Kicking a player from instance for ''no reason'' should be taken as a toxic behavior too @Daybreak

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Mar 26, 2023.

1. myandria Item Storage

Umm..

Been there, done that, doesn't work.

The public forums are the BEST places to talk about this; they give validity and support to any and all tickets submitted about this matter.

The ignore function is limited; it's only character based, not account based. There are other forum threads about the ignore functions' usefulness, so you can research and read them for yourself.
    • Like x 1
  2. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

The worst thing about it is those who kick a person thinking they are targeting the right person, when in the end they may not have been the real problem of the group...

Unfortunately for this, there will never be a perfect system...
    • Like x 1
  3. KidKretz Committed Player

after talking with both parties, i have figured out the best way to settle this, which is to get to the root cause.

the kicker stated the omni raid was taking too long. and why do omni raids take too long? because of the stat clamp!!!!

that's right, we settle this by hijacking this thread with a conversation about stat clamps!!!!

BOOM!! NAILED IT!!! :D
    • Like x 3
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Mailed it! I mean nailed it! :p
    • Like x 2
  5. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

We all know why stats are clamp 70% not only in old content but also end game. That reason is its the easiest way for the devs to sit back and not actually fix any balance issues. If they revamp the game and made stats matter without a clamp right now without balance we would one shot everything. Trust me it's alot more fun watching everyone get koed and watch them try to get back up only to be koed again and again and again. Hell I'm maxed out and happens to me all the time. The best part is when others don't have artifacts but you do it feels like you're attacking a brick wall
    • Like x 3
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Why stop there? The root cause is that you have to run raids at all. Why not just do away with all of that boring content and just have the queues pop, you accept the instance and then just get the marks, the loot and the participation trophies. No loading screens, no lag, no sweat, no annoying mechanics, no rehashed assets, no scorecard, no toxicity, no drama - so many problems solved just like that...

Actually - why stop there? The actual root cause is that the game is up and running. Shut down the servers and everyone can move on with their lives... :)
    • Like x 2
  7. KidKretz Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Well. I have accepted the face the <REDACTED> is here to stay. Pro-<REDACTED> need to accept that others do not have to like the <REDACTED>. So lighten up, you guys, you won, you won. Enjoy your victory.

It's entertaining now to watch pro-<REDACTED> get their panties in a wad over the mere mention of someone not liking the <REDACTED>. So lighten up.

Back to subject: sometimes when a raid goes badly unfortunately someone inevitably becomes the scapegoat and all the blame for the failure falls on that person. A vote to kick is initiated most likely after insults are slung back & forth. We as players need to just take a moment to calm down and be nicer to one another.
    • Like x 3
  9. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I'm sure I don't know what you mean. My underwear's very comfy, thank you very much. :) I'm just coming up with solutions to problems presented in this and many other threads. The main one being that many people seem to forget that this is just a game and they're miserable because of petty drama of a virtual phantasy world...
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

In the Homecoming event I ran the alert with 3 guys. 1 was afk. Right before boss fight I started an attempt to kick afk guy. No one responded so it failed. In a few seconds I find myself on loading screen then out of the instance. The afk guy pmed me: karma gets you. Ohh and he was in pwny or individuals on eu...
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

My typical take on these scenarios is that rarely is the true story ever revealed and more often than not the kicking occurs because the person being kicked has not communicated what they're doing.

If you're going to be exploring for collections, briefings and so forth (which is perfectly fine) then do yourself and the group you're running with the courtesy of communicating what is going on so that there is understanding, if they then continue to kick you they're clearly jerks, the alternative of course is that they'll assist you with your quest.

I know typing on a controller isn't always the easiest but do yourself a favor and take the time to still actually do it.

The default position taken by most groups is always just going to be "time efficiency at all cost, unless otherwise communicated"
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    Get with the program or get the hell outta my way:p
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. Whoru New Player

Last awnser to ur baby talk *we* Kicked u bcs u were afk for too long thats it u were toxic afterwards so i reported u thats it xD just stop cry now and play the game and maybe build a grp for ur stuff and not omnibus raids
  16. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Em, no that's not how voting works. Pressing the button for a kick is a very decisive act.
  17. BƖack Dedicated Player

I wasn't afk... just stop lying and stop pretending that you are a victim of this conflict. The truth is that you were just hurry and that's why u kicked me. Even Alex says that you did wrong and you could wait.

I stopped for a moment 1-2 min max to pick a briefing that's why we queued up wtith Alex on Prison Break... he also was looking for a briefings, he even said that on the chat at the beginning... for that reason i couldn't keep up to follow the group.but once i picked the briefing i was just about to come back to the group and then i got kicked by you. That's the truth, Alex can confirm that. So keep acting like you're a victim kiddo.

Edit: Welcome to my ignore list. End of discussion.
  18. BƖack Dedicated Player

You're right but it doesn't change the fact that some people and i mean here mostly pug groups that some of them just vote blindly "just to press any button".
  19. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Like sands thru the hourglass, so are the days of DCUO lives.....
    • Like x 7
  20. myandria Item Storage

Cue the intro! :D

• Like x 3