Lanterns finally getting a skin deserve way better

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jaelia, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Jaelia Committed Player

The stream was awesome thank you developers but really? Lanterns been asking for a skin for years and we get a green color block blob flat skin, I mean to some it maybe be creative for going for a alien green lantern but I feel like it should’ve had more of like the green hue color effect it gives Hal Jordan on a natural skin color you can choose with our own color palette.

It’s basically glowing skin toned down.

That’s goes for furious and sinister as well, hopeful to see an impassioned one in the future. Not as a blob

Example of how it should’ve looked : [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  2. Limey Committed Player

Resurgence powerset related things are all standardized across all powerset.

Christmas and Valentines are the specific holiday events that cater to Lantern-specific stuff.
    • Like x 1
  3. myandria Item Storage

That would be nice; however, I am sure that WB/DC is holding that one tight against their chest. Otherwise, I think we would have gotten the soft lantern auras first.
    • Like x 1
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Warner Bros don't play with their IP wouldn't even let this kid have a tombstone on his grave and with the Superman emblem on it
    • Like x 1
  5. Jcal Dedicated Player

Someday that kind of skin will be a TC ultra rare or a Booster Bundle ultra rare. Just the three human skins with the edge glow. Gotta keep asking for it until then.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jaelia Committed Player

I understand emblems are a different story but we do have glowing chroma which gives out clothing style items a hue, why couldn’t they work with that and skin?
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Unfortunately a lot of these things aren't exact to keep us from making exact recreations: the Sinestro chest, color channels for parts of the Shazam chest, ETC.
    • Like x 2
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Wasn't it Disney that stopped parents from having Spider-man on their son's tombstone??

https://insidethemagic.net/2019/07/spider-man-grave-stone-removed/
    [IMG]

EDIT; There was also a similar event wirh Warner DC.... they said no at first..... but they did allow it in the end.
    https://www.techdirt.com/2014/07/09...adstone-young-child-who-was-starved-to-death/
  9. Tolly Committed Player

Can't wait for the DC Universe or Marvel to be independent!!!
  10. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Holy....

That's messed up.
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

• Like x 1
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Update: And… as is often the case following public shamings, DC has now relented and will allow the use of the logo.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes... they did allow it in the end as I mentioned.

But Disney did not. Public shaming had no effect on Disney. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Sure Walt DIsney was a anti-Semite and racist.
    Had to take Aunt Jamima off the box
    Took Uncle Ben Off the box
    Even took Micheal Felps off the cereal Box for a Doobie and almost had his Gold Metals he earned stripped.
    But somehow Colonal Sanders (which is the biggest socially accepted dogwhistle), And Walt Disney are just overlooked?
    (Lord how did i get there)
    LOOK GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3!!! Lets go see it forget we ever spoke of this...
    [IMG]
    (Yes, i genuinely wanna see more Floor, Teefs, Lylla, and Rocket)
  15. Limey Committed Player

As in.. not owned by another corporate entity? I hate to break it to you but they started that way, they were bought/acquired. It would take a massively rich investor/holding company to give Marvel or DC any sort of freedom from their current owners.

Please tell me this is some form of irony/sarcasm, and you do understand the difference between individual characters/persons compared to an entire franchise/brand...
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

(How did i get here)

Its a random thought how messed up corporations are. Because someone mentioned DIsney has no shame. But as long the cash flows, who cares?
  17. Limey Committed Player

Well, yes, if you want to break it down, then yes, corporate America is a mess, and yes Walt Disney was, in hindsight, a racist and purportedly things I'd rather not say on these forums, BUT conveying Walt Disney's sentiments to a company no longer run by the deceased man, or comparing his company as a whole to individual characters/people being removed from a product over public backlash is a poor comparison and the context is too loose to make actual sense.

And on the sentiment of morality, particularly as it pertains to public image, Disney has 'canceled' plenty of people and agreements/deals/licenses due to public backlash, akin to the aforementioned characters/individuals. So.. while 'doing whatever for cash and looking the other way if it'll take away the cash' is the core of American capitalism, Disney isn't the immoral 'will do anything for money' beast most people act like they are.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jaelia Committed Player

19. beardrive Committed Player

Public shaming never has any effect on Disney... Because they decide what your dreams are, not you. And they have the lawyers to back it up.