Flashpoint Batman ally good for whom?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Tolly Committed Player

Hi, is this ally useful for a tank? And if so, which tank power would be most useful?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not really. You can use him for tank if you want but there are better options.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I use him, circumstantially, for precision based Earth battle tanking, because he can usefully be used to balance health regeneration with other damage elements elsewhere, in that he restores health while using the weapon buff , I use him for nothing else.

I would not use him for pure tanking, the better passive options are Superman and Lex Luthor and typically you won't be carrying a weapon buff in pure tank role in favor of other more useful shields, so his use in pure tanking would be unjustifiable and impractical.
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

Was drunk one day and leveled him all the way up on an alt.
    Might be good for a troll role
  5. Proxystar #Perception

No, not at all.
  6. Tolly Committed Player

So in the end, it would be a waste of time to mount this ally
  7. Deathmike Devoted Player

As an Earth tank, that 4.9% defense you get when in a group, roughly amounts to the bonus defense given by the earth tank buff (65% of dominance converted to defense) if you spec 340 points in dominance. In other words, an Earth tank (in a group) with no ally and 340 points in dominance will have about the same defense as an Earth tank with the ally and 0 points in dominance.
    Do with this information what you will. I haven't properly tested how much that ~5% percent extra defense actually affects your damage intake.

On a related note, does anyone know if being in a group instance by yourself still triggers the buffed 15% defense bonus?

Deathmike out.