This dlc is a joke…

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Light Bender92, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

I really try to be somewhat forgiving of the devs because I know it can be hard to create great content when you’re short staffed but this is just ridiculous… The open world is lackluster (just looks like a reskin of Gotham with some light) and instead of getting actual Static villains we get reskins of the fearsome five. The duo is probably the only decent piece of content and most likely all I’ll be playing/farming upon release. The alert is okay, but is entirely too long for what it is (large area, adds unnecessarily spread out, etc) and is just not engaging. And do NOT get me started on the “raid.” We are literally just in a box with space in the background….

This is absolutely unacceptable , especially for those that pay for membership. If it’s going to take 6+ months between content releases just to get half baked content that’s THIS bad then you guys need to figure out something, seriously. I cannot believe that this dlc has been worked on since the release of the last one, there is no way. I would rather you guys take 6 months to actually fix the bugs in the game, improve mechanics, and rework power sets and super charges than to give us something like this.

I don’t say this as someone who hates the game or whatever, I’ve been playing DC since I was in middle school and I’m a grad student now. I love the game and I want to continue playing it, but when content releases are THIS lackluster and we are expected to play it for months on end until the next one then yeah it’s ridiculous. The devs either need to ACTUALLY focus on making better content, or be completely transparent about the fact that they simply don’t have the ability to do so anymore so that people can move on. A DLC dropping on test server should make me more excited than I was for new content, not immediately quell it.
    • Like x 8
  2. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Wow that sad to hear but as someone who has seen all the job openings not surprising. Truth told its the fact that I love dc comics and the people I know in the game that keeps me playing but I am think about picking up another mmo right now maybe Diablo 4 since I am wasting my money on this game
    • Like x 3
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Im wondering if this has something to do with many Devs working remote.

The dlc is OK,but the raid isnt even a map that we explore like a adventure we are litteraly in a small Box thats not fun as a raid for a alert or duo thats fine but raids are limited alot by such a design and for 6 months and just a single raid.. i honestly feel like Raids need way more ressources put into them. I think the devs this time put more into the openworld.
    • Like x 4
  4. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Yikes.

1 step forward two steps back…
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

To be honest I'm not surprised about the complaints because these complaints come every DLC anyway and any alteration to the formula and it gets backlash regardless so what difference does it make now.

Same feedback about a DLC not being good enough what's new?
    • Like x 1
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  7. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly.. Evert DLC has hads a thread like this, then a thread LOVING it etc
  8. MikeB Level 30

We are waiting for your counter argument as to why this dlc is not as bad as the OP said. The majority of players do not enjoy bounty spam. The raid is a small area and too short. Don't be that guy. Don't lowkey apologize for mediocrity. If something is below standards, call it out. It's the only way to get meaningful changes
    • Like x 7
  9. zNot Loyal Player

I do question how we went from 2 large raids every 3-4 months to 1 small raid every 6 months and it seems that thats the normality now. Last episode we had 2 short raids now even less..
    • Like x 2
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I'm not liking what I'm hearing on this thread. I was super excited about Shock to the System! So, it's a let down?

It just isn't fair. I was so excited about this DLC. And Leon Chills was hired to write the story too.

This is like waiting on Christmas expecting to get a cashmere sweater but you peek and find out it's just a pair of socks.

This isn't fair, I'm really bummed out now. :(

I wish I had never read this thread.
    • Like x 2
  11. zNot Loyal Player

The episode is good dont get me wrong! but I as someone who really enjoys raids i am abit dissappointed we only have one raid and thats just a little box, i thought we were to get 1 large raid with map exploring as opposed to 2 short raids like last episode.
    • Like x 1
  12. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Let me guess 1 or 2 bounty in open world and they gona add other in few weeks ? :) for past few weeks im login on everyday only to take allaccess perks and i play other games . If this DLC is like you said copy phase and raid with same bosses ( mechainc ) im gona save space on my drive for better games .
    • Like x 3
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The system is similar to the one that was in WW and LLL, boses from Fearsome Five (Gizmo, Yinx, Dr. Light, Psimon, Mammonth ...) ......
  14. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

It's an Episode based on Milestone Owned Characters and Locations, that very likely came with its own limits as to what and who can/cannot be used. Out of all 40+ Episodes, this one, although you likely wouldn't consider it "strict", still likely had the most restrictions.

It's also a bit strange to be commenting on an Episode that's currently on Test Server as if it's been released Live as-is. This likely came from someone who uses Test Server as their own "Live Server". Otherwise most of these complaints should have been presented in the Test Feedback section instead of General Gameplay, which could not more obviously be for Live Server discussions.
    • Like x 1
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Socks used to be disappointing as a kid, but as an adult I'm very excited to see them lol
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

What can be reasonable expected as content while trying not change up something too much?

The community is going to have to accept change and stop being hostile towards it while wondering while their game gets stale
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I don't know now, my enthusiasm is pretty much gone.
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have no problem with positive change. What has been described in this thread concerning the reaction to what is on Test is just, it's just crushing to me. I was hyped. I was so looking forward to Shock to the System, especially the story Leon Chills was going to write for us. And the raid is in a box? We just stand there in a box and wait for the adds to come out and then a Boss?
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

My question for you.

What did you expect out of this DLC?

Im not apologizing for anything. Look at what theyve been giving you and take a educated guess that "ok so the next DLC's is gonna be around this ballpark of content.

Besides, the majority of the money they make doesnt come from content, it comes from the Time Capsules... So what you dont get 3 raids? What youll spend money on isnt raids anyway. Its Materials and Auras.

The leadership currently isnt there, something needs to be whipped up, and get it out there. If you expected a top quality DLC i the middle of a staff shortage. You set yourself up for failure...

The way i see it, "Cool new content"
    • Like x 2
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I prefer single room raids so this is perfect for me. Who the hell wants to spend 10 minutes running down reskinned hallways picking off 3-man mobs? I just want to go in, fight bosses, leave? If you want to explore save up some money and go to Canada.
    • Like x 4