I kinda wish combat pets did a bit more

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

Just saying, not EVERY new combat pet has to just do damage with a beam attack. Give them a heal, power restore, player shield, or taunt ability once in a while

Feels like a big missed opportunity with the Juvenile Phoenix not having a heal when that's their main gimmick in game

or the Motherbox not having a shield, power restore, or heal when they're these godly ai directly powered by the Source known for having unimaginable powers
    • Like x 4
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

You're referring to the trinket pets? I agree. They are all pretty much re-skins of each other.
    • Like x 2
  3. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Blossoming Spore/Death Blossom functions differently, it does damage and also heals the team. A good addition for healer and tank utility belts.
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I wish side kicks didn’t share a cool down with henchmen and provided a stronger shielded a stronger heal a stronger power out and stronger damage
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Actually scratch this I wish side licks were moved to iconics and it did the same damage as robot side kick remove all the rest of the stuff it does I’d much rather have the side kick following me then the robot
    • Like x 1
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I wish they'd get out of the way.
    • Like x 9
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I was thinking about this, why can't they make them operate higher up so they're not causing traffic jams all the time?
  8. Raven Roth Committed Player

It feels like only the seasonal pets get something besides generic damage
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So what you're asking for is a support pet and not a combat pet.
    • Like x 3
  10. Skoll Well-Known Player

All those things you mentioned, they could just give them to pets that are free to obtain and won’t make them any money, but… how about they give those exact abilities to another legendary ally, make em 500sm or slap a $20 tag in the marketplace, then make you go through a painstaking grind to get all of the alliances?
    • Like x 1
  11. zNot Loyal Player

True but aslong as the devs maintaince the balance of the game and dont create new OP metas id be fine with it. Allies so far havent been gamebreaking and i hope it will remain like this.
  12. Tolly Committed Player

Why not allow a choice system like you can have with the allies?

Personally, I would like them to be more resistant, lately, I find that they fall too easily, the emblematic robot mainly.

I'd like to finally have the ability to change the iconic robot skin to an accessory skin, or some accessory skin that can be compatible with that.
  13. Limey Committed Player

Yup. All I want for Christmas is no collision physics on pets so I can dodge roll out of the way, instead of dodge rolling into a wall of robots, sidekicks, and henchmen.
    • Like x 3
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

while I'm totally behind you as it would bring back a feature of past pets that is super missing from newer ones

BUT...

I see why they are all so similar now there is a reason behind them and henchmen.
    its so you can pick the one that fits your style the best instead of having to use what ever is strongest you can match it to your character.

so a solution to this would be
    make two versions of new pets one for DPS that's largely the same in all aspects except aesthetics
    and with each new one have one with a role perk so that those that aren't damage can also have options
    • Like x 1
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Except henchmen damage does vary quite dramatically, especially for AoE. You really need to use something like Water Golems or Circe's Bestiamorphs which do around 2x the damage of - for example - the lair themed ones.
    • Like x 1
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea I hate that tho as its breaking the point of them in my mind they should all be on par with each other to keep from metas developing on them as a lot use them be we dont all want to be using the same ones. they should go back and touch up those lair ones they have fallen seriously behind
    • Like x 1
  17. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

Introducing role-specific pets would be great.

Pets AND NPC-Allies need to have collision severely limited or removed - especially on dmg-useless NPC allies. The new content is a perfect example. Narrow hallways with NPCs and typically several pets all blocking routes. The only upside is that it becomes detrimental to idiot behavior like players skpping as many adds as possible, forsaking team members that are trying to play normally, and trying to get to and trigger boss fights to do the least amount of work -- also perfectly exemplified by said content.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You can bring your support pet with you into Target :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Dene Devoted Player

I used artifact xp week to completely change my artufacts, loadout and focus to be pet free (except trinket) - sick of the collisions, blocking, noises etc
    • Like x 1
  20. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Wait, you guys are getting to dodge roll with pets around? :p