here are the 8 different player types of gamers along with the supporting links. Game designers take into account the psychologies of the different player types when developing a game especially an MMO where there are a whole universe of different personality types who interact with each other. I tend to fall into the A1 category and some of the S.
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

What do you mean? I just recently bumped mine...

Unofficial Stat Clamp/Omnibus "Outliers" Thread

-----
    Btw off-topic, but why do people keep saying "the point is mute" instead of "moot" in all these threads lately? Then in same post mentioning that people need to proofread (Edit: I believe that's the other thread oops) Just funny XD
    • Like x 2
  20. Tolly Committed Player

The smartest thing to do would have been to have all instances at a fixed endgame level, as well as the stuff as Elder Scrolls Online does and not to regress a constantly evolving HL player, it's the worst possible choice, despite the fact that it's based on a good principle.

It would have been a less insulting method to the HL player.