Broker Blues

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by valiant Villian, Mar 18, 2023.

1. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Is the broken broker just going to stay the way it is? Is this the new normal now? It's been a mangled mess for how long?
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Mepps stated they are aware and are working on a fix but that was almost 2 weeks ago. Seems to be a bigger problem than expected.
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

This broker bug (as well as the one affecting mail attachment UI) has been in the game since at least 2013, probably longer. It's just that it used to happen infrequently, so it was never addressed. I'm guessing the root cause must be buried deep in the old code. Hopefully they're trying to fix it for good, rather than just return to occasional glitches, which is why it's taking so long.
  4. Dene Devoted Player

**inserts meme about coding**

Pic didn't load.. the irony
    • Like x 1
  5. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

It ain’t dcuo unless something is broken.
  6. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Yeah, the broker's got me down
    Looking left, right, all around so b-b-blue
    Under there and everywhere, yeah
    I got the broker blues
  7. beardrive Committed Player

When you are looking up an item to sell, when the item comes up with a bunch of garbage, R2 to go to You're listed items tab, and then L1 to toggle back back to the items and it will right itself. Mostly...
    • Like x 1
  8. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

That's never works…you only gets both tabs overlapped, the only way to fix it is close the broker and open it again until broker works properly
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It works if there's a bunch of said item that you are researching. Otherwise you'll usually see it at the bottom of the first page and barely visible. You'll have to click on it to know for sure. It's annoying but not impossible to deal with. Just like my wife.
    • Like x 2
  10. beardrive Committed Player

It always works. If there's a number of items in the list it will show them. If there are none it will just show a bunch of garble, and then no items listed superimposed upon it. You may have to do it more than once. But it's easier than closing it and opening it. I sometimes toggle it three or four times. But if you have side issues, and you can't read through some of the garble, then it's not going to work for you. You have to be able to read through superimposed text. And yes, it's extremely annoying.