Test Discussion Episode 45: Abandoned Subway Duo

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Apr 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTX Well-Known Player

The usual response to truth, incapable.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I saw that the Elite Bosses health was increased. Was that necessary? The first and last bosses were already in a good spot. It was just DaBoom that was a little too straightforward and needed an adjustment. Not sure if I'll be able to get a test in today or before it goes live.
  3. Quixotic Developer

The increase in Elite boss health was updated last Friday, so should have been what was played over the weekend. Due to a bug, the Elite bosses had less health than the bosses in the Normal version which was not intended.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 2
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I ran the Elite duo several times over the weekend. The boss fights take longer now, but aren't necessarily more difficult. You just have a better chance of seeing all the mechanics now. When running it with pugs, my average clear time was around 8 to 9 minutes.
    • Like x 3
  5. BumblingB I got better.

So this change happened after Thursday when I tested it last? Wish I had known, would have tested it then.

Thank you for the reply.
  6. RTX Well-Known Player

"2-Player: Shock to the System: Abandoned Subway
    • Added an extra check to help ensure that adds do not continue to spawn after the boss is defeated
    • Added repair vendor near DaBoom
    • Turtledove will only use her Wing Buffet charge in Elite
    • Added a better tell for the start of Turtledove's Flying Charge
    • Ebon's Soul Leech will deal damage to a player stunned by Shadow Tendril as if they were blocking (greatly reduced damage)
    • Adjusted rally location in Turtledove's room to be closer to DaBoom than start rally location"
    [IMG]

Thanks for making those changes! Aswell as reducing the healing of the pool (Teed Stoone forgot to mention).
    It didn´t felt like health increased, since the other mechs been lowered. Therefore the chance for two DPS surviving increased.

You can´t ignore mechanics, but you also won´t get "overkilled" by something like "Shadow Tendril". It seem to have reached the optimal spot to be finishable in any role and not having everything maxed out, if mechanics are learned.

Also the artist team did a great job, here and in the other instances. And performance seem to be stable without drops (1% Low) only when hallways getting loaded/rendered but within in acceptable range (Scaled down to lower hardware). While the raid is something new and obviously visually not much, in terms of performance its a short time where nature can breath. So a good thing for players, even if some dont see it. The color change is a nice touch.

I know this is duo thread, but we all seem to mix it up and aslong Limey don´t come here telling me not to do it, i´m fine.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I was able to get a run in today. It wasn't bad and I appreciate the changes to DaBoom being health based and not time based. Makes you at least have to pause to make sure you don't knock yourself out.

I got to ask, what causes a "Battle Stun" and why does it do 3/4th of my health when I'm no where near my teammate?
    [IMG]

Also, is there a reason why normal gives only 1 mark and elite gives 2? In the past, duos were 2 marks and elite usually gave one extra mark for the extra effort to run.
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

Is this in Elite or normal?
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Elite. I was testing the changes for elite, but we queued normal to compare the rewards.
    • Like x 1
  10. Quixotic Developer

Turtledove will stun one player with Battle Stun. When that player breaks out of the stun, there's a small AoE on them that will stun and do minor damage the other player if they are close enough. When the second player breaks out of their stun, there's a similar AoE and if that hits the player who started this chain, it will do heavier damage to them.

Basically you want to avoid breaking out of Battle Stun when your teammate is near you...especially if you're the second player stunned by it.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Basically similar to your Battle Stun mechanics from Phoenix Cannon and Darkseid's War Factory, which you also worked on previously.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Huh, so... I got stunned and broke out. Then my teammate broke out and about killed me?

FYI, I was across the room when I died. So is the breakout's range wider than the animation? I seriously did not know what did so much damage, considering my location.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.