Competetive raiding

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Baelor, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I do feel strong in End Game, that’s why I put in the effort to get Elite gear and max my stats out. Certainly doesn’t matter in EEG. I try to stay in End Game as much as possible. As you correctly said, you don’t need the best of anything for EEG, time spent on getting the best and going back to EEG is time wasted. You will only be +15 above and it’s just wasted effort. Just stick with basic green gear and whatever level arts / augments.

Our group was 3 DPS and 1 Healer.

To me, and maybe I have the wrong attitude about this, I feel like if I am the only high ranking player in there and all the other low ranking players have fallen, I should still be able to complete a boss fight without any fear of failure by virtue of me being such a high stat End Game player. I worked hard to max all my stats, my arts, and my augments to their highest levels. I put in the effort and time and I feel like I deserve more respect then… never mind. It is what it is. It makes me mad and sad at the same time and I don’t want to talk about this anymore.

Congratulations on soloing bounties. I applaud your accomplishments. They well earned and deserved.
    • Like x 3
  2. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Sounds like you need to hire a personal trainer... or a cheese delivery person. You might be able to afford me with a fortune 500 salary.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

First of all… WHAT?! I have no idea what you are talking about.

Secondly, I do work for a Fortune 500 company and our customers are other Fortune 500 / 100 companies in both the USA and Europe.
    • Like x 1
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Tired of the Vampire Lord keeping you down? Feeling weak and helpless? Look no further! Introducing Cyclonic's education services and carry services. Only 50 bucks an hour! But that's not all... there's currently a promotion going on for up to 75% off!
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

No thank you. I have never been carried and I don’t intend to start now. :)
    • Like x 3
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the players your talking about I would recommend not idolizing them. as that is regard that's misplaced
    • Like x 1
  7. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Stats are not everything. Playing EEG without "god mode" is good practice and learning experience. They can't clamp your skills and knowledge of the game.

My last group there was a PUG with 3 DPS and a troll, everyone but me under-geared. It was very satisfying when we finally beat it. I did most of the damage, but everyone's input mattered.

Personally, when I'm the only high CR player in an alert and the other players have fallen - I feel I should pick them up. Or die trying, even if I can beat the boss solo - which I often can, if I know the mechanics, the boss's attacks and how to counter them. It's group content, teamwork is important, even though I mostly play with strangers, or rather - friends I haven't met before. ;)

It used to be that one "elite" player, who maybe got carried to EG CR by their league/friends, could go into any EEG alert, or raid, thrash all the adds and bosses, leave all the "n00bs" in the dust, not caring about pickups or mechanics - because they didn't need to. It didn't make anyone happy. The "n00bs" felt useless, the "elite" was bored. I don't believe that made the game, or the community better.

I'll take that at face value, so - thank you. :) But I didn't mean to brag - it's just an example of how strong you can be in this game, clamp, or no clamp, even without cheese. Many players better than me can solo bounties with much lower stats.
    • Like x 2
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

Ive only gone through the first page but before i continue, and Im sure its been said many times. Competitive Raiding doesnt exist here and there is no way to tell "who" made World First as we dont have a way to monitor in game things like that. I too am a World First viewer in WoW, but thats there. Not here. This is the Casual of Casual MMOs and there's nothing wrong with that. Also, Competitiveness like that isnt balanced at all due to this game's Artifact system and them being on the MP. The Hardcore or Competitive nature in this game isnt based on Gameplay and knowledge, its based on Money spent on Arts and Knowledge.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I meant it as a compliment, you should be proud of your accomplishments.
    • Like x 2
  10. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I thought you did - you don't strike me as the sarcastic type. :) But pride is a sin - I've been told - and comes before fall, so I'll try not to let it go to my head. ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Ofc you not. That's why you playing only as DPS and crying about stat revamp in every place you can... When someone call you a bad player you should to learn and growth, but not mindlessly pew-pew-pewing around.;)
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I hope I am not misunderstanding what you are saying. I have not been carried in this game. I worked hard for everything I achieved here. I have played this game for NINE YEARS, so when someone tells me I am a “bad player” they are saying it as an insult and definitely not to help anyone. If their intend was to help they firstly wouldn’t accuse someone of being a bad player but instead would offer points of improvement or have you thought about doing that this way. Accusing some one of being a bad player is an outright attack on them. Just as accusing them of being a liar is an outright attack on them.

I play DPS for 2 reasons: 1) I like it 2) when I was a tank I was mistreated very badly back when I first started playing. Even after I switched to DPS at the advise of my sister, I still mistreated but due to having low stats. I swore no one would mistreat me again in this game so I have always worked hard to be the best DPS and have the highest stats possible not only here but in the other games I play as well.

So yes I will always be bitter about the stat clamp. If my being bitter irritates the pro clampers then so be it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

So... You couldn't to tank properly and... BOOM!!! Switched to DPS - easiest role in the game. Instead of learning mechanics, timings and asking for advice from exp players you choosed easy way and was carried due to your low stats(I guess low "skill"\exp). All your stories about "hard work" it's nothing more than exuses. All you did is chased for stats, but... stats is not everything in DCUO... Stats is matter and "skill"\exp is matter. Stat Clamp show this very good. Good players don't have problem with clamp. They still good in EG and in EEG. They carry pugs in omni runs and they able to solo bounties... And they not afraid blind queue. But you... "Oh, I never go eeg(I guess not only eeg) without my league. Oh,I like to play DPS. Oh, I like oneshot everything in my way but can't anymore because bad devs stealed my precious stats."
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Instead of getting defensive and dramatic why don't you just like hang out with me for a day? I will teach you to appreciate the clamp. I'm bored. Wife and kids flew home to see the grandparents.
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

You wont have luck there, its not about why the stat clamp needed to be added.

Its that she lost some of her stats flat out. And unless those same stats are added back undermining the entire clamp itself, She will die on that hill, I dont understand it at all but it is what it is. lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I see I didn’t misunderstand after all.

“Don’t get defensive” Cyclonic says….. Yet this.

2014 I began playing DCUO as tank, yes I was mistreated badly and wanted to quit the game completely. I switched to DPS and Iiked it so I stayed as DPS to this day. I thought I was free to play this game however I pleased, I guess not.

I have played this game for hours learning DPS role and I most assure you I am skilled. If having friends and league mate whom I choose to play with means I was carried then we have different definitions to meaning of that word.

I don’t have a problem completing clamped content at all. I never have said I have a problem completing clamped content at all. I do not like EEG because of what it represents - a diminished reflection of my stats that yes I DID WORK HARD FOR, for nine years of playing this game. That is my problem with the clamp, not the difficulty of me completing it, which I can and do easily.

But please do continue with this false narrative of pew pew pew one shot everything.

So, in summary, I make no apologies for having friends, for enjoying playing as a DPS role, choosing to play only content I enjoy playing.

To my knowledge, I do not know you, I have never done anything to you, I have never said anything hateful about you to warrant this kind of response from you.
    • Like x 2
  17. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Girl, just let me help you.
  18. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

As long as speed hacking exists, it's a pointless endeavor, imo.
    • Like x 1