Oracle has a new voice actress?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Mar 9, 2023.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Or have I been gone too long?
  2. GermanM Committed Player

I think is the same person... welcome back(?)
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

4. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

Are you playing Flashpoint Gotham open world? If you are, then Flashpoint Oracle is Catwoman, and voiced there by the regular Catwoman voice actress.
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I can't tell if Shazam has two voices one for Shazam and one for Billy or if it's the same actor? ;)
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No I was listening to her voice overs for the St Patrick's event. She sounds different.
  7. Dene Devoted Player

Is it a new seasonal VO? or the same one we've had for years ?

(sorry havent llogged in yet)
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Same script but the voice sounds different.
  9. Dene Devoted Player

Weird.. I just listened too and seems like its the same artist to me, but I get why you'd think it.. like the Actor had a cold or the audio was recorded differently or *something* lol
    • Like x 1
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I think it has been re-recorded. Or modulated to sound clearer.
    • Like x 1
  11. Eve YouTuber

I had a few people telling me the same about Myxy. So they are bringing fresh new voices to the game or same people re-recording lines? lol
    • Like x 1
  12. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Oracle and Calculator are the same, and say the same stuff, but Mxy has all new dialogue this year.
    • Like x 2
  13. Eve YouTuber

He also has a different model in the HoL, but I guess it makes sense. (Like even the eyes and eyebrows are different, not just outfit colors)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sounds the same to me, however Mxy was re recorded for sure (I have no idea why), so maybe all the ear damage from that terrible change has tweaked your hearing for when Oracle comes on.
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

This is eventually going to be an issue for Kevin Conroy and Batman.
    • Like x 1
  16. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Too soon, man, too soon.... :(
    • Like x 1
  17. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Unless I have a memory loss issue (which is somewhat possible), they all sound the same to me. :oops:
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Sadly with the passing of Kevin conroy … maybe now is the time to recast both him and the joker … leave what we had before like they did with Harley in the funhouse mission and Robin in the funhouse mission but going forward new voice actors for Batman and joker. I’d like more joker content .. the voice actor for the Batman who laughs would be a great joker voice.
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Actually, probably not. There is now AI generated voices which are pretty damn accurate. People who do voiceovers for a living are angry as hell and want to make sure they have job security. Their solution: To make sure this AI can't be used to make exact duplicates of their work without compensating the original voice.

So if DCUO would go this route, they'd just have to make arrangements with the estates. Which is actually pretty common practice nowadays when it comes to celebrity memorabilia.
    • Like x 1
  20. Bloodwynd71 Active Player

It is a shame I liked some of the old dialogue. Like if you squint hard enough you can see the vague form of Lois Lane hurling herself off the Daily P lanet in the hope Superman would rescue her. Such a gem shame they got rid of it. Also liked the part about using Art from the museum as toilet paper KERFLUSH
    • Like x 1