Up-Votes Needed Missing Superman's 80th Emblem

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by MrK, Mar 4, 2023.

1. MrK Active Player

Hello there, i did some research about this emblem and it seems it was only able to get during limited of time.
    But to be honest could this emblem just be added to the vendor on doomed metropolis?
    I think alot of people are missing this emblem.
    It's my final feat in there for like ages.
    Would be very much appriciated!
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This isn't a bug. The studio asks DC periodically if they can bring the emblem back and obviously DC does not give them permission to do so.
    • Like x 2
  3. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

You are right, they should have never put a feat on an item which was only available for a limited time.

That feat should probably be auto-granted these days.

AP
  4. MrK Active Player

I never said it was a bug though.
    But seems fair the studio (periodically) places it.
    But its 5 years since last time, so i dont consider it periodically.
    But not sure where else i should have put this thread.

And just spitballing here but an some kind of the auto grant system like "anak panah" says.

Complete 3 feats = emblem granted
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You posted in the bug sub forums... This sub forum is only for reporting bugs. You can post in General Gameplay or use the search function to find one of the many many threads on this topic and continued the discussion there.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

All of these arguments have been presented to DC Comics by the Devs many, many times. DC Comics, as the Licensor, has final say on what Daybreak Games, the Licensee, can and can not do with their Intellectual Property. In the 12 years that this game has existed, DC Comics has only allowed an equippable Superman Emblem to be offered 2 times: Once tied into the launch of the Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice movie (which was actually licensed from Warner Bros. Studios, who suddenly and without warning demanded that it be permanently pulled from sale, never to be offered again,) and once tied into the 80th Anniversary Year, and was only allowed to be available in-game through December 31st of that Anniversary Year, and it then had to be permanently retired, never to be offered again.

That was a CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION imposed on Daybreak Games by DC Comics as a condition to even be able to offer the Emblem in the first place. The same sort of situation exists with the 80th Anniversary Batman Emblem. Daybreak Games can not, and WILL NOT, violate the terms of their contract(s) with DC Comics just to placate players that missed out on those limited time offerings, as violating those contracts could literally bring about the game being completely shuttered, taken permanently offline.

And again, DC Comics makes all the rules here. 2023 is the Superman 85th Anniversary Year. IF we're SUPER lucky, MAYBE DC Comics MIGHT let Daybreak do something tied into any in-game 85th Anniversary Events. But on the 80th Anniversary Events, DCUO started them in the Northern Hemisphere's Summer Months, in June, as Superman's First Appearance had a Cover Date of June 1938 on it, so we could still be waiting several more months to learn what, if anything, DC Comics is or is NOT allowing Daybreak Games to do for the 85th Anniversary.

Bottom line people, go into this with LOWERED EXPECTATIONS. Expect that the answer will, yet again, be a NO from DC Comics. Do NOT expect any different answer. You'll be less disappointed that way, and all the happier IF and when Daybreak Games is ever able to offer a Superman Emblem again. And for the Love of Gord, do NOT go disappearing from the game for long periods of time anymore, because that's when people miss out on these limited time offerings when they happen. Keep logging into the game every day, and keep logging into these Forums ever day, and keep a close eye on the Announcements from Daybreak. IF they're ever able to offer a Superman Emblem again, they won't keep it quiet, the Devs WILL announce it, but YOU have to be logging on to see those announcements! It's also a great idea to make sure DCUO has your current email address that you check all the time, and to sign up for emails from Daybreak Games, and then READ THE EMAILS THEY SEND YOU! That's another way they announce upcoming special events such as a Superman 85th Anniversary Event that they might do if DC Comics allows them to.

In the meantime, you'll have to make do with either one of the Chest Styles that has the Superman/House of El Emblem built-in, OR one of the OTHER Kryptonian Emblems or "Elseworlds" Superman Emblems that exists in the game. And at least we have those, because there was a time when we literally had NOTHING for the Iconic Characters. Don't even get me started on how Green Lantern fans used to be treated in a game where the VERY FIRST DLC was focused on Green Lanterns and other Ring-Slingers! :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  7. Limey Committed Player

Really the devs just need to make it an invisible feat, like the subsequent/cumulative total feats such as the bounty kill feats. Then the oblivious, entitled player base that act like time-limited content is something no MMO other than DC ever does, can kindly shut up and remain ignorant and oblivious, while redirecting their toxicity at some other area of entitled complaints.

PS I hate to break it to you but your argument would also apply to every seasonal item too. Limited time and all. That would sure make events boring and undesirable.
    • Like x 1
  8. MrK Active Player

Thanks for the clear information.
    It's a shame, but it is what it is.
    • Like x 1
  9. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

You are aware of the fact that events return regularly? That is completely something else compared to an item which was merely available for some months. I really don't see the point here.

However as I understood it, the original complaint was around the feat and not the exclusivity of the said emblem.

With the feat auto-granted I was just suggesting an easy solution which has been used previously in this game when feats were not achieveable anymore.

AP
  10. Limey Committed Player

When the term "limited time" is used as an argument, all aspects of limited time, regardless of recurrence, are relevant. Whether you see it or not.

You do understand context, right?
  11. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

To be fair, this is the most toxic post on this thread.

It was a simple request because feat points equal progression and most mmos don't gate progression behind "limited time", never to return events...regardless of how little points it's actually worth it's still a form of progression. Completionist type players in video games are a thing...it doesn't hurt to ask...this is an open forum.
    • Like x 2
  12. Joybird Committed Player

I

It is true that Daybreak cannot unilaterally re-include the emblems, but they can always negotiate to reinclude them. It's pretty silly that this game has just about every emblem available, except for what DC modestly calls "the Trinity". Negotiating to include these emblems again should really be a priority.

And as for the initial point, it's fine to have defunct feats, even defunct feats with titles, but there really shouldn't be defunct feats with feat points. I think this is the only one.