Listen, I like Shadow too but-

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

Could we please cool it down on the Shadow minions already? They've been in JLD, DK, LoS, and seeing them again in this DLC almost made me go insane even though they're because of Ebon
    • Like x 6
  2. Limey Committed Player

Would you feel better if Ebon summoned the Falcones or generic Police Officers?

Lore > Personal opinion
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or....
    Ease of re using already programmed assets > Lore
    • Like x 5
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Actually, if they could make a shadow elemental, using the water elemental model, but shadow textures and auras, that'd be pretty cool...
    • Like x 2
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

Fair enough. Ultraviolet Lanterns it is, then :p.
    • Like x 2
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

ugh i hate them the most
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

perhaps they are testing out powers to eventually give a shadow based power set. I think they did that with water first it was introduced in adds and bosses then later made into a power. Ebon gives them a good starting place.

I'm not holding my breath tho
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

Oh wow I just talked about it in my stream today, looks like I'm not the only one thinking that
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, it feels like the adds in this game have become a shadow of their former selves.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

And when they're stale, let's put Parademons in everything... oh wait.
    • Like x 2
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

At least they're not a ghastly purple... yet...

I should send a pitch in to DC where The Dark Knights and Apokolips are all impressed into the Ultraviolet Lantern Corps (under the new leadership of The Batman Who Laughs, of course), and then they all fall into a shadow dimension and come back. If it ever got published, the tie-in DLC would be the most god-awful hated thing ever. But at least there could be a Batman-inspired gear set based on his look in the run.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

There's still time for shadow parademons :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

Tbf I liked that we got Tamaranian NPCs for Homecoming event....until they got the Themyscira treatment.
  14. Raven Roth Committed Player

Ebon and the Shadow Golem back in JLD quite literally use cursed Celestial powers so maybe you shouldn't hold it
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Ultraviolet Lantern Parademons, too. :p
    • Like x 2