Remove Trade Feature and Chat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Furious Vee, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

Trade chat has become overwhelmed with toxicity, and is rarely ever about actually trading items. I think that the trade feature and trade chat should be removed. Not only will removing trade help the economy by forcing players to use broker, but it will also prevent scammers. As someone who uses trade chat to trade items, my messages are often blocked out by trolls who have too many toons for me to ignore.
  2. Eve YouTuber

I don't think this will fix the issue. And not everyone is trading in absurd prices, sometimes It's friends trading too. It's not the feature that the issue here. It's actions that needs to be taken against said players.
    • Like x 4
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

What if you wanna gift something, though? If it's an item you can mail it, but that's not very practical if you're in an instance or bounty group and wanna give a groupmate some colas when they're running low. And if you ever wanna give anyone in-game cash......
    • Like x 3
  4. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

The devs don't have to remove the trade chat you can doit yourself under setting so you don't see it any more
    • Like x 5
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

So sick of this woke cancel culture. It's raining outside so lets board up the whole village so nobody gets wet. You're a real problem solver. So glad to have you looking out for us.
    • Like x 1
  6. Limey Committed Player

Funny how before the term "cancel culture" was coined, it was just called accountability. But by all means, keep making everything political. God forbid y'all practice what you preach.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You know you can just hide the chat, and NOT personally do any trades, right?

The problem with your solution is it won't stop people from posting the same nonsense elsewhere, like LFG or shout(both are already pretty flooded with nonsense)...maybe moreso as they lose the trade chat outlet. So, should we get rid of LFG and shout next?
    • Like x 2
  8. Limey Committed Player

Just to add to this, people already use LFG as a secondary trade chat, in addition to shouting in HOL. Removing the trade chat completely is only going to make the secondary methods the new primary methods.
    • Like x 3
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

That's fine. It's not like LFG is already spammy -- oh, wait. Yes, it is. Yeah, no thanks. OP can just block the toxic players, like the rest of us already have to do for LFG and shout.
    • Like x 1
  10. Bloodwynd71 Active Player

Cancel culture bears no resemblance to accountability.
    • Like x 1
  11. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It does... it's just excessive action taken for minor offenses. Spme celebrity makes an offhand joke that may not have been appropriate impulsively on the spot without thinking. Sure... an error in judgement. Usually... barely even worth an apology in my eyes. Yet the whole world decides that this person deserves to be annihilated in everyway. Career? Over. Reputation? Ruined. Probably seriously messed up in the head and isolated because they spoke the words "you people" on television or something. The people responsible feeling justified in things like that kills me.
  12. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

I feel like this is a bigger conversation that needs to be had elsewhere, as this has no relevance to my thread.
    • Like x 2
  13. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

Thinking about it now, I realize that this wouldn't solve the overarching issue. Initially, I saw this as a way to end scamming and fix the economy. The trolls were not at the top of the priority list, although they can be annoying and there's no possible way to block them all. Then there's also the gold scammers. Regardless, even if this was a feature, I'm sure people will still find loopholes as they do everything else.
    • Like x 2
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Yep yep, I did just that!
    • Like x 3
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm wondering if a part of why you're so sick if it is that you mislabel situations as "woke cancel culture" despite them having nothing to do with woke cancel culture. Case in point...this thread.
    • Like x 1
  16. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm tempted to go on an unstoppable rant about why it's the same and how it irks me... but he's right. Neither the time nor place.

I don't always bite my tongue... but when I do... it's because i forgot I had teeth.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That's pretty much 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.

We could also fix the economy and end scamming by shutting down the game....that would work even better than ending trade....right? No...that would just be crazy....let's not do that.
  18. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Just pu to ignore list spammers and toxic ppl in these chats, one by one. Everyone do the same. Worth it. At the end a bunch of them will be arguing and forced to run with each other.

I love monkey see, monkey do ppl in these chats. To put them to ignore.
  19. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Easy fix: Remove the TRADE tab of your chat, you can do it from options menu....

And...Trade shouldn't be removed, I got my T3 Phoenix pet for free, thanks to a very good friend, and so many other stuff thanks to league mates...so...when you says "help the economy forcing people to use broker" you wanna mean, "I want to scam people with abusive prices"? because not exists any other logic reason to try to remove the trade option....
  20. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Well Said And Agreed