Calling usps sweats- it’s comp time

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Trykz, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

Now that y’all got some 200s
    Let’s comp!

I’d like to set a standard methodology for dps comps.

I have some ideas but want to hear yours on how to create
    The most even playing field possible. (Or maybe you prefer an all out no holds barred type of comp?)

Before you comment with the “score board broke, it’s a multiplayer game, etc.”
    Yes, I know, damn can I just have fun how I wanna?
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You know you need you two of every role to set a fair DPS comp?
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

Pretend like idk anything.
    What would you do set up a comp Lorax.
  4. Skoll Well-Known Player

What? If you want a dps comp just call out some leagues in chat and say you want a comp. It’s saturday night during x2 week, most people will be back playing for a few days and then it’ll be pretty barren afterwards.
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Ain't this the level of toxicity everyone's been trying to avoid lolz
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Your best bet is to go with a league. Two of every role. If you have 5 DPS for example then enemies will die too quick and the winner would be whoever kills the adds fastest. The support players should avoid doing too much attacking.
    • Like x 1
  7. Trykz Dedicated Player

I don’t think competition is inherently toxic?

This is for fun. Not looking to belittle anyone.
    • Like x 1
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

The issue I see is if the competitor is running in a full league group, who’s to prevent the league from boosting their boy?
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

What about a no arts comp? Run it old school lol
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nothing is stopping you from buffing yourself outside the instance either. Once you get into the instance there are no single target buffs so someone can pop an Omega which buffs everyone. Controller buffs affect everyone unless it's Prec vs Might and the Controller isn't swapping between Tetrahedron/Cog.
    • Like x 1
  11. Trykz Dedicated Player

I was thinking more of the healz and eog placement.
    Since running a 222 maybe a bring your own heal bring your own troll?
    Or a no buff troll no eog heal?
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nothing stopping you from standing next to the healer or tank if they're running EoG. You're getting the same benefit as the other DPS. If would make things easier if both Heals were rocking EoG and both were standing within range.
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

I’m melee. The healer rarely gets close enough for me, unless of course, it’s “my” healer.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

In another reply you said this:

So if it's for fun, what do you care if a league decides to boost their friend?

You may feel that it isn't inherently toxic, but given parts of the playerbase it probably wouldn't take much for the whole thing to turn that way.
  15. Trykz Dedicated Player

Well it is still a competition. I believe competition should be fair, so I would want any available buffing to be available to any competitors equally.

Which also ties into my response to the second part of your comment,

As to the likelihood of any competition turning sour? I agree, it could deteriorate quickly, however, that’s precisely why I’m here, having this discussion with some of the people who know the game, and the community, the best. I believe having a leveled playing field and a fair structured environment for any competition would be the best possible way to proactively prevent as much of the slide into toxicity as possible.

Some people can’t take an L gracefully even under the best of circumstances, that’s unavoidable, but that’s by far the minority imo. Why stop trying to do something fun just because the minority has a bad reaction to a loss, instead of viewing it as a goal to progress. Besides I’m not looking to do just me vs a horde lmao. If we get enough people to compete, and more than once, we could easily set up round robins and have some really fun comps! Think FNF but for pve lol.
  16. Trykz Dedicated Player

Let’s assume an omega and buff soda/pretzel/whatever
    Come buffed up and ready.
    The inequality, as far as comp goes, I think lies in the support roles.
    Eog heals, might or prec troll, eog tank.
    That’s what would have to be pre determined I believe?
    Who’s supplying what. Or do we outsource for comps? Or do we have static?
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

Maybe a once with my league and once with yours on the same raid and the dmg is totaled?
  18. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

That's half the battle. It's damage per second. Not let's "wait for DoTs" to do the work. If you're there a second earlier... you're doing your job. Your mentality on the subject slightly triggers me. Guess we should all just build might based specs around the idea of being a solo dps. That makes so much sense.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd say you go power troll with standard buffs if you want to keep it even. If you have a swapping troll, it could be he swaps in more tetra vs cog...or vice versa. Straight 'standard' trolling to keep it an even playing field. Or claw with both tetra and cog in at all times and a 2nd troll for debuffs.

But I hate comps, so what do I know? Get yo sweat on though!
    • Like x 1
  20. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

For it to be fair, no green or orange eog or art swap tho.