Bonus Source Marks Week

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 1, 2023.

1. beardrive Committed Player

Yes, double experience only used to come twice a year. It now comes four times a year. I personally don't feel very entitled about it. And I do prepare for it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Double Nth metal experience usually happens when either a new episode drops or a new Artifact is on the way. I'm pretty sure Mepps said in January both are on the way, so sooonish?
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

Thank you Mepps. Some people here don't understand the word bonus...meaning you arent obligated to give us any of these things, but I appreciate it.

For those that keep demanding Nth metal bonuses, stop feeling entitled, it's not owed to you. Either use your Nth metal or continue to save it. It's on you, not the developers and Mepps.
    • Like x 5
  4. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Not only have I thought about it, I went back and looked at all of the dates that it has came. First 2 years were pretty horrendous, but has gotten much better the last couple years.

May 10, 2018
    -5 months, 14 days-
    Oct 31, 2018
    -3 months, 21 days-
    Feb 27, 2019
    -5 months, 29 days-
    Sept 3, 2019
    -6 months, 30 days-
    April 8, 2020
    -3 months, 8 days-
    July 22, 2020
    -2 months, 10 days-
    Oct 28, 2020
    -4 months-
    Mar 3, 2021
    -4 months, 18 days-
    July 28, 2021
    -3 months, 6 days-
    Nov 10, 2021
    -4 months, 6 days-
    Mar 23, 2022
    -3 months, 13 days-
    July 13, 2022
    -2 months, 1 day-
    Sept 21, 2022

Currently: 5 months and 2 days, and counting...

Average is 3-4 months.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Personally I'd rather they gave it to us every four months. Two or even three months is too soon. Five almost six months is too long. Four months would be the sweet spot you'd think.
    • Like x 2
  6. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Agreed.
    • Like x 1
  7. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

I am pretty sure everyone understand the meaning of the word "bonus" my doubt is..you understand what is their function?

Bonus are for keep players ENGAGED to the game...so, if almost everyone is waiting for artifacts event, maybe is time to release it....

Why some players always act like "white knights" with devs even when they are doing a terrible stuff? stop defend them
    • Like x 2
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

we were all ready for this bonus week and then that new game wayfinder just happen to fall on the begining of this bonus. and our whole league are on it now testing it out
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

Aw this sucks. Enjoy testing tho!
    • Like x 1
  10. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

You missed one in January 2022, I think it wasn't announced on the forums.
    So we had it two times a year in 2018 & 2019, three times a year in 2020 & 2021 and four times in 2022.
    But that's besides the point.

At least it used to feel special and big. :(
    Nowadays it could be every other week and still not be enough for most complainers.
    • Like x 3
  11. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

First, don't tell others what to do, it's rude. :p
    Second, some may not think it's "terrible stuff".
    Third, bonus is a free stuff that nobody is entitled to.

Devs could stop doing bonus weeks for all I care. Long ago we didn't have bonus every week - and then it was just weekends, not whole weeks. And even earlier than that there were no bonuses at all.

Devs have spoiled players more than they deserve to be, imho. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  12. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

So...I can't tell to others what to do because is rude, and you are telling me what I must do...I gotcha, next please!
  13. Eve YouTuber

He isn't going to listen to you, he thinks every reply to him that isn't fitting his narrative is rude. But we White Knights at least enjoy the game :p
    • Like x 1
  14. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

How dare we :p
    • Like x 1
  15. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Thank you for bonus.
    • Like x 1
  16. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

This is a great bonus week, and there will always be annoying people who are perpetually dissatisfied and behave irrationally behind a keyboard, but I disagree with this "spoiled" narrative.

A lot of players pay monthly + spend during, or between sales and this is a 12 year old game that is competing with other games for engagement to stay sustainable. This is a consumer and business relationship that benefits them as much as us when good bonus weeks occur that spur spending money and increases engagement. (Not a parent and child relationship as is often characterized on these forums. Entitled, spoiled, ungrateful etc...)

Despite the bad apples who don't get a hint, this isn't a great way to categorize the dev-player relationship for bonus weeks. There is a reason there are more bonus weeks now then in the past, greater retention efforts are required when the game ages. Stopping bonus weeks will hurt them, as much, if not more, than it will hurt us in the long term.

Is it annoying to literally listen to requests for the same bonus week every day? Sure...does that mean the general player base is spoiled because of the existence of bonus weeks or wanting some of their favoured ones? Hardly.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kayla El Committed Player

I am very happy for this 2 x Source Mark bonus week, so thank you very much! What would make me even more happy would be a 50% off Perfected Artifact XP Pack, so i'm begging you make it happen!
    • Like x 1
  18. Limey Committed Player

Now do the corrolation between artifact events and new episode drops.
  19. Limey Committed Player

Can we change the verbiage here to "episode content across the majority of the game"?

Select content such as Central City bounties do NOT receive double source marks, and are very much included in the "episode content" category.
  20. Emoney Dedicated Player

Well you obviously don't understand the word bonus if you're calling me a "white knight," while demanding certain bonuses or any for that matter. There was never an established time table or guarantee of ANY bonus week. So, your conclusion is quite laughable.

This week is a great bonus.

All bonuses keep players engaged, maybe not you because you want one certain bonus, but that's not the definition of player engagement as it applies to the entire community.

And I will always support the devs when they GIVE us FREE stuff.
    Call me whatever ya want, but that just makes you ungrateful imo.
    • Like x 1