Frustrated with Renown System and Suggested Solutions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GamerChef6, Apr 5, 2023.

1. GamerChef6 Level 30

Is anyone else frustrated with how renown for any episodic faction (i.e. Champions of Olympus, Birds of Pray) is hard to complete now because not many people run elite raids through the duty finder?

I am a returning player and am struggling to earn this renown so I can complete feats, collect all briefings, and collect all gear styles because I can't run these elite raids. This is preventing me from maximizing my skill points and thus stunting my CR.

Suggested solutions:

1. Add renown to all past episode solo, duo, and alerts. It doesn't have to be as much as what is earned in the elite raids, but being able to get anything reasonable would be good. Examples: Solo = 75 renown, duo = 150 renown, alert = 225 renown, or something like that. And/Or
    2. Add a section to the duty finder explicitly for elite raids, including one for the omnibus with omnibus level rewards. That way we can get more people running the elite raids and players missing renown would have an easier time getting into the necessary elite raids. And/Or
    3. Add additional quest to an existing one, that will reward renown for completely all map quests once a week. For example: Complete 15 daily quests in Monster Invasion Gotham map plus the one weekly, get 125 for 250 renown.

Thoughts?
    • Like x 4
  2. Eve YouTuber

What I liked is that during the Anniversary raid if you run elite version you can choose renown for older content. They should find a way to implant it to help with older elites. Or actually yeah add another thing to do or rare drops over time
    • Like x 10
  3. inferno Loyal Player

Renown equal exchange vendor could also work. You can keep on running current elite content and have your extra be exchange for any one you want.
    • Like x 13
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Because there isn't a lot of incentive to run those old raids... even good players will often find themselves confused about mechanics and whatnot because they weren't active during the release of a particular DLC or they just forget because it's been so long.

You'll want to run it with your league or people that know what they are doing anyway. At least someone to explain... if you have that... then there's no point in changing anything. Its just 6 raids.
    • Like x 1
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Because too many people run old Elite raids as it is? If we could max out renown for old episodes by running current content that everybody runs anyway - finding people to run those old Elite raids for feats would be even more difficult than it is now. If you don't need current renown tokens and need the old ones - simply make a group and run the old raids, instead of the latest ones. They're not loot-locked, so you can max out your renown in a day, while getting all the feats as well. Otherwise - you might as well ask to be given all the rewards and feats from episodes and for those raids to be removed from the game.
  6. Gravedigger Active Player

The titan duo especially should be given an elite. Nobody runs the elite raids for that anymore & theres a duo right there. It just needs a slight upscaled elite (they did it for stu, no new mechs just upscale)
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All EEG renown factions should be converted into one generic renown faction. That just seems like the simplest way to go about it.
    • Like x 9
  8. Dilios Well-Known Player

Save your time, champions of olympus elite gear has no "feat".
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

The most sensible thing ive read all day
    • Like x 1
  10. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Blame clamp used to q all elite when running random stuff now only if it has a rare drop for money. Once I am full elite on my main I only run elite if a league mate ask me to help
    • Like x 2
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Probably because like many elite content. They are terrible to run when clamped. Plus those raids you require a tank and healer and we all know how many people will fake queue as a role they shouldnt just to get a faster queue.
    • Like x 7
  12. GamerChef6 Level 30

It was only an example
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The clamp is the reason no one wants to run old content or old elite. Imagine running that stuff with the group of Noobs. Instead make a group and use eog you won't feel a clamp at all cake walk. Now that eog is nerfed we can get inv lock while in combat going. Then the developers can say omg look we can actually give them 3 more slots now wow. this will off set the clamp big time and ppl will run old content again and elite. Many players will come back to the game knowing it's easier as long as you have your artifacts up and the rest of the group does not. 6 slots the player will feel progression trust me do the math
    • Like x 3
  14. GamerChef6 Level 30

I ran Olympus elite the 1st time, and figured out the mechanics with only 1 death.

The lack of incentive has to be changed by the developers. FFXIV made a Duty system where it was worth it by giving out current expansion currency to run the "duty roulette" for both daily and weekly ques into all released content for the express reason to help out new and returning players. It is not a bad system to use. It was in response to multiple complaints just like this post of mine. Now, old content is constantly used, which developers like, new and returning players get old content completed with experienced players without waiting months for completion and being disenfranchised with the game, and everyone is now happy.
    • Like x 1
  15. GamerChef6 Level 30

So, the tank healer requirement was also addressed by FFXIV duty roulette by giving bonuses to the roles that were needed but queuing up less.
  16. GamerChef6 Level 30

forgive my ignorance, what is eog?
  17. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Perhaps. Apparently there is enough incentive to warrant topics on the forums requesting ease of access. Yet... not enough to shout for the homies. Some conflicting evidence here.

I prefer it the way it is honestly. At least now... someone might have the motivation to actually form an old raid.
    • Like x 1
  18. inferno Loyal Player

He's asking for suggestions and thoughts about his own. I offered one alternative he didn't list.

I think his second idea was the best of all. It keeps the original rewards and content intact. I've seen that suggestion floated around many times already in the past but what we got was the omnibus version that's been out over the year and that doesn't seem to cover his issues. Maybe the devs will figure something out someday to better address the issue.
    • Like x 2
  19. GamerChef6 Level 30

Your concern is the exact reason why I proposed solution #2, a weekly omnibus reward specifically for running 8-person elite content.
    • Like x 1
  20. GamerChef6 Level 30

Both can be done. Old raid groups can be formed, but you can also have ease of access. FFXIV Guilds and raid group formations grew really fast thanks to the duty roulette. It allowed for more people to have access to more players to form new groups. Calling on the homies, what if you have no "homies" in the game because you are new or returning after 5 years like me?