Starfield Window Quark Pricing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Achikah, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Achikah All About That Base

So the day has finally arrived that a ton of us decorators has been waiting for- The Dark Multiverse Time Capsule has finally hit the Quark vendor. This means we can finally purchase Starfield Windows rather than the hassle of creating characters to unlock them with replays or, for us with maxed character slots, be at the mercy of buying them usually overpriced on the broker. However, upon viewing them in the vendor, it seems like both options are still more viable financially...

Currently, the Starfield Windows (as well as the Dark Night Covers from the Dark Knights Capsule open) are 225 Quarks without the opening feat, 202 with the discount. There's a reason this is somewhat egregious because A.) other 'Open X capsules to get Y' items are priced around 100 in the Time and Space vendor: The BOP Orbital/Hologram Device/Big Bubble Gum, etc.and B.) Rather than just needing one of said item, a decorator needs MULTPILE Starfields. Some decorators can use 20 of these items easily in one base, sometime upwards to 50 in others. And, again, that's just one base when most of us are decorating multiple.

So, in light of this, is there anyway we could get a Quark reduction cost to both the Starfield Windows and the Dark Night Covers?
    • Like x 11
  2. Limey Committed Player

That's what quark discount events are for. :)
  3. beardrive Committed Player

Hi Achikah! Loved the post!

However I disagree with you. I'd like for them to remove the Starfield window from the vendor all together. Just remove it. I don't think anyone's going to fix this mess. Remove it permanently, and never put it back in there again please. Once people realize what has happened after they've bought a number of them, they will feel ripped off and leave the game. We don't want that to happen. There are few enough base designers as there are.

Thanks!
  4. Achikah All About That Base

Hey, if they wanna make them stack to 999, I have absolutely no problem waiting and buying in bulk. ;)

Still though, doesn't change the fact though that other items that take TCs to open and Replays to re-unlock are 100+ Quarks less though, especially ones a sole toon only needs one of. Fixing the price for that discrepancy would be nice.

No problem with disagreements, though I feel that's a pretty big hypothetical situation (and a biiiit outlandish with the proposal, haha!) to an issue that'd save not only other decorators, but the same ones who bought in bulk already, in the long run. If a person already bought so many, they're clearly a fairly avid decorator so they'll likely come back again when they need more for another base. When they do they'll get to take advantage of the discount.

The sooner the price is lower, if at all, the less others will waste.
    • Like x 5
  5. Eve YouTuber

I truly hope the price can be reduced and be more fair. I don't even have the character slots to go and get 23423432423 of those, and I am not going to put quarks into it cause there are stuff I need still from capsules. If we can find a fair middle ground with the Devs on the prices - as they know we need a lot of those to perfectly decorate our bases, I am all for it
    • Like x 3
  6. myandria Item Storage

I agree. Most players should have at least one of the starfield windows by now. The Dark Multiverse time capsule was highly coveted because of the Black and White Neon Chroma alone; I am sure many players opened more that 15 just to have a chance to get it. The Starfield Window should be between 50-100 quarks and it should be moved to the Space and Time vendor in my opinion.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have discussed and will drop the cost to 100.
    • Like x 17
  8. Achikah All About That Base

Eeee, thank you so much!!! You just made a whole lot of crafters super happy. =D Cheers to you and the team!
    • Like x 6
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding
    • Like x 3
  10. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Your The Best :)
    • Like x 2
  11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Very thoughtful to bring it up to the team. Thanks boss
    • Like x 4
  12. Jcal Dedicated Player

Cheers to this thread!!! You fought the good fight for us and prevailed.
    • Like x 5
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I spent most of the day before yesterday shouting in Trade that I wanted to sell a Black & White Neon Chroma and after hours I got only two offers: one for $300 million (there's a single one for sale in the broker at $999 million) and one offering to trade four items that added up to being available on the broker for $30 million.

Maybe it was a fluky day, and of course many folks, if not most, pay no attention to the Trade chat, but that Chroma sure didn't seem to be "highly coveted."

(Anyone who wants to buy the one I have for sale can send me a mail in-game, or a tell when I'm online (which is generally brief these days because I have a ton of different medical issues, including a repetitive stress injury running up and down my entire right arm and shoulder, severely limiting the time I can spend online; I'm having to skip almost all raids/alerts and even duos because of this); I'd like to get $900 million in cash, minimum, preferably; is that out of line for this "highly coveted" item? I'm relatively cash-poor myself in-game these days, with only around $600 million. I hope it's not gauche to ask this here, given that the trade forum was disappeared quite some time back.)

I do love those Starfield Windows, though.
    • Like x 1
  14. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Little known trick here, make an alt, buy the feat and it gets mailed to you for free! rinse and repeat ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. Achikah All About That Base

Can never hurt to ask =D

All 32 character slots are occupied on the US, can't make an alt unfortunately. I did recently make 30 characters on the EU for just this and the tedium was immense. x-x' This method is very much preferred, for me at least, especially when you're in a decorating mood. And Replays technically aren't free either, just a different MP currency ;)
    • Like x 5
  16. beardrive Committed Player

Well, you got what you wanted Achika! I'm happy for you!

Unfortunately it wasn't removed and the entire staff fired and deported to Syria for it like I wanted, but at least you got what you wanted. Hehehe:)
  17. Eve YouTuber

Um...
    • Like x 1
  18. Eve YouTuber

Awesome, thank you Mepps :D
    • Like x 2
  19. myandria Item Storage

True; this is why I used the word "was" instead of "is" to try to point out that they were popular in the past; I should have used the word "were" instead, so my bad on grammar. I think that 300 million is still pricey for a chroma; in my opinion, when they come down to the magical price of under 20 million, then I will consider them "not popular" (I know, not gonna happen soon, if ever). Since they cost over 5000 quarks for each, I think players may return to the broker and start pricing them back to the near-billion level that they were before.
    • Like x 1
  20. myandria Item Storage

Thank you Mepps and Dev Team! :D
    • Like x 2