Dev Discussion Episode 45: The Terrorium Raid

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Quixotic, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

1.The investigation is hardly able to be seen.

2. Raid difficulty is backwards for normal.

3. Room is small and affects the camera angle so it’s hard to see what’s going on.

4. Puzzle/symbols on the ground for normal, what’s the point of that?? It like doesn’t do anything.
  2. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Throwing my hat in with the others in saying the visuals are... not good.

With regards to the orange colour, I find the floor to be not bad, but the room as a whole, atrocious. Maybe to matching the walls to look closer to the floor. I don't know.

Yellow, hard to say, it comes right after the orange and by then the damage is done.

Green actually feels like a relief when you get to it. Whether that's because it's good or not, hard to say.

What I do know for sure is I skipped Friday raid night with the league. And that's something I haven't done during a new period of a DLC ever. Granted, the younger (and dumber) me would have just migrained it up to get his marks. But given everything going on, can't do that anymore.

Barring any changes, I'll just do what I did this week. Event raid with my eyes closed.
    • Like x 3
  3. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

1st boss: arc lightning needs to be examined, I was controller and used Battle Drone and died from arc lightning, checked the combat log and it said battle drone knocked me out with it.
  4. Stranger Well-Known Player

The "Tasered Out" Feat seems a bit buggy. I'm blocking all of his Taser Attacks.
  5. Warped Discord Moderator

Bug Report (Elite Raid)
    • The feat for getting in the dome and no one dying to the dome mechanic appears to be bugged. No one died to the dome mechanic in the group and the feat never popped.

• The nightmare pools on second boss will keep infinitely spawning ads if someone dies in the pool. The same happens if a pool spawns on top of someone who has died and is either waiting to be rallied or is completely out of the fight.
    • Like x 1
  6. Warped Discord Moderator

Edit: I see Quixotic is already aware of the dome feat bug per a previous post.
  7. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

The renown is missing the renown value descriptions..
    Very hard to reset myself inside of content, i have to constantly leave the mission and reset myself then queue..
    Any chance to reduce the wait times between bounties?

Side note: I dont think Ive seen static shock used his skimming board or use electric powers in game.. Wonder why?
  8. Quixotic Developer

I'm switching the boss arena to be white and stay white throughout the raid. My hope is that this will help make the boss arena less problematic - but I don't know if it will or not.
    • The positive is that white is fairly neutral and hopefully FX will show up better against it. And by staying a single color it might be less prone to triggering vision issues.
    • The negative is that the white arena is kind of bright, especially on the edges. That could end up being just as bad. I'm hoping it's not and is worth trying.
    • Another option is going with the same blue as the smaller, start area for the entire raid. The downside to that blue is that some of the first boss FX and mechanics use a similar color and would be even harder to see than they already are.
    • Green is another option though sounds like some player FX are hard to see with that one.
    I've also asked the art team to look into toning down the wall texture movement and brightness. Any changes of that kind, though, won't be available until we can do another client patch to the game. And it's hard to predict how much those changes will help.

I'll keep an eye on this.
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 3
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I cant speak from experience because i havent had any issues with the visuals, but wouldnt it solve the problem if the colors were simply toned down a bit. Not to the point they look washed out but generally less bright?

I dont know if thats easily doable on your end or if it would even make a difference to those that have these issues.
  10. BorysUSPS New Player

I tried this feat in regular and elite raid but never popped.
    • Like x 1
  11. Quixotic Developer

That's what I asked the artists to do. I just saw a revised version of the white color done by Elacron (environment artist) and it looks very promising! Less movement and much less bright. I think that will be a big improvement. I don't know when we will be able to patch it out...art requires a client patch.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 5
  12. Warped Discord Moderator

Could you maybe put this on test first just so we have an idea of what it will look like? I think the white will be a bit much and you might be better off having no color transition and keeping it blue if you decide to go that route. I personally think the color transitions are fine as they are.

The strobing effect was indeed an issue and I’m glad that was fixed before hitting live but I see no issues with the colors changing as it currently is now. We have tons of other content out there with just as much if not more color transitions/effects (just look at the speedforce tunnels in paradox wave for example).
  13. SilkyPawz Bunny

Thank you for looking into this, I don't mind the green or the blue but something is better then nothing on the effects, I personally don't mind white as you said I guess will have to see how bright.

Currently things do get washed out with the colors like the Symbols depending on the color of the cube and other effects.

Thank you again looking forward to the changes.
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks for looking at it. I honestly thought it'd be fine myself, but after experiencing it for a bit more time, it really became obvious it wasn't.
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Incase it hasnt been said DeSaad can be put in the corner by static and rocket making him stuck in the corner if the Tank pulls him there, i assume its not intented
  16. BumblingB I got better.

A neutral color with no moving textures would probably be the ideal solution, but I'd have to see what the white room looks like.

Thank you for trying to get this working well for player experience. I've ran the raid 3 times now and I can't do anything after it for a while to try and rest my head. I wont even attempt the elite raid as focusing combined with the textures would probably trigger a terrible migraine that will wipe me out.
    The Speed Force tunnels were adjusted a long time ago. They were FAR worse than they are now. I had several leaguemates that got migraines during that time and I was the one that made a forum post about it that got the attention of the dev team. Most people don't have light sensitivity, so things like that get overlooked. The strobing lights were on test, but that got removed altogether, but there is something with the wall textures and color combinations that were greatly affecting us still.[/quote]
    • Like x 2
  17. Quixotic Developer

We've switched the color to Green for the hotfix. White was just too intense in testing unfortunately and Green seemed to be less of a problem than the other colors based on feedback.

The good news is that the toned down version of White with less movement and muted brightness worked really well. Really more of a Silver than White really. The downside is that it won't be able to be patched out for a few weeks as a new client patch comes together. But at least there's what I believe to be a truly good solution on the way.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 2
  18. El Ferchos Active Player

Earlier today I ran with league for the regular ones and the only one we couldn't get was the one regarding the dome. Other than that the rest went smoothly.

Which elite feats you tried that were bugged? Curious so I don't waste time un vain.
    • Like x 1
  19. Warped Discord Moderator

Yeah, thanks for that reminder. I guess I was a bit biased in my assessment coming from someone who isn’t really sensitive to that sort of stuff. Hopefully this new map will look both appealing and will be easier on the eyes.
  20. BorysUSPS New Player

- UNDER THE DOME (regular)
    - THERE'S NOWHERE LIKE DOME (elite)

Defeat Nightmare Static and Nightmare Rocket without anyone taking damage from Nightmare Explosion