Superman Anniversary 2023

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jamiejacket, Apr 18, 2023.

1. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Hey Devs,

Just saw a post from DC on Facebook that today is the Superman 85th anniversary.

Back in June 2018 you made the classic Superman logo accessible and I'm sure there are new players since then who've joined that would like it. Any chance for the emblem again, or something like it?

https://fb.watch/j_VAin5_lR/
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

They've been asking a lot, but unfortunately DC/WB keeps turning them down, so that's the issue in our way. I've been using Subject 0 since it's almost exactly the same, save a couple minor details.
  3. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

That emblem is OK but doesn't hold anything to the classic logo.

I am a long time player from when the game was first released, so have both the 2018 classic logo and the 2013 BvS logo on my account . This post iis for the dev's to speak up for the newer player community and is just a request / question relating to any 85th anniversay gifts and speaking for the player community post the 2013 BvS dropbox and outside of the June 2018 - December 2018 period asking for this emblem.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Development has said that they ask DC on a regular basis if they can add the emblem back for another limited time and the reply has always been no.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tolly Committed Player

You'll have to force it with a petition! :p
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Honestly if he happy with out the logo but have his slimline the same way they did orions just add a cape to go with it a cape we can add a logo too …

That can have open neck line and it a turtle neck and yes it can be done we have a few examples in game already.
    • Like x 2
  7. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I'm lucky enough to have the bvs superman emblem but i wouldn't mind getting the classic one i missed out on as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Bro, I was just explaining why we've had such trouble with the emblem and suggesting an alternative for those who may need one for the time being. And this isn't something you need to "speak up" to the devs about. DC/WB are the ones you need to make your case to.
    • Like x 2
  9. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

That would also be great Superman anniversary gift in lue of the emblem... other options for emblems to go with it could be variants like the Kingdom Come, New 52, Red Son, Action Comics, Supergirl or Superboy.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. Eve YouTuber

Sadly I don't see them bringing the emblem back and this is DC's fault, not the Devs. But some way to celebrate Superman would have been cool.
    • Like x 2
  11. Random Mind Dedicated Player

For my Superman character, because I missed out on both Superman emblems, I am using the Fallen God chest style and with a bit mix and matching I've got a pretty good looking Superman style. I will admit, even though I'm happy with my style, I still get a little upset every time I see the Superman emblem.

With regards to getting the Superman emblem for his anniversary, I'm not holding my breath.
  12. Babù Active Player

For my Supergirl Character, I used Fallen God chestsyle first before to switch with Superwoman emblem (see page 1060 in The New Costume Contest Thread)

It's too bad that Devs didn't launch a special event for this Birthday. :(
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Actually speaking up on here gives the devs something to show DC/WB when asking for the emblem for us. There is no downside to speaking up.
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was introduced for the 80th anniversary, so its only logical to return on the 90th.

Its all part of Mepps' evil plan to make players stick around for 5 more years. :p
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I’m shocked they didn’t showcase death of Superman for this honestly
    • Like x 1
  16. Capt Mephisto Active Player

I would be happy if we could get the emblem from the 1940s Superman cartoons. It is a variation but still nice. I would also still like a more accurate Alan Scott Green Lantern emblem, but that's a gripe for another day.
    • Like x 2
  17. Capt Mephisto Active Player

I created a LindaLeeDanvers and made her Ultragirl. Ultraman emblem and UltraKryptonian Tattered cape, which has the emblem on it.
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'd love it.

I want the golden age rocket ship that sent baby Kal-L to Earth as a base item.
    • Like x 1
  19. Eve YouTuber

Well now that they got characters from a cartoon (Static Shock) it might be possible if DC allows that.
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Static had his own comic. Heck he had hiw own comic a few times.
    When the Milestone Universe was created.... with the New 52..... and earlier this year.

That is why they can use him in DCUO.

They can use the comics.... not the cartoon.

Same with Ebon. Even if he was created in the Cartoon... he was added to the Comics earlier this year. ;)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    The same thing happened with Batman Beyond.
    They could not use Batman Beyond from the animated series....
    but later they added Batman Beyond to the comics with Future's End.... and later his own comic.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1