LFG FOR OLD CONTENT DEAD

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Falconstorm12, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Falconstorm12 New Player

I feel like we're simply ignoring the fact that its almost impossible to get players to run old content no matter how many times you shout it out on LFG chat and nothing is being changed about that. How does someone expect to get these lists of feats that you put into the game and expect someone to get it if nobody is going to run it. On top of that its not like we can solo any of the raids alerts etc considering the clamp function, so i want one of the devs to respond and simply give me an answer on how am i supposed to run any old content when honestly its considered dead? Because this something that should be talked about and addressed.
    • Like x 2
  2. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Time tokens need to implemented into the game. exactly how Ally favor works 44 episodes 44 kinds of time tokens. which convert into a new ep mark which can buy feats from that ep from a new vendor that they add to each eps. 10 point feats 10 hours 25 point feats 25 hours 50 points 50 hours problem solved watch how many players go back to play old content and stay a active. I can't tell u how many time iv been in a group for 4 hours trying for a feat and whole group gives up and we got nothing for our time played
    • Like x 2
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I thought doing more show cases would help like every piece of content do “fight for the light” gives double marks etc but … after this weekend seeing chaos Gotham dead and no one running the instances really. Tells me that won’t work either.

I was in chaos Gotham on Saturday afternoon and there were 9 of us in the server and no additional servers uspspc that was crazy to me
    • Like x 1
  4. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

I mean, when these events that offer extra marks are active, they aren't being advertised in game at all. Having to go through discord to learn about it shouldn't be the way it's handled, but the game's direction and capabilities has always been a sore spot. Just going through the open world Metro/Gotham base areas you see very, very few players actively playing campaign content. It's no wonder that episode specific open world zones are ghost towns outside of the very, very tail end of the spectrum.

Another reason why some kind of AI companion system of a more permanent nature would have helped.
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

I saved my Omnibus run for days after the reset, thinking I'd end up in a JLD run. Instead, I ended up in FO2.

It doesn't feel like they rotate enough showcases. It seems almost random besides the ones trying to encourage endgame content. With how much content there is, they have enough to run a showcase every week in addition to a bonus on top of it. If there was more of a pattern it would mitigate some of the communication issues.

Moreover, they should up the bonus on a showcase, at least for older source marks only content. A mere double marks is kind of lame versus just running something else twice. Unfortunately, with source marks you either use very little or you use a lot. I'd advise using them to buy stuff to sell on the broker, but the broker is highly susceptible to lag at the moment so that doesn't work as well as it should.
  6. El Ferchos Active Player

Talking with a friend about this from time to time, his suggestion was to implement what other games do: remove all maps and start a rotation of 4 dlcs content with all having their difficulty to what is nowadays: event for newest dlc (which should always be present in the rotation), normal and elite. That way it would be easier to find groups be lfg or omnibus, for example: SoBA, WoL ll, Titans and RwC. How do you guys see this suggestion?
  7. RTX Well-Known Player

I would remove the skillpoint system completly and exchange feats to give marks. (Obtained Skillpoints converted, to maybe Quarks and obviously per feat value not 1-1. Should be the best deal for all)

They choose to keep it, since there are long time game "players/supporters". Also skillpoints doesn´t seem to matter to much, as ObsidianChill states (Obviously if people would play Hybrid DPS or other roles, it would/does.) Also boosting HP with sp keeps him alive more often, i count that as benefit over new players and proves that they do matter.

8. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

They already do this for STU, so your suggestion would be to expand that from from 1 solo/duo, 1 alert, 1 raid, to 4 DLCs. Seems pretty close. Right now they pick 1 each based on theme, instead they could do DLC based.
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I couldn't even run the JLD content until yesterday evening, thanks to connectivity problems, or I would've been taking advantage of it. Or maybe not. I get my internet back at a level where I'm not lagging out constantly, and the first thing I get is a raid that requires platforming. >_<
  10. xGMZen Well-Known Player

when there is no more new players grinding....
  11. Emoney Dedicated Player

Um, it's pretty simple really, ya don't use lfg for old content unless it's elite. You open up your custom on duty and select the content you want to play. Omnibus then finds 1, 3 or 7 other players for you.

I solo que all the time, no problem. In fact, I made a new toon 5 days ago, and he is already 373cr, not once did I have an issue running old content. It actually slowed down when I got to the top three dlcs because Omnibus doesn't include those.
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

You use LFG if you're trying to get feats, and you don't want to get stuck with randos that are just trying to get through as quickly as they can so they can get that ARGUS loot box.
    • Like x 2
  13. Limey Committed Player

Whoa now... it might be green Kryptonian gear.
  14. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

The simple answer:
    Allow smaller groups to opt into raids.

Make the clamp optional.
    • Like x 1
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Couldn't be. That stuff's so rare you can only get it from T6 open world loot crates. ;)
  16. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

old raids take too long

need more marks for my time
  17. Emoney Dedicated Player

All you do is ask people when you get in the content about doing a specific feat. Most times they agree. There's a difference from the original post now. If you're trying to form a group in lfg for a specific feat, yeah, that'll take longer to fill versus just trying to run the content. Like I stated though, just running content, solo Qing is pretty fast. As to feats, I'm at 130sp in the last 5 days on my new character, so groups have helped with that too.
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Don't worry about it... Once you get them all you will only need the Elite+ feats, and that's even worse (especially with the current toxicity of the elite community). Enjoy it while you can.
    • Like x 1
  19. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

They should make dlc rotations with bonus marks and preferred queue on LFG. There should be a weekly rotation, a 3-day rotation and a daily rotationl with different pieces of content and some rewards. That way we can condense the playerbase without making it impossible to run out of rotation content.
  20. KidKretz Committed Player

you want to run the old content or you want the feats?

because i see these as 2 entirely different categories/problems and think a solution for both will actually take 2 separate solutions.