I kinda wish combat pets did a bit more

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Dene Devoted Player

Please.. I could barely check my mail lol - let alone get around lol
    • Like x 1
  2. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I'd be happy with being able to move them out of the way. Like, if you try to move, and they're in the way, either you can push them out of the way, or their AI makes them move themselves out of the way. And it's not just in SOBA instances. One of the reasons I stopped using the terminals in the Orrery is all the other players with their robots/Sorcery pets/Earth pets out, clustering around the terminals.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Though, I agree that it would be nice to spice it up a bit, but the reason why these have pretty much the same skinned attack is because of balance. The moment they change something else, they have to remove something else or it does and unintended buff.

The Lorax has it right, what we need is Support Pets. Ones that do something for your role when activating them. Start adding tier pets that are for different classes. They don't do damage, but can debuf or shield or heal, etc. Not to be confused with buffing trinket pets, like the seasonal ones. These give no stat changes, but do something themselves.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zero303 Well-Known Player

same i agrre with op.
    • Like x 1
  5. August Moon Well-Known Player

i would love to see different pets do different things , especially considering pet loadouts do exists for every role except troll. Having a trinket pet do things like gradually restore a percent of your power , or gradually heal you depending on your dom or resto, or pets that give a small boost to your other pets. Like a system of pets that all work in tandem with each other summoned by one character. Maybe having some iconic moves that boost your pets power or triggers their abilities so we dont have to rely on their janky ai.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Gadgets has suppressor turret and battle drone. ST does do CC and setup PIs, which BD is the power/shield SC.

I've been working on a battle controller pet build for Elite+ content, where the typical group makeup is 2 DPS, heal, and tank. Having power and debufs make it go smoother, albeit, maybe at the expense of a little time. That's a toss up, did GPe+ yesterday in 20 minutes, which was a record for my league runs. So maybe I'm onto something. Oh well, most people resist anything but DPS, so I wouldn't pug this build.