Dev Discussion We're The DCUO Art Team. Ask Us Anything!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Mar 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

1. Will customizable power colors be a thing? Like a swatch palette option or something?
    2. Will we ever get a Maple Leaf Emblem for our Canadian friends?
    3. How many people work on modeling an NPC and/or character costume?
    4. Do you guys sometimes get frustrated with the limitations of the lair interaction system when designing new lair items? Like, we should be able to sit on this chair!
    5. Have you ever found something that was loved by the art department, but was left on the cutting room's floor?
    • Like x 9
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

1.Will Killer Croc ever receive a revamp? He looks extremely low resolution when he’s with other npcs :(

2.Is there any interest in adding accessory variants to smaller head styles (such as the mxy bowler hat)

3.Are full body augmentations possible? Such as having the lower half of a gorgon, or a genie?

4. With so many games having this feature nowadays, has a day/night cycle for open worlds (or even some raids) been talked about? God Of Monsters at night would be interesting.

5.Concept: “base item” Filters. Change the filter of your base to Sepia, Black & White,Darkness (lights off) Shaded Comic, etc to reflect the nature of the character that lives there

Thanks for reading :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Warped Discord Moderator

Hi there,

What goes into making the graphics and visuals that we see in game? I know this is a pretty broad question but I’ve always been curious how you get from start to finish for developing open world areas. And what kind of computing power does this require (CPU, GPU, etc.)?
    • Like x 1
  4. Icandor New Player

So as far as the art goes, are there any plans for any comic book inspired designs for cut scenes or anything akin to some of the old looks or designs from old books for more comic wall art?

Example: Todd McFarlane inspired batman designs
    Amanda Connor inspired Powergirl or Harley Quinn
    Jim Lee WildC.A.T.S.
    Neil Adams Green Lantern.
    • Like x 3
  5. Breaker New Player

Two questions: 1.) would it be possible to have materials apply to specific channels? 2.) Can you make it so that we can manipulate chromas so the player can decide which texture goes in which channel?
    • Like x 1
  6. Incineration Inferno Active Player

1.) Are we going to be getting a 1990s Hank Henshaw Cyborg Superman Style in the game?
    2 ) Can we get an animated aura/accessory where it looks like real blood is Dripping off of both hands and fangs as a vampire?
    3.) Can we get a Japanese Karate Gi style with Black Belt
    4.) Can we get a Japanese style Daul Weild Sai?

Alot more but enough for now,

Thank you for your time
  7. Incineration Inferno Active Player

1.)Also can we please get a Killer Croc eyes, teeth, head style?

Skin is in game from day one but no face/eyes/teeth/head

2.) Animated Clayface style?
  8. RoyceGlas New Player

Was there a reason Hank Henshaw (Cyborg Superman) was designed without a robotic leg?
  9. JoeAce65 New Player

Hi Devs,
    1. When will we see some new base themes or even new base layouts with new floor plans?
    2. Will we see some basic slimline outfits that have horizontal stripes or vertical stripes? Stripesy, Miss America
    3. Will we get some basic tops, skirts and dresses in the future?

I have over 300 unique character styles in my armories. I like to make iconic looking characters as they have appeared in comics and other media. However, I rarely use materials or auras. I've used some character skins from time to time.
    I also like to decorate my bases, and I wish that some of the early game base items were available from the vendor in the House of Legends.
    • Like x 1
  10. Brit Loyal Player

As an artist, what aspects make a character more interesting/fun to work on? What makes one more annoying or frustrating?

When creating a new style set not based on iconic characters, where do you look for inspiration?
    • Like x 1
  11. JoeAce65 New Player

Instead of just four colors to set for our costumes, can we get a fifth color slot added to the game system?
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

What are your favorite comics and comic characters?
    • Like x 1
  13. iKing Arthur New Player

Hey guys so one thing I want is more clothing that makes the emblems bigger! I have a superboy and the emblem is so small on him I’d love a T-shirt that makes emblems
    Bigger!
    Also more Superman emblems and possibly all the chest pieces and style sets for the Superman anniversary in may!
    Also more superfamily dlcs please.
    • Like x 3
  14. inferno Loyal Player

@Glitter, Jayhawk and Jazz - Any further plans on adding more skins to the current body styles: the last ones were quite enticing and more would be delicious. Would adding more facial expressions or even character stances be a possibility?

@ Elacron and Revrec - Any plans on bringing in more league-sized base items? the Glimpse of Dakota CIty looks good. Something looks different from Metropolis or Gotham; what was added to make it seem more alive?

@Hammertyme - power effects...I'm not asking about a total remake or anything major on how our powers look but any plans on subtle upgrades to the power special effects?
    • Like x 1
  15. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Any chance that any of the unreleased assets from the old launch trailers will make it in game? There was a female ninja that had a dope style, and this game is super lacking anime sets, could be a good addition
  16. sleepGod New Player

The episode "Dark Dreams", #28 of Batman: The Animated series, which aired Tuesday November 3, 1992 at 4:30pm, featured a scene in which Batman, having been exposed to the Scarecrows toxic agent, hallucinates a rat as a horrifying version of the Joker complete with Mickey Mouse style white gloves. This is NOT to be confused with the anthropomorphic rat villain (who resembles the joker in color scheme only)from the tv show Dark Bunny, which itself is a a show within the universe of the animated series Arthur.

How much consideration has been given to incorporating the Joker rat from BTAS into DC universe? possibly as a low level mob or even a boss character? Is there any chance we might see this as a playable character in a future content update? I have been waiting 30 years to live out this fantasy.
    • Like x 1
  17. Timdrake28 New Player

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions to ask you:
    1. Will we get new style outfits like one modeled after Kon-El, aka Superboy
    2. Will there be new hair styles?

Thank you all for making this game great

Timdrakewayne
    • Like x 1
  18. Scytherhands New Player

Why aren't there basic mats like 3 color slots all matte or 3 color slots all metallic? Mats having 3 chromas severely limits your options when there's 6 permeations possible. Only having 3 mat slots to use also prevents me from finishing a lot of styles. Does the technology not exist to apply mats to individual color slots on styles?
  19. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Have you considered some out of the box ideas for adding characters and immersion to the game? For instance, re-skin bouncy balls to look like relevant characters such as Bouncing Boy, Plastic Man, Elongated Man, Metamorpho and Lead (from the Metal Men)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And Lead could just drop and roll - no bounce.
    • Like x 3
  20. JordanHarold25 New Player

Hello Team, I would like to know if this year as you know superman is turning 85 do you plan to make some style of him or a new emblem to celebrate the anniversary, and I would also like to know if you have any plans in the future to be able to change the power color,Thank you
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.