Armory Limit Increase

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dstdnt, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Hi, I've generally talked about it with several players over the years, as I've had 16 armories per character for nearly my whole account for some years now, and with the doubling of bases somewhat recently, was hoping it would be possible if we could get armories per character limit increased as well from 16 to 32 if possible, or more if doable? I know not everyone uses as many, but there are many that do in order to save several unique styles they make over the years and know there are several players that would love to have more armory options.

Also 3 small sidenote questions:
    • If it isn't possible, what if we could get style-only armories, like so they work similar to armories but only provide styles changes, no other changes, if it can take up less use of resources vs the normal armory?
    • Would it be possible that we could get armories to allow us to change body types as well? Either have them be offered at a slightly higher price or something to offset body token prices perhaps, since I've been wanting to Shazam! or "Rage" out a character into different body shape/size since from when it was last announced but those plans were unfortunately cancelled. Also know several players that would love to use armories in that way as well.
    • Are there any plans for an increase to base item limits for League Halls?
    • Like x 7
  2. Proxystar #Perception

You've got 240 armories? :eek:
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

I can confirm they have plans to raise the base items cap in league halls- It comes from Mepps directly. As for when, I don't know. (They also have plans to raise the cap in bases).
    • Like x 3
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

How many armories is needed for one room doesn’t 4 about do it ? Not saying not to don’t just curious why so many
  5. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

About 500 since the current max for a whole account is 512 (32*16), but even then each character is differently themed, so wanting a certain character to have more of a variety of styles that's personalized to them, (such as all superheroes or villains getting different iconic looks over the years, or special events and so forth, or even one off issues they have to defeat a very specific opponent,) without having to basically make a copy of the same character and keep doing so while you can just do it all on that 1 character with their armories would be a lot simpler. For the most part as friends have said, it would mostly just generate more revenue from those that want it, and no changes for those that don't. (Also I have even more if you count other accounts :cool:) A minor suggestion also would be if it's possible with the doubling of armory limit if there could be another free armory added for all players, but that's mostly up to the developers of course.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Yep mostly like my answer to Proxy above, it's solely for the styles for those that want to use more than just 16 armories for the over 50 pages of styles we've accumulated. Ideally also we could get 8 armories to use in field but I believe Mepps said they tried and said it wasn't possible a few years back, but if that's also a possibility would be nice too, but mostly for those above reasons, again it's not likely everyone will go all out to 32, but there's a good number of players that I'm sure would like to.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

The effort this guy has gone to, just give this gentleman his armories, he deserves it.
    • Like x 3
  9. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Ty! I remember he did mention it, was hoping we could get some sort of timeline just in case, or even a small bump in numbers if a large step isn't possible just right away. Or if there were plans for it and those plans shifted, which unfortunately happens.:oops:
    • Like x 2
  10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I would love style-only armories, especially if they were slightly cheaper and toons on the same account could use them in a shared base or league halls could use them to have those suit rooms the Batcave and other superhero lairs have with everyone's suits and gear. Especially because I already mostly use them for styles since I'm addicted to character creation but have maxxed out character slots so can't make any more that way.
    • Like x 2
  11. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

So true! Personally would love if there could be League Hall-wide accessible style armories so that the whole League could match with just a simple change of a button, maybe 8 style armories, if possible more lol, not sure how it'd work if a League member doesn't have a style, either temporarily only lets them use it until they alter something of the style, or just gives an empty style, but for sure something I've been hoping for with an eventual League Hall revamp for sure! There's really so many options that could be done with it lol.
  12. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Also another minor note, I recall finding out on October 6th 2022 on Test Server, it seems as though the Armory limit on Test was upped to 32 that can fit all in 1 base of a character as well, also why I decided to wait awhile longer prior to finally making a thread for it since I was hoping it would've come out to Live by November, but now March to no avail. (If we do manage to get 32 armories to Live Server, could we also potentially see the 8 pack of Armories return to Marketplace?)
  13. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

No wonder we haven't had a 2x art XP in 5 months, this guy is funding the entire game by buying an ungodly amount of armories.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Bought them all years ago before 2018, so has 0 impact with what's ongoing currently.:cool:
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

The game is still living off your past generated revenue :p
    • Like x 3
  16. RaphaelPrime Active Player

Never underestimate D and his list of wants and dreams ROFL

Also, D, calm down. :p lol
    • Like x 3
  17. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Also being able to Shazam/"rage" characters body types/sizes (Athletic/Spry/Large/small/medium/), with the use of with armories would be great cohesion if it could be done near the time of the release of the new Shazam movies, or anytime this year works amazing as well lol;)
  18. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

I guess most MMOs lives off most of us kind of like a Spirit Bomb in that way.:eek:
    • Like x 1
  19. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

I try to go for the most possible/manageable to happen first, then work my way up slowly.:D
  20. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I'd like to second style-only armories. I don't use the current armory I have, because every time I get some new piece of gear, or a skill point, or level up an augment or artifact, I'm told I can't switch using the armory, and I have to manually switch back to the style and re-imprint... Until the next time I play and something levels up.
    • Like x 1