Ally Favor etc. in Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Joybird, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Joybird Committed Player

A couple weeks ago, I opened 15 Joker's Legacy time capsules. I wanted the Bombshell Harley. In those capsules, there were tons of ally favor to select, sometimes up to 10k per capsule.

Yesterday, I did the same thing with Oracle's Time Capsules. No ally favor at all. Darn. But at least I have a big hammer.

I then opened a few Cursed Gotham time capsules. This time, there were tons of quarks., which I used to finally get my Zeus amulet Still no ally favor.

So here's what I'm wondering. Obviously, different time capsules have different secondary rewards, but I can't find information anywhere about what those secondary rewards are. Has anyone written this down anywhere?
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Ally system was added in late August of 2021 so you're going to be looking at Time Capsules that came out after August of 2021 such as: Wondrous, Joker's Legacy, LexCorp Exclusive, Secrets of Kahndaq and Neon Technomancer.
    • Like x 3
  3. Stranger Well-Known Player

The latest TC (Neon Technomancer) had no ally favor as much as i remember. At least i've opened 100+ and got no single drop.
    No idea why they can't stick to 1 loot table.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I have no idea what does or doesn't but those are the TCs that were released after Allies were added.
  5. zNot Loyal Player

I have the same experience as you thought i was unlucky which ones were the capsules that dropped more ally xp?
  6. Stranger Well-Known Player

I'm 100% sure that Lexcorp and Kahndaq Time Capsule dropped many 10/20k Ally Favor Caches.
    • Like x 3
  7. Joybird Committed Player

It sounds like this is information that's worth compiling. I can confirm that Joker's Legacy Time Capsules had ally favor, though I don't remember any 20ks. I can also confirm that Cursed Gotham had an inordinate number of Quarks.
    • Like x 1
  8. zNot Loyal Player

I just opened 6 secrets of khandaq capsuls and 2 of them had 5000k ally xp each. The newest capsule i opened 15 and got no ally xp at all..
    • Like x 2
  9. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

The capsules that released after House of Legends came out (I believe starting with Wondrous) carry ally favour as drops. This had been an excellent addition and gave extra incentive to open more Time Capsules.

That being said with this latest capsule, the Neon Technomancer, they didn't add Ally Favour to it for some reason. It's a big miss in my opinion because taking out incentives to engage with your loot box seems counter intuitive to me. (Around 200 opened and 0 favour dropped for me)
  10. Hendrix Well-Known Player

I can confirm that Lexcorp time capsules have 10 and 20K ally favor because I opened 25 to get the tank ally Lex last month.
    • Like x 1
  11. Cypharr Committed Player

Came across this thread from searching on google for Time Capsule with the most Ally Favor. Joker's Legacy TC seems to be very good with ally favour thank you it was very helpful. I just can't help but wonder if anyone has found a Time Capsule with better ally favour rewards than the Joker's Legacy TC?
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The ally favor was abundant and plentiful in the Wondrous, Jokers Legacy and Lexcorp TC's (RNG permitting). In addition to saving up ally favor from timed drops and Destiny Tokens, I also make sure to always have at least 15 or so (usually a lot more) stabilizers on hand as another source of ally favor in the event that a new ally is released that I want to use.
    • Like x 2
  13. Cypharr Committed Player

RNG permitted the Joker's Legacy TC drops at least 3500 ally favour when ever it drops sometimes 5000 got 10000 twice and 20000 once opening 40. Compared to this how good is the Wondrous TC?
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yeah, that loot table slot will either drop rare alliances, epic alliances, a Legendary alliance, 3.5K favor, 5K favor, 10K favor or 20K favor. When I’ve opened those TC’s for favor it seemed about 50/50 whether it dropped alliances or favor but which alliance or how much favor was definitely a weighted probability.

That being said, It would take hundreds of stabilizers to accurately test and verify that. It would also take hundreds to accurately test for any RNG probability differential between those TC’s. If I had to guess I’d say that the devs didn’t make any changes to the the ally resource slots probability in the loot tables for those TC’s. If they did they did it most likely would have been very minor tweaks.