Episode 45: Everything we know so far!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Mar 27, 2023.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DC Comics purchased Milestone Media several years ago. Any character introduced by Milestone is now property of DC.
    • Like x 2
  2. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Exited for this. Hoping to see icon
    • Like x 3
  3. Skoll Well-Known Player

I can’t help but feel the devs deciding to do a Milestone centric episode has some real “malicious compliance” undertones to it. People were rightfully whining about the Trinity getting more centric episodes than most, so they’ve gone to completely obscure characters for an entire Episode. I don’t mind Milestone, but I’d bet 99% of people don’t know or care for anyone except Static at most. I think it was Charon who said a long while ago they were planning some Lantern focused episode and that was during Dark Knights, so I’d hope that’s still happening. But maybe not, who knows.

I don’t see this Episode bringing in a noticeable amount of players tbh.
  4. Eve YouTuber

I think you're over complicating things. Their plans must've changed since Charon left anyway. Saying it's malicious is just silly on all fronts. It's literally exploring more characters and I've seen a bunch of people saying they're happy to see milestone characters.

Thanks I wasn't aware of that
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

These aren't obscure characters. If anyone has watched Young Justice they'll recognize Rocket and Icon.
    • Like x 5
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, I don't know much about Milestone, but I do know Icon, Rocket, and Static and IMHO "nobody knows these characters" is only more reason to make an episode around something even if we grant it being true, especially when the game's trying to mix things up. Like.... most people that weren't themselves comics fans and invested in that world wouldn't have known who the Guardians of the Galaxy were before the movie came out, but now look. I find it weird for Skoll or anyone to complain about a game like this introducing more people to characters they may not be familiar with TBH.

I also don't know much about the New Gods and Apokolips side of DC and I'm sure the same is true of others as well, but many people do know and love it and we got an episode for that. I don't know much about Constantine, but we got JLD and the Artifacts mission and now I'm interested in learning more because it endeared me to the character.

Also.... not everything the game does is about bringing in new players. Sometimes they do stuff just..... to add content for the players already here. Also also, be wary of such predictions. It's often the things you wouldn't necessarily expect that do well. (Also I think Skoll is underestimating how many Milestone fans there are and how big of fans they are.)
    • Like x 2
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

It didn’t interest me in the slightest. Till i saw “Ebon” NOW im pumped. Never ever thought id see Ebon in this game in my wildest dreams. Bonus points if Hotstreak has a surprise appearance too
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I’d really like to see hardware and steel together in some content together.
    • Like x 2
  9. Eve YouTuber

Full look at Rocket posted by Mepps just now;
    [IMG]
    I WANT HER JACKETTTTTTTTTTTTTT and those earrings!
    • Like x 7
  10. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah everything looks cool I definitely like her hairstyle and face style.
    • Like x 4
  11. Tolly Committed Player

I think that in DCUO we are subjected to everything that readers don't like in comic book history...
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I mean, seeing how DC brought Milestone back recently, I'm guessing there've been a lot of people wanting to see these characters again. The fact that DC hasn't cancelled them again should be a pretty good indicator of the demand for these characters.
    • Like x 2
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

People are going to want that head style!!
    • Like x 2
  14. Eve YouTuber

I want the whole style xD
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m very excited for this episode. I grew up in static shock, JLU. So this will be a nostalgia trip haha
    • Like x 1
  16. Limey Committed Player

Welp, looks like there were delays. Hopefully this upcoming week. It'd be nice to get both the new lantern slimline AND new episode around the end of April. :D
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Icon and the Icon style has been highly requested. :)
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Why settle for the head when you can have it all!!

All of it!!! ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

EBON!!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4