Test Discussion Episode 45: Dakota City Open World

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by BeanCan, Apr 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeanCan Developer

Welcome to the public testing thread for Episode 45's open world: Dakota City!

Please share any feedback you have relating to Dakota City's map, the daily missions, and weekly bounties here!

Thank you!
    - BeanCan

Known Issues:
    - Collections are currently not in the open world, but will be added at a later date.
    - Feats are not in.
    • Like x 4
  2. Kurama Active Player

Hello greetings!. Fixed the issue where it wouldn't let me enter the game. Now I logged in, I tried to enter Dakota City, and the game automatically kicked me out, I wanted to go back in, in the character selection everything was fine, when I activate "play" it loads and it automatically kicks me out of the game.
  3. Eve YouTuber

that's weird, I had no issue getting into Dakota City.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kurama Active Player

Yeah. I was in HoF and in the Watchtower, in my base, without problems. I wanted to enter Dakota and the game already took me out, now I can't enter: c .
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

Hopefully Mepps or support can solve this issue out so you can get back into your testing character?
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I cannot pick up parked cars in Dakota City even if I have the Iconic Super Strength ability.

It is as if they are part of the background as opposed to be a prop we can pick up??
  7. TabulaRasa Level 30

Very excited about the use of the milestone characters will we see more like icon and hardware., maybe the blood syndicate?
  8. victorhenrdes New Player

Are the open world bosses supposed to be there or will they be added later? No one seems to have seen them.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Some of the cars in Dakota City are part of the environment and cannot be picked up. Er, I mean, weigh a lot.
    • Like x 7
  10. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Appreciate the straightforwardness of this response :D
  11. Eve YouTuber

I have to admit the open world bounties are really fun and not what I was expecting at all. Feels very rewards too, to take them down
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I love the open world, only have 3 points to make.

1. I thought the time between bounties was a bit too long, idk if there is a way to shorten it but for awhile I thought the bounties weren't working because of the time spent waiting.

2. The minion earthquakes attack seems a bit overturned, considering they can do about 300-400k dmg to you over a mere 2-3 seconds. Kinda steep considering other dmg sources in play.

3. The bosses were getting beaten pretty quick, so maybe an hp boost or defense buff could be an option.
    • Like x 2
  13. Henoshock Well-Known Player

1. Bosses should spawn more quickly. Not sure what the timer is right now, but there's a lot of waiting around. The 20 minute timer in Wonderverse / LLL is much more acceptable. No one likes spending time spamming bounties, and it gets old real fast.

2. The purple arrow indicator for the boss spawn should update to the next area as the current bosses die. Currently, after a boss dies, their zone is still marked as purple, and will not update until a few seconds before the next bosses would spawn. Makes it more confusing for people to find the next boss.
    • Like x 3
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

We've yet to have an open-air city area where all non-moving cars are moveable.

Look around original Gotham and Metropolis and you'll find plenty of places where vehicles can't be moved. (I find this annoying, but it is what it is.)
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

30min full cycle bounty rotation with a 10min wait after the fearsome five kill to restart. Presently this will lead to about 10% of the time spent fighting and 90% of the time standing around waiting. Which is not the most enjoyable gaming experience and one of the main issues the community had with the Wonderverse and Legion bounties.

Also in the past there were Recovery Kits that you could remove mods with. If the face mods will become apart of the game moving forward, which is seems as it is, there should be a method (to purchase or drop) to remove the mods so that if we wanted to change them from switching to health or dom or might and prec etc we don't have to consume and destroy the mod or be forced to farm or purchase form the broker multiple copies.
    • Like x 6
  16. Limey Committed Player

Weren't Wonderverse and LLTL bounty cycles reduced to 20 minute cycles? Seems like that is a reasonable standard.
  17. Skoll Well-Known Player

I know the goal with these types of bounties is to have players playing for as long as possible, but having a 80-90% downtime is not the way to do it. I think either lowering the bosses respawn time or drastically increasing the bosses health will be both more engaging and feel less like a chore. I know the whole “But you can explore in the mean time!” or “there are other things to do in the beautiful Dakota City area!”, please, just don’t do this. We all know the main reason to do these bounties; feats, currency and the actual bosses. Not standing around waiting for them to respawn for hours on end.
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

After defeating fearsome five and using the teleporter at Meta-Therapy Clinic a number of players spawned in the floor at the Mission Hub

[IMG]
  19. Jcal Dedicated Player

A 30 min bounty rotation is unacceptable. You have our feedback from Wonderverse and Long Live the Legion. You know we don't want the long downtime.
    • Like x 5
  20. iEddyGaming Active Player

Kindly reduce the bounty rotation time. Thank you!
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.