How can I lower my CR?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GermanM, Mar 10, 2023.

1. GermanM Committed Player

I have a character and i wanna give him the last CR skip to get a lot of boring feat´s. like the toyman, races etc. But the character have a CR over the necessary. Is posible do this?
    • Like x 1
  2. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

No. The skip's CR should be higher than your toon's overall CR.
    You can lower your equipped CR which only affects your stats, but you cannot lower your overall CR.

So no, you can no longer use this CR skip on that character. :oops:
    You'll have to use it on different character with lower CR or wait for next year's skip that'll probably have higher CR.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I don't think you can lower your CR.
    • Like x 2
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

If you have a lower CR character, use the skip on that one. Then use Replays to buy the Feats on the higher CR one.
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Not possible.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dene Devoted Player

I did similiar to what you are suggesting. I'm a 1 toon player.. it is a weird thing about me, I don't even have "bank toons" or "seasonal toons" etc . I created a new toon, used the CR skip on it, then just bought the feats on my main.. I had 99% of the feats given but gained 2 or 3 feats, so was worth it (i then stripped him of gear and inventory , salvaged etc etc and sent all the junk to my main lol) - then promptly deleted the toon I used the skip on lol
    • Like x 1
  7. beardrive Committed Player

Once a character reaches the maximum CR that a CR skip can give it, you can no longer skip that character. You may need to paste that into Google translate. Lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Its easier to just make a new alt and level it up with the CR skip and then use Replay Badges to purchase the feats you are awarded from the skip that you might not have on your other alts. I would like to take credit for this idea but I can't as it was Proxystar's idea from another similar post a few months back as I recall.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Of course the easiest way to lower your CR is to play EEG. Works every time.
    • Like x 3
  10. beardrive Committed Player

One more thing. Don't fret about the CR skip! I missed one on mine, and the last CR skip we got, Mepps commented how they didn't even give us anymore SP from the last CR skip we had. I think it's around 78 or 80. But in long-term play there is so much content, but now that 80 sp is almost nothing. You'll get what you need over time. And the rest you can fill in with replay badges! I would start with the LPVE feats. :) they seem to be the most useless of all. Of course if you haven't done them on your main...
    • Like x 2
  11. Dene Devoted Player

Yeah.. I try my above trick every time but only ever gained SP from the first one we ever got lol
    • Like x 2
  12. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Well because CR skip gives completed feats (which give skill points), and with every CR skip it's always the same feats, and since you cannot get multiple skill points from the same feat, so... :oops:
    It doesn't conjure up any additional extra SP out of thin air, it'd be crazy otherwise :oops:

/just saying, don't mind me/
    • Like x 2
  13. beardrive Committed Player

If you want to use a CR skip properly and have no self-control like most of us wait for the CR skip, and then create your alt. In two days I have 38 SP on an alt with a CR of 41. Already I probably wouldn't waste a CR skip on it. Some of that SP would be given to me with a CR skip, so why waste it on something I've already done the work on?
  14. Dene Devoted Player

I know :) - just wishing upon a star LOL