Downtime Server Downtime - April 20, 2023 - Shock to the System

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

UPDATE: Episode 45's launch date is now planned for April 20, 2023. We believe this additional week will help us deliver the best experience possible. Thank you for your patience with the date change.

UPDATE 2: Switch will also receive the episode today, April 20.

UPDATE 3: All worlds are now online.

Episode 45: Shock to the System

PC, PS4, and Xbox All worlds will be taken offline at 6AM PT on April 20, 2023, to launch Episode 45: Shock to the System. Downtime may last up to 8 hours.

Switch worlds will be taken offline at 6AM PT on April 20, 2023, for a brief maintenance. While Switch worlds must be offline temporarily, Switch will not receive the episode and update until later this April. Downtime may last up to 2 hours.

Dakota City and the Milestone universe await. Join Static, Rocket, and more in exploring this new dimension.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes subforum when available.
    • Like x 16
  2. Eve YouTuber

Mepps is there going to be a launch stream???
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, on Thursday.
    • Like x 8
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I don't know if this is something that the higher ups decide, but can't you guys push back the release a week or two? The episode hasn't been on test long, the raid is nowhere near ready, and the EoG changes are still being worked on.

Why release a broken update? All that will achieve is a list of bugs and threads of players criticising the update for being rushed out. Just delay it and take the time to fine tune things on test so they are ready for release.

Maybe an April 20 release would be better. And do a Bonus Coins of Ra week in the meantime so anyone who isn't already geared for the episode can do so.

Just my two cents.
    • Like x 8
  5. zNot Loyal Player

Can the Elite raid be released together with the EoG changes?
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The other alternative is releasing most of the episode on Thursday April 13, including the open world, duo and alert, as well as the Static ally.

The artifact would remain on test for the time being and the raid would release either at the beginning of the weekend or early next week in an overnight hot fix. These are the two things besides the EoG changes (that aren't tied to the episode directly) that aren't ready for live yet imo.
  7. FazlaBakmaKafaYapar Active Player

8. FazlaBakmaKafaYapar Active Player

9. FazlaBakmaKafaYapar Active Player

10. FazlaBakmaKafaYapar Active Player

11. FazlaBakmaKafaYapar Active Player

12. Jcal Dedicated Player

I can't wait for the broker fixes. Listing things and checking prices has been such a MASSIVE pain in my side for... however long this has been going on now. Getting the broker back to normal will be my personal megaton of the GU.
    • Like x 2
  13. BMyst Active Player

Just get rid of DPS stacking and call it good. People complaining for/against EOG at this point is just getting out of hand. Many other fixes need to happen simultaneously for things to balance correctly.
  14. zNot Loyal Player

the stacking removed only will do little in my opinion they could just make EoG only benefit yourself for both red and green circles that way tanks also see no change.
  15. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It kills me how people think they know better than the devs when it comes to when the content should be released based on a few runs on the test server.

If they weren't confident that it would be a good release timing... they wouldn't be releasing it on that date.
    • Like x 2
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Does this include the fix to the broker?
    • Like x 2
  17. Warped Discord Moderator

I don’t think anyone here necessarily thinks they know better than the devs, but it is a bit concerning that a lot of the bugs and suggested feedback still remain on the test server at this time. A lot of the things aren’t quite finalized yet and the content releases in two days. I along with many others been doing a lot of testing since it was released on test and I do have my concerns. Hopefully a lot of the issues can be addressed before it goes live.
    • Like x 2
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I agree with you that from stuff I've seen the pot roast needs to cook a little longer. but I hope I'm wrong and it comes out smoothly because they have tons of changes on internal test or something we don't know about . they have gotten much better at rolling these things out with out too many problems like we had back in the day on episode releases. so if they want everything maxed by the tryhards on week one before they fix issues I guess that's what's going to happen
    • Like x 1
  19. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Have you ever seen an ObsidianChill video o_O:D
    • Like x 3
  20. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Agreed