Build Your Ally (For Fun)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

White Lantern Kyle

Combat: Diamond Blast
    Bombard an enemy with a concentrated beam of White Light of Life, dealing AoE damage to surrounding enemies and healing allies by 20% their HP (increased by 70% at max affinity)

Passive: Living Entity
    - Countdown to being picked up slowed down by 10 more seconds.
    - (At max affinity) Picking up allies can not be interrupted.

Passive: Emotional Spectrum
    - Using any healing skills trigger a Heal Over Time aura around the caster.
    • Like x 3
  2. Ergotth Committed Player

Allies are basicaly one stationary asset that shows up, do one attack, damage applies and thats it. I don't see why they can't make one that spawns a couple characters bunched together.
    • Like x 2
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The idea could lead to something that compliments the existing system - Ally Synergy.

Let’s say you have a Booster Gold ally and a separate Skeets ally. They work separately just like any other allies, but if you have them fully leveled and both equipped with one of them in attack position, then the partner joins the attack for an added blast.

This idea of synergy could breathe life into allies that people weren’t initially interested in. For instance - Batman. Were you not interested in the scanner ability? Did the attack of other allies look better, so you skipped him? Now add a Robin into the mix and watch Batman’s value go up.

It would add a new layer to the system in a way that fits the fan mentality. People would want to pair Batman with Robin and Superman with Krypto even if they knew nothing about the game. Don’t fight that. Embrace it and use it to get players to want to level more allies.
    • Like x 3
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Brother Power The Geek

Active: X% chance of applying Dazing and/or Electrifed effect. If both are applied, Power and Health regeneration increases by X%.

Passive: When activating Supply Drop, X% chance of applying Amazon Deflection.

Passive: When activating Sidekick or Henchmen, X% chance of getting a dancing Poppet (works like a moving Holographic Decoy)
    • Like x 2
  5. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Okay, I'll play, too.

Ambush Bug (Rare)

Combat Ability: Targets a single enemy.
    • Non-boss enemy - Ambush Bug grabs an enemy and teleports them high into the air, then releases them. Enemy impacts the ground at terminal velocity, taking 430% (at max rank) damage and stunning (10% chance, at max rank) enemies within a limited radius.
    • Boss enemy - Ambush Bug teleports in with a random Ally, who performs their Combat Ability, dealing 430% (at max rank) damage, then teleports away with them.
    Passive Ability: Upon taking damage equal to 25% of your total health in (2/4/6/8/10) seconds or less, Ambush Bug teleports in and plays a random prank on your enemy, drawing their aggro. The enemy takes (1/2/3/4/5)% damage from the prank, and Ambush Bug teleports away again.

Pranks would include (but not be limited to): Hotfoot, atomic wedgie, wet willy, swirly (A.B. would teleport in with a toilet for that one), "Got your nose!", or any other kind of similar prank.
    • Like x 3
  6. Eve YouTuber

He would be a perfect ally tbh, and I feel the most easiest to do. Maybe as appreciation gift to members?
    • Like x 2
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Just keep in mind, teleporting in with a random Ally means there's a chance he teleports in with Bruce Wayne. ;)
    • Like x 3
  8. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

Larfleeze
    (only have one passive in mind so far)
    MINE!!!!!!!!!
    -gives an extra base item in every instance that was previously Stabilizer duo loot pool (hey we need our Lux Sinks back lol)
    • Like x 2
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

MONEY!!! MONEY!!! MONEY!!!
    -doubles all sales to the vender
    • Like x 1
  10. Ergotth Committed Player

That is BRILLIANT! Sure coding hell for the poor developers but I can see this idea creating unique ally combinations here and there, especialy since we have 3 slots for allies and most combos in the DC Universe are trios (Batman + Superman + Wonderwoman, Batman + Robin + Nightwing...)
    • Like x 2
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Madame Xanadu

Active: Deadman takes over one enemy and starts attacking other enemies. If only one enemy exists then it struggles to force Deadman out and can not attack until it does so.

Passive: X% chance The Chariot card appears and you hear Zatanna reciting an incantation. Her AOE dove attack from Khandaq Raid appears emanating from target character. The number of Doves and distance before disappearing are decided by the Ally's level. At Level 10 a small DOT is also applied to enemies which are touched by the doves. It has the attributes of Bad Karma and Purified.

Passive: X% chance The Fool card appears. John Constantine's voice vibrates out of the card as an incantation is recited. At the end the card shatters. The next power each player uses will have no power cost and its cool down time reduced by X% (Does not apply to Super Charges.)
    • Like x 1
  12. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

This one is BRILLIANT! *standing ovation*
  13. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

I have to admit that is a cool concept. There's the Bat family, The Superman Family, The Flash Family... heck it's easy enough to work with and would definitely create some interesting combos.
  14. Eve YouTuber

I love the support and positivity on this thread (and I hope I'm not jinxing it lmao) but you guys made this thread more fun to return to and discuss building allies. :D
  15. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

be kinda cool if there were allies tied to seasonals, like with spring they could go with Swamp Thing, in dps he hurls a huge ball of that briar stuff (like the 4player). and in support it could be you get an extra base item from the event upon finishing the 4 player? i wanna say the sewer rendevous but i could be mistaken.(forgive any spelling or odd typos lol)
    • Like x 2
  16. Eve YouTuber

First thing first GIVE ME POISON IVY!!!
    • Like x 1
  17. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

it could be poison ivy thats fine.... *backs away slowly* it was just an example
    • Like x 2
  18. CJG335 New Player

Legendary Ally: Blight (Batman Beyond)

Combat:
    Blight appears and launches a small volley of Radioactive bolts in a cone attack. Finishes it off with a small AOE blast.

Passive 1: The Heat is on
    Landing a 20 hit combo will grant a stack of Nuclear Radiation (max 3). Each stack of Nuclear Radiation grants a small boost of Might and Dominance for 6 seconds.

Passive 2: Everything I touch shall wither
    When Pulling an enemy with a single or multi target taunt, you gain a stack of Meltdown Radiation (Max of 3). Each stack of Meltdown Radiation grants a small boost of Dominance, Health and Health Regeneration for 2 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Roth Committed Player

Darkseid

Combat: The Omega Effect

Darkseid fires a single target beam dealing damage equal to all the damage you dealt with weapon or superpower attacks in the last 25 seconds

Passive: Unfaltered Obedience

Your combat trinket pet now stays active permanently

Spectre

Combat: Spirit of Vengeance

Briefly become The Spectre's for 30 seconds, gaining a large increase to damage/healing/restoration/vitalization/defense based on your current role

Passive: Destructive Vengeance

Your finisher now damages 3 nearby targets

Saint Walker

Combat: Beacon of Hope

Saint Walker sits in a meditative position and radiates a field of blue energy that heals, restores power, and pushes away enemies

Passive: Hopeful

Increases the chance of rare drops from enemies, TCs, and gear boxes by 10%

Combat: Flames of Hell

AoS leaps at enemies and leaves behind a field of hellfire, inflicting enemies with burning and purification

Passive: Sinergy

Your powers have a chance to activate an effect based on the 7 Deadly Sins. Occurs every 60 seconds

Wrath - Enemies burn for extra damage when using a finisher
    Sloth - Enemies are slowed after being hard CC'd
    Greed - Group heals heal you for double the amount
    Gluttony - Your next shield will absorb 10% more damage
    Envy - Summoning a pet will also summon an envy demon to fight for you
    Lust - Using a pull hypnotizes a single non boss enemy to attack other enemies
    Pride - Using a supercharge will restore your power bar to 70%
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

Soooooooooooooooooooo, I am gonna do a "Build Your Ally" Type of videos. There are some suggestions here I really liked so I wanted to include them (With credit ofc) let me know peeps if you are okay with this. Also, DONNA TROY WHEN?!
    • Like x 3