Fixed Ps5 Shock to the System, Disconnections.

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by jpharrah1010, Apr 21, 2023.

1. arcfussion Well-Known Player

It seems this isn't just a PS5 issue, as I crash almost anywhere in Dakota City just moving around on my PS4. It happens at least 3 or 4 times during my daily progression. Usually It's just the normal dc but It's occasionally a full on system crash. Arcfussion PS4 US server cr 405 Quantum
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I got dc'd again on the Fearsome five.
    PS 5
    Error Code CE--108255-1
  3. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

3 times in a row, PS5, doing the shock bounties, was I disconnected. No error codes. Just closes out the game and then get the Playstation report and accept message. This isnt the first time also. Happens often just doing the bounties. Please fix. Quite aggravating even if it does only take 2 minutes to log back in. We lose progress on the rewards and the counter for the feats. Not cool. Thanks

Edit: yes I'm pretty sure you're also aware. But its happening. And I'm just letting ya know. In my own thread
    • Like x 1
  4. MattaFact Active Player

Two bounties (Burger Fool and Big Bang Memorial Park), two disconnects, two no rewards, and too much problems..

Still an issue hotfix or not.. waste of time if we're missing out on rewards if it's not fixed.
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Has this been fixed on live yet? I’m eager to turn up my effects again since it’s not so much fun to play with out effects. I noticed you guys stopped having all 5 come out at once during the big boss fight open world now three come out and then one takes the place of another as they die.

Was this the fix?
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Just crashed 5 times in a row trying to do bounties. Accept and report submitted each time. This is much worse than it was on release, which would crash maybe once every 5 bounties. Now it's 100% crash every bounty attempt.
  7. mynch457 Well-Known Player

When is the patch coming for the disconnects? It's starting to happen more amd more. The last one I had was near the end if the fight, and I list out on the currency.
  8. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I was able to avoid the game crashing on PS5 is a full phase by doing the following:
    1) Turn off all titles on other players (leagues and titles)
    2) Turn down all effects and distance fading
    3) Disable 60 fps

I went through 3-4 bounties on all 3 of my characters and no crashes so far. Will keep trying these settings to see if it solves the crashes.

I did get a disconnect in a full phase, but it was just random and not during a bounty fight.
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

only issue I still get is being disconnected from the five bounty

only way I can prevent it happening every single time is to target one and turn my screen away so I'm not looking at them
  10. RTX Well-Known Player

That´s due to the reason that this error is caused by an "overloaded" GPU, when not facing them you will render less, which results in less GPU usage.

If you google a while, you will find out that the error is not DCUO specific and appiers to happen in many other games.

However as i´ve mentioned multiple times already, they will have to shrink the phase size, so that not so many people can be at the same spot in the same time, the GPU has to render/process less.

Also the truth behind this happening on PS5 mostly, is cause of the chip shortage we had last years. They even installed "bad" chips into the PS5. Therefore some chips heating up much faster than others, leading to some people getting this error code. Which is nothing else as heat protection to not break the chip, you obviously won´t find Sony admitting it, it´s insider knowledge.

You should check PS5 guarantee and ship the console to them, fixing/exchanging it.
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

they would just replace it with a new model and they have the smaller heat sync's
    • Like x 1
  12. RTX Well-Known Player

It is like it is^^ PS never been something else as a OS locked PC with laptop cooling. People like it cause of the games which been published for it in past, these days its garbage.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This has not yet been fixed. This requires a client hotfix/game update, which are in progress.
    • Like x 2
  14. mynch457 Well-Known Player

6 times today on the same character Mepps. 6 times that I've missed loot. Is there any kind if timeline for when the hotfix will be deployed?
  15. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I hope the Devs realize that this isn't just a Fearsome Five bounty issue, this issue happening with all the bounties in Dakota City. So while the Fearsome Five bounty may have been the worst, the staggering of the Fearsome Five bosses doesn't help the crashes during the other bounties. BTW, just DCed on Doctor Light/ Gizmo bounty (PS5/ USPC/PS server).
  16. MrK Active Player

It's not just ps5, alot pc players Experience lagg issues, disconects.
  17. Shionne New Player

Hey Guys :)
    I didnt read the entire thread, so mb if this is already known. To fix my leagues disconnecting problems i recommended them to lower the effects quality in settings to the minimum. Worked for all so far, hope it helps you guys too :D
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I didn’t see this in the update …. Is this fixed? Is that was psn performance is ?

I’d really like to turn on my graphics again the game is kinda boring with out the visual

19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Anyone get bounced at the bosses yet ?
    • Like x 1
  20. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yep at f5 just now