Dev Discussion Episode 45: The Terrorium Raid

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Quixotic, Apr 20, 2023.

1. you and me we got this Level 30

[IMG]IMPORTANT BUG PLEASE FIX

bug abusing players said something about traping dasaad in the corner ,
    basically you pull him to a corner and walk up the wall and stay there till static and rocket come close and trap him , so he cant move from there , please fix ty
  2. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I am sorry for saying this but... the numbers instead of symbols in the "match the floor" phase are kinda awful...
  3. Quixotic Developer

I agree, but it's better than having someone unable to see their symbol and unable to survive that mechanic because of it.
    I'm hoping to find a better solution, but it might take new or improved art.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  4. Tolly Committed Player

What annoys me the most in the instances is to see the difficulty always unequal according to our mode of displacement, as if the inconvenience of flight was not recognized during the development of a raid, for super speed everything is simple to play, on the other hand, when you are player flight + might, the rigidity will always be a stronger malus for us.
    For example here, to join the shield of protection, it is extremely fair for those having made this choice of gameplay, especially that to be able to this displacement, it is necessary to make a manipulation of clipping to be able to dodge and to move thereafter, after one takes us in anger because one did not make the things in time, but sorry us, one does not have the facility of movement of a super speed player precision...

Another point, I think that the symbols above our head should be more visible and see bigger, because with all the effects, sometimes we hardly see them...
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I ran it today and the consistent green was way, way better, so thank you for that.

and yeah, I also agree and have to say, those "numbers" above the players heads...

[IMG]
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Yeah...those numbers on the symbols phase hurts my eyes even more than the original flashing color change lol

Hope you guys can find a better solution to this.
  8. Skoll Well-Known Player

I’m not sure if anybody else has mentioned it, but in the elite being *almost* always grounded on 1st boss while the dome phase is up is a guaranteed death if you are anywhere past 3/4 of where the dome appears. Static’s arc lightning attack is super sensitive so you’re forced to be spread out. Along with rockets constant pushbacks during dome phase, is more annoying than difficult. It isn’t a huge hinderance, I’ve already got full renown on both my toons, but during 30 odd runs of elite, that is where most of all the deaths from anyone in my runs had come from. Just some food for thought on E+ too, if you up the timer before the damage procs on dome phase, I can see the mech being nothing but a lottery spawn.
    And an off-topic side note - player collision is hell.

The color change is definitely better than before. A textured down and slightly less brighter cube does sound better and maybe you can reintroduce other colors than green?

The numbers above players heads during the puzzle isn’t pretty but it is definitely more functional than the tiny dark symbols. Maybe making the symbols bolder and whiter, or a contrasting/lighter color to the cube color could work? Also the stealth/invis glitch hasn’t happened in any of my runs today where the symbol wouldn’t appear if you went into stealth/invis so thanks for that.
  9. farm3rb0b Committed Player

For me, the icons with the numbers in them are delayed and show after the red symbol has already been displayed for some folks. I will say, the icons with numbers showed 100% of the time, so kudos for thinking up a fix. The downside was the delay. If you didn't have a symbol, and you waited on your number...it felt a little rougher in trying to get folks to the right spot. Worked out, but for some reason the icon recognition was way faster than the number recognition.

Also, huge thank you for the edit on the cube color and looking for more ways to improve that in the future. No issues whatsoever going in there visually now, and it also made that blue dome on the first boss easier to see for a lot of folks in our group. Appreciate the added effort.
    • Like x 1
  10. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Only got to run elite once last night, 1st boss didn't have any issues. My group had combat log open constantly and every death was assessed. No weird damage taken/transferred from unexpected sources.

Second boss, we didn't get steel so didn't get to test out the new tell.

Third boss, I think some logic needs to be built in here regarding egg phase & symbol phase. An egg phase can be ignored if enough health drops and a symbol phase starts. What should happen is an egg phases must be completed before a symbol phase can begin.
    So as soon as the void energy gets nullified, if the health threshold required is passed during egg, symbol phase would start.
    • Like x 1
  11. VoidTorcher New Player

Casual player, the gameplay on normal is fine to me, but The Terrorium felt a bit of a letdown narratively, being just a boss fight in a featureless box. SoBA: Rock of Eternity for instance, is also very short and almost as small, but still has more personality to it. The Terrorium lacks the sense of personal connection (e.g. saving Isis in SoBA), change in status quo (e.g. Corum Rath raising Atlantis to the surface in Alantis: The Throne), urgency or stakes (e.g. Perpetua rewriting reality in Doom/Dark Knights) that makes for an engaging story, no matter how brief.
    • Like x 2
  12. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I don’t like the new Green Box!!! I say this as a healer and trying to watch Health Bars (which are green) and the background (also green) is the same color……it’s a bad choice for a color scheme.

1. Pick new color that isn’t used (like blue, green)

2. Put a contrasting color box behind players names and bars so we can distinguish between the hud and background.

I actually liked the different colors as it was a color for each boss, something new for once.
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hello!

Please, is there any news on when the elite plus version of this is coming? Closing in on a month after live release so thought I'd ask about it.
  14. DamageControlPS Active Player

Elite plus once again on the back over a month and no schedule when’s it’s out and any testing as of yet which’s means more time will drag on for any bit of “difficulty” which will be nerfed as soon as anyone complain. Started playing again this week for double marks can rest now again as the game is as full as it’s ever been gameplay wise.

Feats are shambolic at best in this elite raid not to mention compete copies of the normal one. I get it it’s ally central these days dcuo but please for the love of the game focus on game play and difficulty for the elite plus and put some thought into feats….
    • Like x 1
  15. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Diggin the new black box! Now everything in there has a contrast to it. It’s so much better that I was finally able to get the ‘under the dome’ feat.
    • Like x 1
  16. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Last night we killed 46 adds for the 32 adds feat at 2nd boss in tte+ but the feat didn't pop. Is it bugged? Anyone else experienced the same?
  17. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Defeated 2nd boss and the void explosion thingies kept popping up. The between boss phase had them, last boss had more of them, and after final boss they still persisted and killed us all in the cutscene.
  18. Miserable Dedicated Player

They decided to skip that whole step this time lmao
  19. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Any info on fixing 32 adds feat in e+?