More Fate tokens

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KneelBeforeZodd, Mar 2, 2023.

1. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Can we please get more fate tokens? The ones we have right now are barely enough to buy stuff for 1 character. Utilities such as repairs and styles are super expensive, if you buy 2 or 3 that's half the fate tokens of the month and that's for a membership player.

I don't think it will have an impact on marketplace sales since no1 buys that stuff with IRL money, so it would be a nice boost to member perks. We need at least 4 or 5 times more than what we get right now.
    • Like x 2
  2. myandria Item Storage

Well, I have a membership too and I have plenty of fate tokens (almost 8,000). What I am doing is just saving up fate tokens until I truly need to use them. Most of the styles are only 100 fate tokens, and you don't have to get them all right away; they're not going anywhere. If you invest in the Oracle ally's passive that heals gear over time, you can cut your dependence on repair bots.

I think we could use a bump in Destiny Tokens, though.
    • Like x 4
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

or you can use alts to further your main and this issue is a moot one. alts are a colossal waste of time in this game. more so now than ever before with artifacts and allies making it a real job to keep up with more than one toon at peak lvl.

take the suggestion for someone who had to learn the hard way alts are just fine with out all the bells and whistles. you can routinely out role the majority of players in this game with nothing simply by knowing what your doing.

all they need to succeed is gear and that's easily acquired after you finish with your main as you can buy theirs at discount
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

This is why the one I enjoy playing most is my main, and my alts (while still fun to play) are mainly farming for my main.
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's too bad there isn't a converter either way. Maybe 1000 Fates for 1 Destiny and vice-versa, so that those who want the ludicrous amount of Fate stuff (assuming you weren't around for Prom boxes), could burn a Destiny to buy 10 pieces at 100 each vs 1 SOC, or someone who has all those styles and wants more Arti related items or currencies, can trade their almost useless Fate surplus for an extra SOC or some Nth.

As long as the conversion couldn't be exploited (like you can convert and convert back repeatedly and end up with MORE than you started with), I don't see why this option wouldn't help out those in either camp. I know personally, on my premium accounts with 1 toon active each, I have way more destinies than I'd need, but fates are in short supply for them. Now I don't really care on those accounts, but another person in the same boat who that account is NOT an alt account for, yeah...I can see them being short if working on those styles or wanting Nth Detectors etc...

I wouldn't want either sold outright though...just still the same member or premium rates we get now. If you start having these as an additional 'purchase' currency, I could see additional things added to take advantage of those with week wills and strong CC limits. But a choice we could make to spend what we have as we would rather...sure. Seems like a win-win.
    • Like x 2
  6. Leonite Well-Known Player

Oracle bot ally or use the vendors available nearby. And you don't have to repair your gear every time after a wipe - their effectiveness is the same whether they are 100/100 durability or 20/100 durability.