Dcuo New Gens And Pc Update!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MystoganJella, Mar 20, 2023.

1. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

I can’t remember I know it was in one of the development letters but In the future aren’t we to see new revamp and quality of life changes come to the game one day if I’m not mistaken I think mepps said it was being worked on things looking great but that’s all that was shared I believe

Side Note: GO DEVS!! whoot whoot the new dlc map and character design looking really neat keep it up :)
    • Like x 4
  2. Eve YouTuber

They are slowly adding QoL changes, like the feats UI additions within content or on duty. They never said a revamp was coming, and if it isn't coming from Mepps it's probs fake for the most part. New Gens updates hopefully soon, it's taken them very long time
    • Like x 4
  3. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

Since the Daybreak's owners are based on the other side of the pond, the war situation may have complicated several things, possibly including how the game is funded to some degree or another. The other aspect would be key vacancies on staff not being filled. To my knowledge, they're still in need of a director, leads and an executive producer, which is a big one. No idea who DI's new CEO is, if there is one that isn't interim. (Though i'm unaware if DI or Daybreak themselves are handling the new gen ports, though would figure it's Daybreak, considering it's not just one game that's looking to be updated).
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Who is Sweden at war with???
    • Like x 1
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Norway, but it's a very passive aggressive war, with both sides saying they'll do something, and then changing their minds.
    • Like x 3
  6. RTX Well-Known Player

QoL changes beeing made over time, as Zoe said. Also Legendary NPC´s are getting updated over time (3D Models) aswell as lighting and Textures. However those who expect a huge graphic upgrade due to future plans stating a PS5 port, will probably get disappointed.

Upgrading the whole "graphics content" in this game would take a long time, and many people working on it. At this moment the resources for that do not exist.

If they would have it, we would see 3D Model changes within new Maps/Environment like the upcoming "Dakota City" (Or a whole different style of creating the environment "poly count" etc.) They obviously wouldn´t want to rework it a few months later.

Don´t expect them to rebuild the game within a new engine. The benefits of that wouldn´t fit anyway, since we dont need ultra realistic lighting, shadows, reflections etc. in a "cartoonish" game.

I´m pretty sure many people got misinformed by enad 7´s entry statements:

[IMG]

Entry Statement, i believe:

[IMG]

As we can see, you shouldn´t put trust into that.

Like everyone else, i wish we would see updated models within new maps, however that requires someone remodeling (trees, street lights etc).

The question which would remain, to what "level of graphics" you update it, since 2023 standart are photogrammetry/3d scan models, optimized for games. However that wouldn´t fit into the theme of what DCUO is, atleast in my opinion. Maybe you know of any game which marks the minimum graphic level you would expect of an update/upgrade.

Remember that is has to fit older hardware specs and the theme.
    • Like x 1
  7. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Yes! The QOL Been really neat and I’m glad they keeping it up here and there for sure and like they say one step at a time thank you so much for the response Zoe this game is amazing can’t wait for what the future holds:)
    • Like x 1
  8. Dene Devoted Player

indecisive procratinating timid agression lol
  9. Limey Committed Player

So, empty threats so far? Does that constitute a "war"? I mean by that definition, North Korea has been at war with like 2/3 of the planet for some time now?
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He was being sarcastic.
  11. Limey Committed Player

Ah yes, that thing that always translates flawlessly in text form.
    • Like x 2
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah that's it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Zero303 Well-Known Player

russia is threatening sweden tho. its very annoying. all our famous ppl are "*****" and such.

oh and i hope its a graphics update now. 8 hours. eeeew.
  14. Limey Committed Player

Russia and North Korea like to threaten everyone, though.
    • Like x 1
  15. Zero303 Well-Known Player

one day they gonna threten the wrong person. anyways lets keep it on topic ? graphic update unreal 5?
    *hoping*
  16. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Nah, I think it's REDengine. Can't wait for that raytracing!
    • Like x 1
  17. Zero303 Well-Known Player

damn i dont have raytracing on my card i think. my computer is older then me lol..
  18. Limey Committed Player

An updated game engine isn't about vastly superior graphics, it's about ease of coding, it's about tech/tool improvements that allow the developers to do more innovative things, and simplify things from a coding mechanics standpoint. It really isn't about making DCUO look like the Injustice games, it's about the improvements Epic Games made to Unreal 4 or 5 over Unreal 3, it's about the toolkits that come with said engine, it's more about updating the games framework to allow the developers to do more, or spend less time doing the same things they have been.

But yes, it would take a substantial amount of time to rebuild the game on a new engine. I'm sure they do actually have the staff and resources, but allocating those resources to a rebuild would mean we likely wouldn't get any game updates or episode releases for a year or more because the entire team would be needed for the rebuild effort to be completed in 1-2 years.
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Right. Because even if they didn't need to rebuild it from the ground up for the new engine, they likely would want to completely rebuild it to make it more modular, and easier to update. I'd love to see it happen, but it's kind of a pipe dream when the dev team is that small.
  20. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

On 8 March 2023, the Government presented a bill proposing that the Riksdag approve Sweden's accession to NATO. On 22 March 2023, the Riksdag approved Sweden's accession to NATO. Sweden can become a full NATO member country once all of the member countries have ratified Sweden's application for NATO membership.