Is it possible to put test on consoles?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnboundHeavenlyDemon, Apr 5, 2023.

1. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I always wanted to test episodes but can’t since it’s only available to test on pc.Is it possible to have the test servers on the current gen consoles or is it something that’s making it impossible to put them on consoles?
    • Like x 1
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I think we are at the mercy of the PC players.
    • Like x 2
  3. myandria Item Storage

I believe the test servers are tied to the PC side of things; when you sign into the test server you have to sign into your Daybreak Games PC account. Consoles don't have that level of access to Daybreak and I can only assume that would be a different type of contract negotiations in order for the test server to be accessible from the console.
    • Like x 1
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Not possible. They told us the reason behind it years ago, dont remember exactly, but it had something to do with Sony and how pS handle the updates and that kind of stuff. It was something like they had to run the updates through ps and wait for aproval, and for the purpose of testing, it takes too long. Instead on pc they just release it when they ready, no extra aproval needed.

But...like i said, this was YEARS ago (around the time they make Test Servers open for everybody), and i dont rememeber the exact details. But im sure somebody else does.
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

It's not possible because of the way they need approval for each update on console. PC does not require approvals
    • Like x 1
  6. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Alway thought it was crazy that they never moved testing to playstation where most the player base is. They would have more fead back and more players testing content. I have seen complaints on test from tester saying they can't get into q cause there isn't enough tester running but they leave it to pc
    • Like x 1
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Gee i wish. Maybe phoenix cannon would actually get fixed then
    • Like x 3
  8. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

sadly yes :(
    • Like x 1
  9. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

if only they can somehow implemented on consoles,it would help testing by a lot
    • Like x 1
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Actually, one can use a really crappy laptop (but even built for gaming), and plug a PS4 controller into the laptop and at least test some things. I'm a console player, but the above is what I do.
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You don’t need a pc account to get on the test server. You just need any basic form of pc and a forums account. I’m a ps player and use test server all the time.

As for why they can’t have it on console. It’s because of Sony and Microsoft. They are the ones that require approval for updates. So if they need to make any changes based on feedback they would need to wait for approval because they are allowed to make said changes. Then wait for feedback and hope they don’t need to change anything else. I’d rather it remain on pc where they can make changes based on feedback more smoothly.
  12. Limey Committed Player

Is it possible? Yes

Is it ever going to happen? No. The financial burden of putting the test center on console(ie the associated fees to the console-makers) would not be worth it, not even close.
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Test Servers like this require constant updates. As Zoe said, Consoles require approvals through the Console makers for updates to go through. PC requires no such thing so they could push multiple updates in one day which isnt possible on Consoles.

As Deity said too, just make a PC account, load Test on your PC and youre done. DCUO doesnt require the latest video card. I run it on a potato laptop when im traveling and runs fine. But sadly no, Consoles wont ever see a Test Server of this scale. The best you could get is a "beta weekend" but then it shuts down for like 2 weeks while they make changes, do the approval, and try another weekend. Just not efficient.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

IF I were to get at .... pc ( I LOVE my Mac).... and IF I were to download the test program. what kind of feedback are the programmers looking for?
    • Like x 1
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

Have you ever thought about running WINE? I know DCUO used to work with it. And by used to, I'm meaning I haven't tried it in almost ten years.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have an M1 Mac and I think the only thing that would work is Parallels because it is made specifically for the M1 / M2. Its $129 plus the cost of Windows. I think I can get an old laptop at work that one of the sales people used for free.
    • Like x 1
  17. Limey Committed Player

And as long as that laptop is less than 10 years old, it should work. DC isn't exactly Cyberpunk 2077, even a low end 2015 laptop with integrated GPU should be able to run TC.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Yeah, that pretty much covers the sales people's laptops. They get Dell Latitudes or Insperions.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have a 5 or 6 year old Latitude with the built in Intel video. Works fine. All I did to 'improve' it is throw 8 more GB or ram and an SSD vs HDD. Not sure either really comes into play for DCUO (other than initial start up time) though.

Now, granted, this is not one I can open multiple sessions on, but for 1...it works decent.
    • Like x 2
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

It has to do with Sony's QA and the amount of time required for them to test it, and then getting it to us. By the time one build is approved by Sony, DI is onto the next build, ad nauseum.