Old Wayne to New Wayne: April Fools Bruce Wayne Ally

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Better call Matt and see how it tests out. Obsidian came up about 1B short for proper testing.
    • Like x 3
  2. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

It would be funny if someone actually got over 9 billion to test it and Bruce actually did do damage, but he basically just throws a single coin at the enemies which does 1 damage lol
    • Like x 4
  3. WritingDesk Developer

The Bruce Wayne ally lines were planned and recorded during Kevin Conroy's last session with us, and I'm so happy everyone gets this chance to hear them! I felt so lucky and touched that I got to work with him once (in narrative duties as script supervisor) because for me, he will always own that voice.

When we do recast, we'll let folks know!
    • Like x 17
  4. Eve YouTuber

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
    • Like x 2
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Are these the last official lines you have of Kevin's voice?

It was a nice touch that we got to hear it and the lines were amusing me to no end.
    • Like x 2
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  7. Kewleo Level 30

That is a really cool story. Kevin did a Cameo for my son for his birthday, and it is a cherished gift. He was so free with his time, going way over the "required" amount and just talked about life with him.

It is my sincere hope that we keep Kevin's voice for all existing content. With all the paradox time events we have in DCUO, it would be easy to explain a different voice for Batman for future content. Kevin will always be Batman, and I think his talent should be memorialized here in our game. The same goes for Joker (with Hamill's voice) as well. We understand the original VO actors won't always be available, but I prefer these talented actors.
    • Like x 5
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Hmm… if they need a way to ease the game into a new Batman, they could maybe start by bringing in Grayson Batman for a while so it’s a new Batman with a different voice but not a hard replacement of Kevin just yet
    • Like x 2
  9. WritingDesk Developer

From that VO session, we have some definite additional plans, as well as a few yet unused lines that may or may not eventually enter the game. It is my hope that we'll get to hear as many of them as possible!
    • Like x 9
  10. Eve YouTuber

Even if the plan is to recast at some point, I do hope we get to keep hearing all the old voice over he did for the game. After all, Kevin's Batman was and will always be my mentor. ^_^
    • Like x 5
  11. WritingDesk Developer

Of course! We have no plans to replace his existing lines.
    • Like x 4
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Maybe an episode, or part of an episode with both a recast Joker AND Batman to rip the band aid off all at once.
    • Like x 2