Mist-Empowered Villain Bounties

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

Is it me or is this very hard to achieve at all? I've been looking around for these bounties. Can't find them in Metro Battlezone. Fly around looking for them and using the location in the maps here. But no luck.

I know they stand out with their mist colours. I know what I'm looking for. I just can't find it in the known spots. I randomly flew around looking and didn't encounter anyone either.

I read that only 1 will spawn at a time? Seems a bit difficult in that odds. Must be very lucky to find the one you're after. Also I can't tell if I need to have the mission enabled for the feat to count.

Also searched in the forum and seems Black Adam is very hard to find as well.

How did people complete this now? Was this DLC forgotten after people completed the feat?
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This mission has been glitched for a long time now, at least one year, and longer than that from what I understand.
  3. Prindacerk Committed Player

:(:(:( No point attempting it then. Will leave it. Abandoned DLC.
  4. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

It may be tied to player activity in the area. Been a long while but iirc the Braniac Sub-Avatar bosses in open world Gotham required at least one player nearby to trigger construction, and then the waiting game till that completed before the boss would spawn. Since these older open world zones are dead, it may require a player to wait around for a long while before they decide to spawn into the world.

(These older open world zones need an overhaul of the 'operations, instanced based queue system' for grouping)
    • Like x 1
  5. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

I don't have the feat completed on my hero character, but speaking on the villains side I was able to complete it a few months ago. You don't need the mission for them to appear and only 1 spawns at a time, and after defeating them the next one will spawn immediately after in a different location, sometimes really close. For videos, there seems to be only the bounty locations for the villains side which is the one I used, the tricky part which may be an issue you're having is that some of the actual spawn points are outside of the orange boundaries. The Black Adam equivalent on the villains side is Hawkman and yes they are the rarest spawns but they do appear, I've spotted the other bounties for the heroes in the open world before.

• Like x 1
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

I completed that feat a few months ago (it was before the Black Adam Episode was released, maybe a month or two before it), without any issue. I got into a group that was spamming and got it done in a few hours.
    You dont need to have the mission to get the count. Unlike the Dr. Light bounty, which you do must have the mission to get the count going.

Black Adam is the rare Bounty, but if you get a group spamming it for the feats, youll end up finding him eventually.
    • Like x 1
  7. Prindacerk Committed Player

Guess I need to look for a group who can help farm these bounties feat.
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Us server? If i see u on i can lend a hand

Edit: i misread i think, i thought u were asking for the villain side bounties help, not the hero bounties, my bad
  9. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Villain side:
    Consists of Blue Mist and Green Mist. Both are far from each other. Only 1 bounty is spawned in total. So it’s either in blue or in green. There are 6 spots in each color to where they can spawn at.

Blue: Black Canary, Flash, Power girl, Black lightning
    Green: Martian Manhunter, Booster Gold, Wildcat, Hawkman

I know the spots by memory but dunno how to post a pic here. Each bounty has a mist light that points upwards like seasonals have for pots of gold and all that. When it comes to the green area, start on west-end street by lex tower and then move southwest a few blocks and that’s that area. Blue is where the interstate has its on/off ramps before it goes over the north water and they will be at that spot and then northwest out to the waterline. In blue, one does spawn half way up a glass building few blocks west of the on/off ramps, it sucks when it flash as he falls off easily, ironic it seems.

They spawn randomly to the point that they can spawn where you just defeated them at, so don’t be in a haste to go looking when it could be right where you were at! Then, if you don’t see any in that color, go fly to the other spot and look.

Hawkman only spawns in the green area.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was about to say the same thing as Essential Exobyte, except for Hero side....I forgot the Villain locations a while back. No, you do not need the mission, although if you have it active you will see the orange search areas which helps if you are unfamiliar with the area. Once you have a good search pattern, you can generally find one in a minute at most including fly/travel time, from there, depending on your group size, burning them could take a min or 10 (all are soloable with a good 'battle' build). The same rules apply as Villain though, only 1 at a time total, so if you are spinning around in Yellow looking for one and can't find it...and you know you looked at all 5 or 6 spots (thought it was 5) they spawn in, go to Red or vice versa. BTW, those maps seem accurate (except the south most spot for Bruno....that's not a spawn point), but don't worry about who spawns where, just make a route that hits all the points shown. If you are looking for Ursa for example, and just went by the 1 spot shown...she could be in any of the other spots...or it could be someone else. You can't really search out 1 particular villain, unless you are willing to find whoever spawns, trigger them, then fly away to let them despawn and try again, but as this is a 50 count feat total, just kill whoever shows and get the next one...the list will complete itself, generally by 15 or 20 counts done.

I've done the Hero ones enough I don't even have to look at the forward view, just the mini map....this was a necessity on PS3 originally as the mini map would load quicker so it kept me from having to pause to let the screen finish rendering. I know that single red dot in his/her place when I see it. Villains I'd need to refresh myself.

Now....I haven't done these in a while, so if some weird glitch is happening where they do NOT spawn anymore...well that could be a thing...but I just checked a min ago and found Bruno, then Parasite, then Parasite again, then Metallo. I was just triggering them and letting them despawn, but I found those in all of about 5 min....spawns seem to be working just fine. If you aren't finding them, you aren't looking in all the right spots.

However, I have never seen one respawn in the exact same place 2 in a row. I know they spawn immediately upon defeat as I've been in groups where we'll be killing one and as soon as they go down, someone else who is already searching has shouted 'here!' or 'got Parasite' or whatever one spawned. I suppose Villain side could be different, but I've never personally seen it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Stranger Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  12. Prindacerk Committed Player

Maybe it was bad timing or something. For the love of me, I was flying to all those spots by marking a waypoint and going there and didn't find one. After about 30 minutes, I found Scarecrow but he kicked my *** and disappeared. Didn't feel like searching again so I quit.
  13. Prindacerk Committed Player

Sorry. The bounties are on villains. I'm playing as a hero. But on EU server. I copied the title from the dcuo wikia page.
  14. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

If trying to solo these as a non-tank it's very doable, just make sure your build has some combination of 2+ shields, sources of healing (through your own power or arts etc), pets (divert aggro), and additional OP items (to increase survivability with defense).
  15. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

From memory, Black Adam spawns at the train/rail station. Not quite in the area 'under' the building but close enough that he can be hard to spot just passing through.