Kicking a player from instance for ''no reason'' should be taken as a toxic behavior too @Daybreak

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Mar 26, 2023.

1. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Oh, wow. Core memory unlocked!
    • Like x 3
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Mhm, Summer vacation spent at Grandma’s house :)
    • Like x 3
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I dunno, man. useful tip: if you're in there for the briefings / investigations, unless it's an area you can't return to, you go back & grab your bits once the raid / alert is done. if it is an area you can't return to, you tell everyone before you leave: " hang on a moment, guys, gonna grab the briefings / investigations." all sorted.
    • Like x 3
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This is excellent advice. I always do that at the end of the alert / raid and go back. Please note that there is a timer limiting how long you can tarry around in there looking for investigations / collections.
    • Like x 2
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

my mother forced those upon me I feel repressed memory's trying to resurface.. *shakes head as thoughts of bo and hope try to surface*
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

another useful tip. turn the music down. turn the sound effects up. you can hear them! knocks a whole lot of time off it.

stick with me, Tiff, mate! I got this! :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

or just use batman now
    • Like x 5
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have Batman now! Yes, my league mates convinced me to use an ally.
    • Like x 4
  10. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

*Coughs* not me I hope.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Mmmmm…. Purrhaps =^_^=

Oh I also got the Transformation Card this morning too
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's really one of the main reasons I'm less communicative on PS vs PC. What's really frustrating is when you are 90% of the way through typing something at the end of a run, then the scorecard comes up...and negates anything you typed already.

Was running both new raids last night and was quick trying to type in 'hey, next we are doing ROER if anyone is interested, PST me' and around T in 'PST' the card came up. By the time I cleared the card and re-typed most of the group had walked out.

It's really annoying for trying to explain mechanics or feats, or requesting anything. Now granted, some type faster than others, but if I'm on one of my PC toons I'm always 100% more inclined to typing with the KB. I'd put one on the PS, but it wouldn't work well with my setup in the living room.
    • Like x 2
  13. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Even if you have Batman, the humming sound can help you pinpoint where the orb is, especially in those cases where the level designer decided to hide it (looking at you, "The Path to Perdition" #1!).
    • Like x 3
  14. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

How about a wireless keyboard? My PC is in my bedroom, but I use a wireless mouse and keyboard because my TV is my monitor, and I don't have a desk. When I was still playing on XBOne, I'd just take the keyboard and plug it into the XBox anytime I didn't want to mess with the virtual keyboard.

When I'm playing games, I just stand the keyboard on its edge, against the TV tray I use for my mouse. If I need to type, I pick it up and put it on my lap (or balance it on my knees when the cats decide it's lap time).
    • Like x 2
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Obvious question: why not just get a USB keyboard? If you're one of the few people in the world who doesn't have an old one laying around somewhere - you can get one for under 10 bucks, probably way under if you shop around for a second-hand one. If I didn't have one hooked up to my PS, I'd probably never use chat in DCUO, even for as much as "gg". And it's useful for opening menus, without fumbling with the wheel, as well as other shortcuts.

Edit: Oops, ninja'd... Guess I'm not the first person to come up with this innovative solution. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Does PS have a chatpad like Xbox does? It really does work extreme wonders. Never have to take your hands off of the controller. Ultra fast typing. Highly recommend.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Stefano DiMera is going to be the next Boss level villain.
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've used them before on PS, and have tons on hand (hoarder here), but with my living room setup now, it's not going to work very well as I'd need to lay USB cables across the middle of the floor. Wireless is an option, but unless I'm getting a decent bluetooth one, that means sitting about 5-6 feet away from the TV....and my eyes are bad enough already. Besides, the PS4 only has 2 USB ports, and one already has a USB external drive in it and the 2nd has my charging dock plugged in. I suppose the PS5 has more ports, but I haven't quite fully migrated to it yet. It's a lot of ring around the rosey changes to better access something (group chat) I'm already not that worried about. It would be an option for sure...but so is NOT using text chat and going about my own business. If I need to communicate something important, 'GC' or 'IC' doesn't take that long to type in. Whether people come to chat or not is on them.

I was only affirming what Proxy had said....I wasn't really lamenting it's impact to me. Typing on the controller is a pain....facts. If the controller typing was a bit easier, I'd probably type things in more, but I'm also not losing sleep over it.;)
    • Like x 1
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

For what it's worth, the one time I tried a bluetooth KB, it sucked. Way too much latency. Way too many dropped keystrokes. What I use right now is a cheap non-BT Logitech KB. It has pretty decent range -- right now, I'm typing from far enough away that I can't even read the letters on the screen.

Anyway, if you don't use chat that often, it probably doesn't matter anyway. I mean, I do have the keyboard (because PC), and I really only pay attention to chat if I'm in a group that's using it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I'm a PC player so don't need the solution, but you are right, connecting a keyboard to your PS can be helpful.