What do randos expect?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnboundHeavenlyDemon, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I'm not sure randoms themselves know an answer to this question, lol.

If even they don't know what they're doing, neither can we. :oops:
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The rewards box for completing the weekly journal entries is a nice payout, although getting less attractive every week. It has a decent amount of marks and used to come with a collection that often was valuable, either to the user (if they needed it) or on the broker. Unfortunately more junk collections have been added, including some from Metal 2 that can't be traded or even completed as 1 piece is probably a vendor piece you can't buy anywhere.

Solos obviously are at your own choice, as you can opt out of any you would find difficult or too long (hello warehouse Catwoman mission), duos....well, I see no reason to run duos....not for omni rewards anyway. Alerts most time you can solo if you are capable of battle rolling tank or heal (and for some troll), so it's really raids that run into the issues. Many can be completed with a few capable bodies, but with others are a long slog, or have mechanics that 1 person can mess up the run. Add to that the increased chances for someone not running a key role or just doing nothing, and it's where MOST of the Omni hate will lay.

So to your point, there is nothing 'special'. Some quick marks if you get the right run and have a good group and maybe a bonus collection or OP catalyst drop if you still need some of those for old OP items. But why anyone would run Omni outside of those 5 required runs (3 solos, 1 alert, 1 raid)....you got me.

BTW....if you form a full group, you can opt out of whatever you want to avoid (like long, slow and boring runs) without Solowing's proposed 'punishment' for deciding your time is better spent somewhere else than slogging through 12 year old content.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Like I said, I'd rather take the 30 than go into a garbage run with garbage players and end up spending more time in the end. Of course, when you are sitting there waiting for some new person to queue up, as 2 or 3...or 10 are taking their 30 lockouts...won't that infringe on your time too? It won't take many getting locked out before YOU won't be able to run either...especially if it's for a key role. All your penalty will do is get LESS people running omni queue. You'd be better off pushing for the penalty to apply to people who queue as role and DON'T run that role than for people who bail when they see that's happening. Most people wouldn't bail on an omni run if they thought the run would actually go semi-smooth.

I love how you see no problem with any portion of a game we play for fun....not being fun. Enjoy your 'game' Adolph....I'll go do something else....like spend the time assembling a full group so we can run whatever and finish fine. Of course, that's again....less people for you to end up queuing with. So....'win' for you?

Not to mention, if I queue into an omni, and get there with 4 people standing around at LB at the 45 min mark....I'M now penalized for not wanting to stand around with them? Yeah, I could drop the option to go into an instance already started, but assuming everyone did that, YOUR run where someone leaves will never fill. Again, I see this all blowing up in your face in the end.

So by all means....go for it.:D
    • Like x 2
  4. Furyan Level 30

hello guys, I've been trying for a long time to get the urban business chest style, I've done the bizarre and hunter solos several times in addition to having beaten the subavatar many times and so far nothing, I've asked in some other topics but so far no one could answer me, does anyone here know any other place where I can get this style of chest?
  5. inferno Loyal Player

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought, in terms of rewards. And I assume that completing the Omni weekly stuff also has the same type of rewards? Nothing extravagantly big or remarkable?
    Do they even offer stuff like legendary, epic alliance or caches of ally favors or artifact catalysts in those Omni boxes?
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

So you’re asking a bunch of rando’s to offer an opinion on another group of rando’s and their motivations/expectations…which may differ rando to rando…

Clearly there is short, concise, direct answer…

So did they boot you cause you wouldn’t play their way or because you yelled at them in the chat? ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

This would essentially accelerate the decline of Omnibus. Whether they care to admit it or not, many players will absolutely go do something else, in or out of game if the choice they have is a long, painful, drawn out experience in a bad group or an arbitrary penalty because they are executing a choice of content within a video game.
    • Like x 1
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I like "randoms". I am a "random" most of the time, because I PUG 95% of my runs (not counting solos). I never make LFG groups, I rarely join them. I got 500+ skill points on my main in around 7 months almost entirely in PUGs, although substantial portion of those are style and other such feats obtained through broker. I find that the level of expectations is relatively low in such groups, compared to running with friends, or leagues, where any f-ups can have a lasting impact and where I don't feel I can just log off mid-run if I get frustrated or bored.

Let's hear it for the humble rando, who doesn't ask me to join voice-chat or discord for pedestrian runs, who doesn't get salty if I out-DPS them even by a lot, who rarely expects more than just to finish the instance, and whom I rarely have to interact with afterwards if they turn out to be an a-hole.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure if alliances drop in there. It's been so long since I've ranked up an ally I can't say as everyone just has a stack of the 3 colors building up in their inventory. I'll have to make note next time I run some. You do get Nth and Ally favor, same as you would doing anything else that generates those things...killing adds or bosses, picking up collections or exos. The only 'remarkable' thing I'd say you could look forward to would be a 'rare' base item or collection piece. Base items I generally just donate, so maybe I'm getting expensive ones and don't know it...but collection pieces, you CAN catch a rare one like Atlantis "Shard of Ares Crystal" or E3's "White Martian's curse"....but you are just as likely to get a Pieces or Taurus Crystal collections or the bane of my existence....the HOP1 collections like "beard comb" and "broken feeler"....something you can get 5 of just running any of the HOP1 alerts or raids.

90% of it is middling or no value. But that's true of almost anything in this game that depends on RNG. You still get marks, but if marks were the only goal, go do 5 or 6 OW bounties and save yourself the headache. I guess the alliance drops might be worth it too...but again, I'm not 100% sure they drop in EEG.

EDIT...sorry, just re-read your question on the alliances. No...there are definitely no alliances or arti cats in the rewards box. OP item food like Canary Cry essences (bop legs) or Crystal shards(31st goggles), yes....but the 3 for artis? No.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What would be cool is that if he was in HoH on last boss...just simply trying to tell them that the tank needs to stay away from the boss, then they kicked him after his tank kick failed.

That....sounds....familiar.
    • Like x 1
  11. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

people shouldn’t get mad at people kicking them for doing stuff like that ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I agree with you :cool:
  13. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

exactly lol
  14. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I run it for resource and stuff to sell or store up in the bank lol
    • Like x 1
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

I doubt that. To much time invested here to simply quit over something that doesnt change anything except stopping them from fishing queues.

And if they quit over it, well thats 1 less ********* to deal with.
  16. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Don't you get a deserter penalty if you're disconnected? Or if you leave the instance too quickly, before the score-card pops up? Or if you walk into the wrong yellow circle by mistake in some instances (happened to me at least a few times)? Or if the queue pops while you're briefly afk? Would people quit over having to wait for 30 min after an honest mistake? Maybe not, but there would be a lot of players complaining and I doubt anyone at DB customer service wants this sort of a headache. And most players would simply stop queuing Omnibus and only queue stuff they're prepared to run, effectively rendering Omnibus useless, when it comes to quickly filling queues and refilling instances in progress.

On the other hand - what's to stop people logging in with an alt and fishing again? With 16 toons you can fish all you want.

This is a game, not a job, even if some people treat it as such. Personally, I don't find queue fishing to be a huge problem. Draconian solutions won't solve much and will definitely put off a lot of ********* and it's not like this game is hugely popular as it is.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Except 'having time invested here' has nothing to do with running Omnibus. Our time invested really only applies to endgame content. As we can see from almost any omni run, you can have 0 time invested (well a level 5 toon + skip) and still run them. And he wasn't referring to quitting the game, it was quitting Omnis. And really....why do people run Omnis? If you want specific runs....would you run omnibus? If you want a feat...would you run omnibus? If you needed some collection, brief or investigation...would you run omnibus? If you need current gear...would you run omnibus? If you wanted quick marks...would you run omnibus? There are better options for all of these.

While maybe you COULD get those things in Omni....if you really wanted them you'd queue directly or build a group for that thing you need (maybe even just needing 'a few to queue then leave'...I see those every day). So what does that leave? It leaves getting the omni rewards boxes...which...as established previously...are getting less and less worth the effort. That and the people who really really like running random content with random players. And obviously there aren't a TON of those since you seem to have this issue where people are bailing out constantly. Add in 30 min delays or being forced to run in 'bad' runs (meaning either undesirable runs or ones where you are saddled with 'bad' players) and those boxes are less and less attractive, as are the runs in and of themselves.

So yeah...I believe a massive penalty for opting out would impact Omni way more than it would impact those who would get the penalty...in the end, killing real omni runs.

Mind you...I'm not saying it shouldn't happen. Again, I say go for it. I can't wait till 3 months from now when you are in here with your hat in hand saying that none of your queues ever pop anymore....which is what got us omni in the first place ironically. Hey...I've always said, remove the rewards too. Then the people who will be running omni are REALLY there just for the 'fun' of running random runs with random people. Queues might be back up to 2+ hours, but hey....THOSE people really really want to be in there, so it sounds like win-win to me. I know I will be 0% impacted by either change....can you say the same?
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

She's not concerned with those....she was pushing for I think up to 'hours' of penalty even when the PS4/5 crashes still happened 5 or more times to people in the same session. So yeah....all those 'deserters' should also get the penalty. But that's how blinders work...you are only concerned with the thing that YOU are focused on....and she's all about this whole penalty thing....even if in the end it spells doom for the very system they are trying to save.
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Sorry, but i disagree. If they dont want their time wasted, dont waste other peoples time.

If we wanna clean up the community, start with discouraging disruptive behavior.

I disagree with the "the game has issues, so just allow toxicity to fester" is a solution.

A normal player wouldnt feel these changes, but someone used to gaming the system will.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So your solution to 'clean up' this supposed toxicity (I'd say that's a very loose use of that word as far as gaming environments go), as opposed to punishing a squatter...or person that cares not to play a role, or learn how NOT to queue for it...you'd punish the people you'd actually WANT to be in the run who are knowledgeable enough to leave when it's not worth the potential shoot show they landed in.

BTW....you already gave people the solution. Land in a crappy run, sit there till kicked. A 5 min wait 'penalty' vs a 30 min one. Problem solved. It will however kick lock you for 3 hours...so that's a problem gained for you. And before you say 'well then kicked players are locked for 400 hours' or the like, remember, kicks are also something that 'toxic' players frequent in, and to me...that's a way more toxic behavior than just dropping out of or queue cancelling a bad run.

Again...you seem intent on making running blind Omnis as undesirable as possible....keep going, I hope you get all your wishes fulfilled.
    • Like x 1